Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2005 8:29:40 AM EDT
... And that it will be announced within the hour.

The devil is in the details....
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:32:03 AM EDT
[#1]
tagged for updates
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#2]
DAMN!

This shit is going to surface again as soon as Bush selects a Supreme candidate.  The pussy Republicans still don't get it.  The Democrats will lie, cheat and steal to win.  This is TOTAL FUCKING WAR for them.

Now...what about those candidates the Dems don't really want?  How do you tell them..."so sorry, you're too perfect for our friends on the other side of the aisle!"

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
DAMN!

This shit is going to surface again as soon as Bush selects a Supreme candidate.  The pussy Republicans still don't get it.  The Democrats will lie, cheat and steal to win.  This is TOTAL FUCKING WAR for them.

Now...what about those candidates the Dems don't really want?  How do you tell them..."so sorry, you're too perfect for our friends on the other side of the aisle!"

Tony Snow was talking about this yesterday, Sen Bill Frist can call the "Nuclear" option any time the Dems try to filibuster a candidate.  

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
DAMN!

Tony Snow was talking about this yesterday, Sen Bill Frist can call the "Nuclear" option any time the Dems try to filibuster a candidate.  

Ok...but IF they reach an "agreement", then in the eyes of much of America...and most certainly the liberal media Frist just got rolled big time by his own party!  This gives ammo to McCain in his bid for President in '08, it kills any chance Frist had for that same job and, worst of all, it give serious talking points and a SHITLOAD of crowing time to the fucking Democrats.

I for one REALLY hope this is BS.  I want the Republicans to take a stand and force the Dems to shut down the government.  That would be cutting their own throats.

We need those judges.  This is total fucking WAR.  The Dems damn well recognize that.  It's high time the pussies in the Republican party do as well.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:01:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:05:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are you kidding?

Sen. McCain was at the forefront of the 'Moderates' seeking a compromise!

Pizz on him!

He'll be lucky to get a speaking role in the next GOP Convention!

Eric The(Pizzed)Hun

Oh please!!!

Might as well nickname him "Token" because he is the token representative of everyone who hates Republicans.

But then again, it was once said that a "true" friend will stab you in the front, not the back
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#7]
McCain = Arizona's favorite democrat...Talk about a RINO

And you have to take into consideration as to why the dems are acting like this. They don't have the Executive or Legislative branches of the .gov so why not go after the Judicial?

They're still sore about losing..
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:10:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Are you kidding?

Sen. McCain was at the forefront of the 'Moderates' seeking a compromise!

Pizz on him!

He'll be lucky to get a speaking role in the next GOP Convention!

Eric The(Pizzed)Hun

McCain pisses me of as well as the other moderate republicans
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:12:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Prediction:

The Senate will reach a compromise that will allow a short term victory (current judges) but allow the Democrats to reject any Supreme Court nominations.

G23c
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#10]
If they're not gonna work (VOTE) then their pay should be docked.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You're talking about members of Congress?  Right???

Oh, that's good.  That's REALLY GOOD!!!
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:16:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

That would quickly backfire.  They already vote too much.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Eh. If the Democrats had the votes to block the nuclear option they wouldn't be compromising. If it allows the blocked judges to come up for a vote it's still a win. Either way they get voted on.

The only downside would be an attempt to filibuster a supreme court nomination. That would have a higher media profile, and the Republicans might find it harder to round up enough RINOs to go nuclear when the need arises.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would quickly backfire.  They already vote too much.

Good point... is there a way to make a filibuster eternal?

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:28:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Prediction:

The Senate will reach a compromise that will allow a short term victory (current judges) but allow the Democrats to reject any Supreme Court nominations.

G23c

There it is right there.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#16]
McCain has long ago used up any brownie pointed earned from his war hero status, at least with me.  I want this a$$hole out of my party.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
McCain has long ago used up any brownie pointed earned from his war hero status, at least with me.  I want this a$$hole out of my party.

+1
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Perfect.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#19]
As Rush was saying today the Dems and media still prance and walk around Washington as if they run the place.

They losers and whiners.

Screw them!

And 4 Dems might vote for JOHN BOLTON!

Lieberman, Landrieu, Nelson of NE and Pryor.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#20]
John McCain invented Liberal Republicanisim.....Thanks for your service John...now, just go away! Go be the 'Sultan of O-Bopa-Mau-Mau' or something useful.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Someone post it here. I am not missing King of the Hill for that.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:12:10 PM EDT
[#22]
The senate is pissing me off alot lately.

They should repeal the 17th amendment and put the appointment of senators back in the hands of the state governors.

How many states have (R) governors?  40 or so?  That would give the (R) side 80 senators and the (D) side 20.

Now, that is the real Nucular option.

Repeal the 17th amendment
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:25:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

They should repeal the 17th amendment and put the appointment of senators back in the hands of the state governors.

How many states have (R) governors?  40 or so?  That would give the (R) side 80 senators and the (D) side 20.

And term limits.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:34:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Not governors, state legislatures.

The Constitution of the United States
Article. I.
Section. 3.

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, chosen by the Legislature thereof for six Years; and each Senator shall have one Vote.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm calling right now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top