Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2004 2:55:24 PM EDT
What Tax brakets does the 4 Bush Tax cuts cover?

And how do you feel about limiting free trade to protect American jobs?

My brother and I were discusisng these things earlier. And I didn't know about the exact brakets for the tax cut, but I do not beleive in economic protectionism.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:57:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:58:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine dropped, but I didn't pay attention how much.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
any cut is a good cut. Remember you don't pay taxes,,, they take taxes
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Limiting free trade to protect jobs is always a bad idea and hurts the consumer, as well as the dynamism of the economy.  Its ability to change and adapt to changes in the economy and marketplace.  America's economy is fantastically adept at adapting to change.  It's just another of our formidible strengths.

I dont know the details of Bush's tax cuts, and I dont really care about who got them.  The richest taxpayers supply most of the tax revenue, true.  But it fundamentally rankles me, the idea that a majority of lesser earners can use political force to demand the wealthy foot the bill for all the spending programs the majority decides.

It's like going to dinner with a group of 10 people.  2 people pay for 75% of the bill, the other 8 decide what to have: burgers or surf & turf?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:08:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Every tax bracket got some relief.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:14:46 PM EDT
[#6]
So no one has any solid info on wht percentage and what tax bracket?

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, mine is solid, my taxes we're cut.  I do know this, there is less of a marriage penalty.  Any tax cut is good.  And this crap about Kerry saying it's only for the rich is a bunch of BS.  Between my wife and I we make around 45k to 50k (depending on hours worked and side jobs)  I aint rich, and I got them.  This one he signed today was supposed to be big!!  But your liberal friends don't really care about paying taxes I guess.  We do!!!!!  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Trade protectionism for essential / strategic industries is necessary, in my opinion - look what has happened to our Steel industry without it.
And we have only ONE govt small arms ammo manufacturing facility??

Beyond industries necessary for the Nation's defense, Capitalism Ackbar, I say.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#10]

I just finished reading Capitalism: The Unknown Ideal.  

'Nuff said.  

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:34:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So no one has any solid info on wht percentage and what tax bracket?

I can say this, after being laid off, and not making shit for a year, if you have dependents, and make less than about $35-40K a year you didn't get a tax cut because you weren't paying taxes anyway, they might have been withholding, but you got everypenny back, and in some cases then some.

Why would anyone who paid no taxes be expecting a tax cut, or even worse, a refund?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:36:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Limiting free trade to protect jobs is always a bad idea and hurts the consumer, as well as the dynamism of the economy.  Its ability to change and adapt to changes in the economy and marketplace.  America's economy is fantastically adept at adapting to change.  It's just another of our formidible strengths.

Problem is, many of our trading partners subscribe to a different definition of "free trade".  They want to be free to sell their stuff here and they want to be free to fuck us when we try to sell in their countries.

I'm all for unrestricted trade for those who trade with us fairly, even if they have lower labor rates, as long as those labor rates aren't propped up by constant monetary (theirs) devaluation, child/prison labor, etc. etc.

That is not fair trade.

ETA, I've made my living in manufacturing ever since I left the Navy 10 years ago.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top