Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/24/2005 6:45:01 AM EST
Just coming up on the radar…

ANdy

Abu Musab al Zarqawi

IRAQ'S MOST WANTED 'HURT'

Iraq's most wanted man, insurgent leader Abu Musab al Zarqawi, has been wounded, according to an al Qaeda website.

Al Zarqawi is suspected of being behind the beheading of British hostage Ken Bigley and the death of aid worker Margaret Hassan.

"O nation of Islam... Pray for the healing of our Sheikh Abu Musab al-Zarqawi from an injury he suffered in the path of God," said a statement from the al Qaeda Organisation for Holy War in Iraq.

The statement, posted by the group's media coordinator, Abu Maysarah al Iraqi, did not say how or when al Zarqawi was injured.

Al Iraqi is known to be the group's media coordinator, but there was no way to confirm if he had posted the statement himself.

Al Zarqawi has claimed responsibility for scores of attacks against Iraqi civilians and security forces, as well as kidnappings.

There is a $25m bounty on his head.

"Let the near and far know that the injury of our leader is an honour, and a cause to close in on the enemies of God, and a reason to increase the attacks against them," the statement said.

More to follow...

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1183093,00.html
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:45:54 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:47:29 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:48:34 AM EST
I hope it was by JDAM.......
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:49:05 AM EST
I'll beleive it when I see the body.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:53:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 6:54:16 AM EST by distributor_of_pain]
I was over a card game. I told that f^$#@r my straight beat his flush, but he wouldn't have any of it. I had to lay the smack down.

Pain had to be distributed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:54:22 AM EST
Gee, I hope it doesn't HURT.

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:56:17 AM EST
I hear he slipped on Camel Dung
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:57:09 AM EST

Originally Posted By Bama-Shooter:

1+
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:57:34 AM EST

Originally Posted By Wave:
I'd like the honor of inlficting lead poisoning.

Lead poisoning would be to good...how about some dull cold steel in a sawing motion!?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:58:13 AM EST
Aww, poor guy.

I know what would make him feel better. A few pb injections.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:58:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By bulldog1967:
I hope it was by JDAM.......

But that's so cold and impersonal........

I hope it was by U.S. Marine bayonet.....
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:58:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By SnapNshoot:

Lead poisoning would be to good...how about some dull cold steel in a sawing motion!?

Where exactly did Saddam keep his industrial sized paper shredder?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:24:27 AM EST

This is just psy-ops. Why would A-Q
announce that he was hurt?

Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:27:31 AM EST
(Using the Voice of Richard Simmons)

Abu, you bad boy, I have just the thing for you. Too much weight loss is a bad thing my friend. What you need is to gain some weight on this new, simply "fab" weight gain formula I personally have been working on. Its called the M9 Supplement. Similar to the Colt Supplements of the past, it now comes in 9X19mm Nato sample packs of 15 each. The older M1911 230 grain suplements worked way to fast and left you feeling "dead" all the time. We are going to bulk you up my little Arab friend with this new Beretta delivery system. M9 Supplements are easy to take and easier to get. No Rx needed and can be found in any neighborhood near you today.

To bulk up, Simply drive by a local "Police Station", say in Fallujah, making sure there is a HMMWV or two(2) parked nearby. Yell out something bad about the United States Marine Corps or something like it, and I'll bet you can get all the supplements you need. Be sure to mention my name for special discounts. As you know I just Love Marines.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:29:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By TheCynic:

I agree, sounds like a load, but who knows. They don't seem to be the smartest turds in the sandbox to begin with.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:31:29 AM EST
I hope he is killed and not captured. Someone might take a picture of him in his drawers and publish it and piss off all the muslims.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:33:09 AM EST

+1

Too many of these BS reports going around.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:40:49 AM EST

Exactly. This is enemy propaganda. Chances are it's a lie. The only reason to make an announcement like this is to somehow profit from it. I would not believe anything coming from an AQ source...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:42:25 AM EST
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:50:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 7:52:14 AM EST by hardcorps1775]

i'll believe it when i see dubya post his head on a pike outside the front gate of the white house.

this kinda smells like the same shit that asshole, crook from forsakethetroops.com, tried; claiming he was murdered by soldiers...
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 7:54:56 AM EST

Originally Posted By SnapNshoot:

or lead poisoning via pellet gun.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:04:08 AM EST

Because he's dead, Jim.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:16:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By distributor_of_pain:

I agree, sounds like a load, but who knows. They don't seem to be the smartest turds in the sandbox to begin with.

So, assuming that the report is actually psy-ops, what are some end results AQ would be trying to acheive? Seriously...right now I can't think of any viable reasons to announce his wounding.

I would be interested in any theories.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:33:02 AM EST
Just a few of endless hypothetical possibilities:

1) He is actually dead, but it's better to say he's wounded

2) Zarqawi relocated away from the areas that the U.S. military corrently focuses on and wants to conduct operations. By announcing he was just injured they may hope to give the impression that he was involved in one of the most recent gun battles and is still in the area, but he is actually somewhere else. Good diversion with relatively short term effect...

3) They are hoping to boost financial support and recruitment with the announcement

Who knows?
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 8:37:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By pcsutton:
So, assuming that the report is actually psy-ops, what are some end results AQ would be trying to acheive? Seriously...right now I can't think of any viable reasons to announce his wounding.

To lend credence to the previous
US reports of his injuries.

To rally the troops (he is a mardyr
for the cause).

To gauge US reaction.

To try and flush out informants.

Top Top