Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Posted: 3/11/2005 4:36:59 AM EST
More info to come
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:37:51 AM EST
FOX News says the Judge is dead and a Deputy has been shot too.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:38:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/11/2005 4:38:54 AM EST by VTHOKIESHOOTER]
Three people shot...........-CNN

Glad firearms are banned in courthouses
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:38:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/11/2005 4:39:33 AM EST by archer2]
Two Shot, Including Deputy, at Court

This is what is known

Web Editor: Ian Stinson
Last Modified: 3/11/2005 9:31:55 AM

A Fulton County sheriff's deputy and a second person were shot in downtown Atlanta.

The deputy was shot shortly before 9 a.m. near the Fulton County courthouse on Pryor Street. The deputy was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital.

Police are looking for a green Mazda Tribute with the license plate 4643 ABW in connection with the shooting.

The circumstances of the shooting, as well as the extent of injuries was unknown.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:39:53 AM EST
Guy grabbed the deputie's gun and started shooting........-CNN
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:40:06 AM EST

Originally Posted By VTHOKIESHOOTER:

I hope whomever birthed that little jewel of legislation gets slapped today.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:41:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By arowneragain:

I hope whomever birthed that little jewel of legislation gets slapped today.

You bet
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:41:31 AM EST
Here comes an attack on us now for payback
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:41:32 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:42:10 AM EST
Look for more gun controll acts in the near future....even though it was the deputy's gun....
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:42:13 AM EST

Originally Posted By ZitiForBreakfast:
Here comes an attack on us now for payback

WTF?????????????
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:42:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/11/2005 4:43:38 AM EST by VTHOKIESHOOTER]
CNN reports that they are looking for a Mercury Sable-Gray colored
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:42:52 AM EST

Guy grabbed the deputie's gun and started shooting........-CNN

I do feel better when only cops have guns
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:43:03 AM EST

Originally Posted By Stoney-Point:
Look for more gun controll acts in the near future....even though it was the deputy's gun....

Smart guns??
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:43:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By archer2:
Two Shot, Including Deputy, at Court

This is what is known

Web Editor: Ian Stinson
Last Modified: 3/11/2005 9:31:55 AM

A Fulton County sheriff's deputy and a second person were shot in downtown Atlanta.

The deputy was shot shortly before 9 a.m. near the Fulton County courthouse on Pryor Street. The deputy was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital.

Police are looking for a green Mazda Tribute with the license plate 4643 ABW in connection with the shooting.

The circumstances of the shooting, as well as the extent of injuries was unknown.

Well, you know what their soultion will be... stop cops from carrying in courthouses too
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:45:37 AM EST
MORE INFO

Reporter Denis O'Hare reported from the scene that the injuries to the deputy looked serious.

Police were looking for a green Mazda Tribute with the license plate 4643 ABW in connection with the shooting. Officials said that the suspect carjacked at least one vehicle from a Centennial Olympic Park parking deck and transferred to at least two other vehicles and was last thought to be in a Grey or Green Honda Accord with the license plate 6584YN
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:46:40 AM EST
Court room on 8th floor, dude killed 2 people and got away, carjacked at least 2 cars
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:47:20 AM EST
I take that back, he took the deputys gun.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:47:55 AM EST
Now saying 4 carjackings. Perp now on foot, still loose
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:48:26 AM EST
And of course only the LEOs in the courthouse were allowed to be armed. That way the perp knows who to take out. They are now reporting 2 deputies and a judge shot.

Shame the attorneys and others were not allowed to be armed, might have ended differently.

They are talking now how the courthouse needs additional security. WTF???? The gun was allowed in.

Stupid....
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:48:27 AM EST
Looks like the perp is going around Atl. car jacking every other car.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:49:15 AM EST

The deputy is seriously injured and that's the only thing you can say? classy.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:50:01 AM EST
Killed the judge (Judge Barnes) and a deputy. A court reporter shot and possibly a second deputy
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:53:27 AM EST
Grabbed the deputy's gun? Holy shit. That's another reason I always say that going to and from the courthouse isthe most dangerous part of my work day.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 4:53:40 AM EST
Second deputy was shot in the parking deck, possibly trying to stop the killer.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:01:55 AM EST
Perp is believed to be in the Centennial Park area, accross the street from the CNN bldg.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:03:57 AM EST
Sorry for the judge / deputies.

Thank god it wasn't an AK.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:05:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/11/2005 5:08:11 AM EST by ar-wrench]
BOLO Brian Nichols 6'1" 210lbs 34 years old, Black Male

edit: Up on Rape charges
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:06:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By thecleaner:

Classy? What is that supposed to mean? Is he supposed to say "I'm really going to miss that guy I never met or even heard of till he got shot?" Or is he supposed to spew the customary internet solemnities, with their purely theoretical gravity and sincerity? You think it "unclassy" to make a cogent if brief comment on the actual facts we have available rather than bleating "I pray for that deputy [even though I don't whether he was a wife-beating child molester, thief, and sadistic torturer] and his family [who may be very happy that he's gone]?" He didn't criticize the officer. He drew attention to the fact that the available information neatly impeaches the idea that allowing only LEOs to be armed promotes safety. I guess you keep a spavined sway-backed high horse tethered to your CPU for "opportunities" like this. Get over yourself.

I think that you can tuck up your skirts and assume that he thinks shooting policemen is a bad thing. The fact that he elected to comment on another aspect of the situation doesn't invite criticism, anymore than does the fact that you've failed to acknowledge that this guy probably wouldn't have escaped had he not been in a basically gun-free zone; that is, had somebody besides the cops been armed. The fact that you've engaged in half-assed emotional condescension does warrant criticism.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:08:25 AM EST
Why arent perps or defendants cuffed? Especially in court, gotta have a Hannibal Lechter cage.....
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:10:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By ar-wrench:
Killed the judge (Judge Barnes) and a deputy. A court reporter shot and possibly a second deputy

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:10:32 AM EST
I hope they find and kill the bastard
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:11:53 AM EST

Originally Posted By ar-wrench:
Black Male...... Up on Rape charges

Nope...........I won't say it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:11:57 AM EST

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

A very real possibility now that the perp is shooting at any uniform he sees.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:12:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

I've got a gut feeling that he won't be taken alive.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:13:31 AM EST
Of course this is no surprise, but the best that's happened for gun rights in a very long time was Mark Wilson.

Unfortunately, .gov keeps trying to legislate the Mark Wilsons of this country out of existence.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:14:18 AM EST

I've got a gut feeling that he won't be taken alive.

That would truly be a service to society.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:14:49 AM EST

Originally Posted By cobra-ak:
Why arent perps or defendants cuffed? Especially in court, gotta have a Hannibal Lechter cage.....

Because the defending lawyer does not want to prejudice the jury against his client.

A quick question for all the guys in the "pursuit" thread. Should we chase him, or wait for him to come home?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:18:54 AM EST

I can't believe I have to explain this but....

According to those that would choose to disarm the populace and only allow law enforcement to carry guns, courthouses should be some of the safest environments because it basically gives them what they are looking for. Today has proven that only arming police will not prevent gun violence. As a matter of fact, I submit that it made it worse because now we have a murderer and rapist running loose when there was a possibility that he could have been stopped by an armed citizen in the courthouse. Instead, everyone was left powerless to defend themselves or others

My heart goes out to the judge and deputies that were shot.

Don't try to stir shit with such an innocent post
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:19:36 AM EST
Looks like the perp is a rapist. Hopefully he will be capped by the end of the morning.

What a piece of shit.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:20:55 AM EST

Originally Posted By Johninaustin:

A quick question for all the guys in the "pursuit" thread. Should we chase him, or wait for him to come home?

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:22:49 AM EST
Breaking. MSNBC reports that the court reporter also died. This guy needs to die.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:23:00 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/11/2005 5:23:32 AM EST by shootemup]
court reporter's dead now

Damn, a little late
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:23:33 AM EST

Because the defending lawyer does not want to prejudice the jury against his client.

I was just talking with someone that officer's guns are even taken with the perp or defendant cuffed, obviously there was a lapse....
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:23:36 AM EST

Originally Posted By az_larry:
Breaking. MSNBC reports that the court reporter also died. This guy needs to die.

He probably will. Either the police will cap him, a CCW holder will cap him or he will be captured and tried and sent to the gas chamber.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:24:05 AM EST
SOP only one armmed deputy in the court room.

Perp was up on several Felony charges including rape, aggrivated sodomy, kidnapping, firearm in pos. during a felony, and about 4 misc traffic charges (chase). Perp been in jail no bond since Aug.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:24:17 AM EST

The chances of THIS guy hurting someone else are greater than the chances of an incidental victim of the chase.

So chase him.

In those chase/don't chase scenarios, it's just a matter of playing the odds. Sometimes you lose.

<---waiting to hear that this perp is in a black bag on his way to the morgue.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:24:31 AM EST
They dont need more security, they need some proper training and level 3 holsters. How hard would that be? The police do not get the resources they need at all. A good friend of mine who is on a local SWAT team told me that the county will only give the team 4 hours of training time per month. What a bunch of shit that is. These guys need more training that all.

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:25:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:

Classy? What is that supposed to mean? Is he supposed to say "I'm really going to miss that guy I never met or even heard of till he got shot?" Or is he supposed to spew the customary internet solemnities, with their purely theoretical gravity and sincerity? You think it "unclassy" to make a cogent if brief comment on the actual facts we have available rather than bleating "I pray for that deputy [even though I don't whether he was a wife-beating child molester, thief, and sadistic torturer] and his family [who may be very happy that he's gone]?" He didn't criticize the officer. He drew attention to the fact that the available information neatly impeaches the idea that allowing only LEOs to be armed promotes safety. I guess you keep a spavined sway-backed high horse tethered to your CPU for "opportunities" like this. Get over yourself.

I think that you can tuck up your skirts and assume that he thinks shooting policemen is a bad thing. The fact that he elected to comment on another aspect of the situation doesn't invite criticism, anymore than does the fact that you've failed to acknowledge that this guy probably wouldn't have escaped had he not been in a basically gun-free zone; that is, had somebody besides the cops been armed. The fact that you've engaged in half-assed emotional condescension does warrant criticism.

I see that you stopped by Starbucks and had a few of the
64oz. Jumbo Mumbo Double Caffeine Go Postal Latte's
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:26:17 AM EST
We can thank the gun-bigots for this. They foolishly claim that their "laws" will make society "safer".

In reality, those who are purely evil cannot be rehabilitated or affected with any law. This man is an animal and must be hunted and executed. Yes, killed in the same manner that he killed his victims.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:31:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By HighlandMac:
They dont need more security, they need some proper training and level 3 holsters. How hard would that be? The police do not get the resources they need at all. A good friend of mine who is on a local SWAT team told me that the county will only give the team 4 hours of training time per month. What a bunch of shit that is. These guys need more training that all.

Unfortunately, its Fulton county and Law Enforcement isn't a high priority. That money is better for lining the corrupt Politicians in the Atlanta area.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 12
Top Top