Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/8/2007 7:49:39 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:52:00 PM EST
Booo hiss.... Vipers shoot like 40mm rounds not lasers
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:52:54 PM EST
Wow, that was really well done. One HUGE problem though... The Colonial Fleet would be debris before the first warhead hit the lead SD. I didn't see any turbolaser fire in that vid.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:53:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By 103:
Wow, that was really well done. One HUGE problem though... The Colonial Fleet would be debris before the first warhead hit the lead SD. I didn't see any turbolaser fire in that vid.

Maybe they thought it would be more sporting if they just let the fighters play.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:54:20 PM EST
That was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:54:37 PM EST
The colonial fleet would be swept from space by the Imperial Fleet........easy win
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:07:01 PM EST

Colonials have nukes.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:10:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Colonials have nukes.

Imperial Fleet has Darth Vader.

Game. Set. Match.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:11:00 PM EST

Colonials have nukes.

Empire has the Death Star
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:13:30 PM EST

Colonials have nukes.

Death Star. Sun Crusher. PLANETARY Shields. A history of space navy combat dating back 25,000 years.

Oh, and funny feeling the Imperials have nukes too. In museams.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:14:07 PM EST

Originally Posted By www-glock19-com:

That's the original BSG, they shoot lasers not 40mm rounds.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:23:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By cyclone:
The colonial fleet would be swept from space by the Imperial Fleet........easy win

wll the thing is they werent true to BSG. the entirety of the mil fleet excpt for the BSG was destroyed so i think it wouldnt have even been a battle. BSG wouldve been captured.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:23:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 8:30:04 PM EST by www-glock19-com]

Originally Posted By silentsod:

pretty sure that is new show footage not 1978 but yes you are right lasers in the old show
New show tracer goodness

They have showed them loading up cased/belted rounds into the vipers many times on the new show
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:26:40 PM EST
Vipers would mop the floor with the TIEs. The TIEs do not have the maneuverability, range, or acceleration that the Vipers do.

Battlestars would get thrashed by the Star Destroyers like a CV going up against a BB.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:35:23 PM EST

Originally Posted By TheAvatar9265ft:
Vipers would mop the floor with the TIEs. The TIEs do not have the maneuverability, range, or acceleration that the Vipers do.

Battlestars would get thrashed by the Star Destroyers like a CV going up against a BB.

Agree with the second point. But the first? The Imperial Starfleet has a whole lot more than simple Tie Fighters. Interceptors, V-wings, ARC-170s, TIE Advanced (and its many iterations). Then you have the gunboats, Victory Star Destroyers, Republic era star destroyers (forget what they are called), thousands upon thousands of Dreadnaughts. Even Spacetroopers. Honestly, nothing of the Colonial Fleet would have a chance.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:39:10 PM EST
And we are what, a month and a half from Battlestar Galactica: Razor, and like 4 1/2 months out from BSG?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:43:30 PM EST
The Adeptus Astartes laugh at this topic.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:47:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 8:48:43 PM EST by FishKepr]

Originally Posted By Cypher15:
wll the thing is they werent true to BSG. the entirety of the mil fleet excpt for the BSG was destroyed so i think it wouldnt have even been a battle. BSG wouldve been captured.

Considering that the whole premise is inconsistent with the show my answer to that is, well, BSG is just a TV show...

I think the exercise was interesting. Hell, even the music selection was good.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:51:36 PM EST

Colonials have nukes.

And the Imperial ships have shields.

The side with the shields win.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:08:41 PM EST
SSSoooooo happy im not the only scifi dork here ...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:14:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By silentsod:

pretty sure that is new show footage not 1978 but yes you are right lasers in the old show
New show tracer goodness

They have showed them loading up cased/belted rounds into the vipers many times on the new show

I'm a big fan of the new show, but I've seen enough of the old to realize it was terrible!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:28:20 PM EST
Top Top