Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2006 9:12:47 AM EDT
I was just at my local bank, heard a radio report that 5 explosive devices were found in different locations around the city of Grand Junction, Colorado.  I haven't heard anytrhing else so far, will try to dig for more info.  Too bad FOX is so busy reporting on the death of a preacher, nothing on national news yet.

Stay Tuned-

--VT
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:15:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I was just at my local bank, heard a radio report that 5 explosive devices were found in different locations around the city of Grand Junction, Colorado.  I haven't heard anytrhing else so far, will try to dig for more info.  Too bad FOX is so busy reporting on the death of a preacher, nothing on national news yet.

Stay Tuned-

--VT

It's all Bush's fault.

The explosives AND the preacher's death.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stay Tuned-

--VT

It's all Bush's fault.

well, duh?!?  we already knew that!  LOL!

--VT
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:17:59 AM EDT
[#3]
tag

edit: story here

New, 10:40 a.m.: Bombs explode at GJ homes

Friday, March 24, 2006

By GARY HARMON

The Daily Sentinel

Several crude bombs exploded and one was disarmed this morning at Grand Junction homes located miles apart.

No injuries were reported.

Grand Junction police are investigating explosions at 816 Mazatlan Drive, 2975 Summerbrook Drive and 2344 1/2 Rattlesnake. A bomb squad disarmed a bomb at 2256 Knollwood Lane and another device was found in the 600 block of Seranade Street at 9:41 a.m.

Linda Bowman of the police department said the bombs were identically built, black office-style trash cans covered in silver duct tape.

The bomb at Summerbrook Drive was placed in front of the garage door of the vacant residence. The explosion about 7:30 a.m. scorched the front of the garage door and melted the vinyl siding.

“It was a big, bright flame,” said a neighbor who asked not to be identified. “It was just a horrible, scary thing.”

Police disarmed the Knollwood Lane bomb when a resident spotted the unusual container in the driveway and contacted authorities.

Anyone seeing similar devices should call 911 immediately, Bowman said.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Uhh...I'm going to IM my buddy over on the West Slope.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
tag

edit: story here

New, 10:40 a.m.: Bombs explode at GJ homes

Friday, March 24, 2006

By GARY HARMON

The Daily Sentinel

Several crude bombs exploded and one was disarmed this morning at Grand Junction homes located miles apart.

No injuries were reported.

Grand Junction police are investigating explosions at 816 Mazatlan Drive, 2975 Summerbrook Drive and 2344 1/2 Rattlesnake. A bomb squad disarmed a bomb at 2256 Knollwood Lane and another device was found in the 600 block of Seranade Street at 9:41 a.m.

Linda Bowman of the police department said the bombs were identically built, black office-style trash cans covered in silver duct tape.

The bomb at Summerbrook Drive was placed in front of the garage door of the vacant residence. The explosion about 7:30 a.m. scorched the front of the garage door and melted the vinyl siding.

“It was a big, bright flame,” said a neighbor who asked not to be identified. “It was just a horrible, scary thing.”

Police disarmed the Knollwood Lane bomb when a resident spotted the unusual container in the driveway and contacted authorities.

Anyone seeing similar devices should call 911 immediately, Bowman said.

Link to pdf here

--VT
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:56:35 AM EDT
[#6]
This smells like the work of Illegal Aliens!  Or possibly Arab Shipping Interests.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
This smells like the work of Illegal Aliens!  Or possibly Arab Shipping Interests.

I dunno... Nobody was wearing them when they blew up!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:05:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:10:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:15:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I call BS on calling them bombs. A trashcan sized "bomb" only scorched the garage door it was sitting on front of?
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I call BS on calling them bombs. A trashcan sized "bomb" only scorched the garage door it was sitting on front of?

No kidding.  Sounds like it's closer to lit bags of poo than pipe bombs on the old threat-o-meter.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:07:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks like we dodged anothrt big one ... this time ...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Uhh...I'm going to IM my buddy over on the West Slope.

Yeah, let us know if he did it

LOL!

He didn't do it.  But he hadn't heard a word bout it either...figures.  Leave it to ARFCOM...knows more about what's going on somewhere thana locals sometimes.

I told him to stay away from black trash cans covered with duct tape.  He said he probably would have anyway.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:10:37 PM EDT
[#14]
tag for updates
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm better it's one of three things:

1) Dumbass kids making "bombs" as pranks

2) Wannabe terrorist who completely fails at building incendiary devices

3) Dumbass trying to make the news so he can laugh at how dumb the cops are and how clever he is shortly before he gets arrested after bragging about it to all his friends
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Yep.  Probably just flammable gas.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:39:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Update, person of interest sought in connection with explosions.

I don't know how to copy and paste from pdf format but here's the link and the update

Person of interest sought

ETA fix link, thanks SUB

--VT
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stay Tuned-

--VT

It's all Bush's fault.

and my hemorroids........CURSE THAT BUSH!!!
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 3:45:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Update, person of interest sought in connection with explosions.

I don't know how to copy and paste from pdf format but here's the link and the update

link to Grand Junction Info

--VT

ETA this link if above doesn't work

Limky no worky

www.gjcity.org/CityDeptWebPages/Administration/LinkedFiles/PDF/PD/2006/PersonofInterestinExplosions.pdf
I feex
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Dang! First I've heard of this all day long.

And the only tv station I get is out of GJ but they're playing basketball all night long.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Well I hope they don't get any funny ideas and try that elsewhere...
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:42:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I'm better it's one of three things:

1) Dumbass kids making "bombs" as pranks

2) Wannabe terrorist who completely fails at building incendiary devices

3) Dumbass trying to make the news so he can laugh at how dumb the cops are and how clever he is shortly before he gets arrested after bragging about it to all his friends

+1

Max
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#26]

jeez not even a whole house
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
So a firecracker is now reported as an 'explosive device'

I must have missed the firecracker part of the story.  Where'd you get that idea?

--VT
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top