Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2001 11:49:20 AM EDT
Just on Fox News.

Just great...  

If anyone gets more details, just post 'em.

This shit never ends.  Just when we seem to make some headway against the "anti-gunners"... it all starts again!
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry..

Here:   [url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=45786[/url]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#2]
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I really hate when this happens on so many levels.  It is so depressing that some kids are scared to go to school.  When I was a kid, the only thing to be scared of at school was an ass-whoopin from the resident bully.  Not a hail of gunfire.  Great...more ammo for the anti's.
[pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 11:57:31 AM EDT
[#3]
It won't stop as it is a target rich environment.  When we made these places "Gun-Free Zones" we made it an especially tasty target for any wingnut with a grudge.

Arm the teachers, allow the parents to defend their kids, this problem would drop to zero.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish California would either change socially from the cess pit of liberalism that it is, or slide into the fucking ocean.

They wonder "why"...

If you tell people that there isn't a god, if you tell them that it is OK to suck the brains out of unborn fetuses, you can't be suprised when they act like animals. Because without a god, that's all we are.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 11:58:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Stabbed- Not shot!
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:00:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:05:24 PM EDT
[#8]
[size=6]INCORRECT![/size=6]

See [url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/US/08/20/sacramento.shooting.reut/index.html[/url] for more information.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hmmmmm... Just like clockwork one of these pops up.  Think this perp was being "professionally" treated prior to this incident?
View Quote

[size=5] I WAS MISTAKEN ABOUT YOU!!!!!!!!!!![/size=5]

You can think for yourself!!!!!!

Yes, I agree.
Call it MK Ultra, call it whatever you will.
This isn't a coincidence.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:06:46 PM EDT
[#10]
How about deleting this topic and starting over?
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:08:15 PM EDT
[#11]
[b] Thanks to the strict gun control laws of Callifornia, this incident was done with a knife. If the suspect had easy access to a gun, it surely would have been much worse... [/b]

Just thought i'd be the first one to say it, so the antis can't claim it as their own.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#12]
>LATEST UPDATE
4 stabbed, not shot. Seems to be family related, all done by 27 year old father, who is on the run in a silver Nissan.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:10:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Landon at this rate you should have about 7500 posts within a year.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Language problem, seems happened in neighbor hood full of Russian's. They seem to know who it is.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:15:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Landon at this rate you should have about 7500 posts within a year.
View Quote

Does that make you feel inferior?
Or does it just make you look like someone who is easily confused, and dosn't have much to say...
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:17:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Actually they are concerned that he is not so much on the run as looking for someone else, some certain individual who was not at either residence. Police said that they were very concerned about him striking again when they put his name and the discription of his ride on TV. They may have specific information of a target also a 2year old toddler is missing and may be with him.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:18:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I AM PISSED OFF !!!!!

On MSNBC, I dont know why but every time they update the story re-enforcing that all the victims were STABBED, they have a background picure of a gun & bullets. WHY WHY WHY ! I cant believe that in a story about a stabbing, guns still get a negative light.

Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
[b] Thanks to the strict gun control laws of Callifornia, this incident was done with a knife. If the suspect had easy access to a gun, it surely would have been much worse... [/b]

Just thought i'd be the first one to say it, so the antis can't claim it as their own.
View Quote

Thanks to the strict gun control laws of the US govt. and the state of California this immigrant Russian family could not defend themselves against a knife wielding psychopath. Had the Constitution been strictly followed where all men between the ages of 18-45 serve in the militia the odds that a firearm in either of these dwellings that could have been used to stop this massacre would have been greatly increased.

I don't really like the way you think Landon.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#19]
It's not a weapons problem it's a people problem and under our present judicial and legal systems it won't stop.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry....!!!!

I had the volume down and was just reading the closed captioning on Fox News.  
It initially said "Sacremento School Shooting".

Whew !

It's sad that it happened, but at least it apparently didn't involve guns.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Posted at MSNBC's web site

Law enforcement officers
              investigate Monday's fatal
              shootings
View Quote

Oh but wait...
This is a developing story and will be updated.
View Quote

I can hardly wait for more accurate reporting
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thanks to the strict gun control laws of the US govt. and the state of California this immigrant Russian family could not defend themselves against a knife wielding psychopath. Had the Constitution been strictly followed where all men between the ages of 18-45 serve in the militia the odds that a firearm in either of these dwellings that could have been used to stop this massacre would have been greatly increased.

I don't really like the way you think Landon.

Michael
View Quote

DING DING DING DING!!
WE HAVE A WINNER!
I was betting GUNRUNNER would be the first one to write a post like yours, showing a lack of basic comprehension skills, but NO!
IT WAS YOU!
YOU ARE THE WINNER!!!

I was being sarcastic. I was pointing out the same lame, tired, cliche, logic antis used when the psycho in Japan killed all those people with a knife...

But apparently the
!
!
V
"Just thought i'd be the first one to say it, so the antis can't claim it as their own."
View Quote

disclaimer was a bit much for you...
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:29:12 PM EDT
[#24]
HEY, KNUCKLEHEADS, ENOUGH WITH THE BICKERING!! WE'RE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:30:39 PM EDT
[#26]
I thought you may have been being sarcastic, but you never can tell with all of the shit stirrers around here so I erred on the side of being a jackass (which is my normal attitude).

What do I win anyways?

Michael
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I really hate when this happens on so many levels.  It is so depressing that some kids are scared to go to school.  When I was a kid, the only thing to be scared of at school was an ass-whoopin from the resident bully.  Not a hail of gunfire.  Great...more ammo for the anti's.
[pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed]
View Quote

At least I got revenge on my "Persnal Bully" but it cost me a year in a "Reform" school on Mercer Island Washington in 1952. My weapon of choice was my dad's Hi-Standard Military, I only hit him in the elbow, at that time I guess I was a lousy shot, much better now. The idiot actually came to my house to "Torment" me (while my dad was at work) on a weekend with some of his punk friends. You know the type.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Being an impartial observer, I must admit Ponyboy demonstarted a severe lack a comprehension.  always read a post fully and comprehend it before responding, especially when flaming someone.... and yes, we are on the same side, which makes it even more important
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:33:27 PM EDT
[#29]

So far, this incident has NOTHING to do with either a Daycare center or firearms.  Why do you suppose a trained professional reporter would make such blatant errors?  HMMMMM?
View Quote

They post a picture of a GUN whilst covering a violent event like this so that the sheeple will come, over time, to associate GUNS with violent attacks like this.
View Quote

Between those two posts, I can't figure for the life of me why we didn't get along right off the bat...
Those are two totally correct, and astute observations. Observations that the antis can't see...
They are being led like sheep by stupid little tricks of mis-association.

BAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

BAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:35:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:36:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Came in this post to read the news and find a bunch of girls whinning and bitching about stuff that does not even relate to the topic.
This just strenghtens the fact that this site(my favorite) is a soap opra to way too many members here.
BALOO
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:37:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 12:37:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Being an impartial observer, I must admit Ponyboy demonstarted a severe lack a comprehension.  always read a post fully and comprehend it before responding, especially when flaming someone.... and yes, we are on the same side, which makes it even more important
View Quote

That wasn't even close to flaming. I can barely fit my flames into the character limit. That was simply a statement of opinion.

Michael
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:21:15 PM EDT
[#34]
It doesn't matter what method was used to commit the murders, the incident will still be used to further gun control. For example Ruth Gallanter, who sits on the L.A. City council, survived an attack in her own home and was left for dead after her throat was slashed. Some months later she gave teary eyed testimoy to her ordeal at the state "assault weapon" hearings in suppport of the ban using the excuse that if her attacker had an "assault weapon" instead of a knife she would be dead.

I say abort the mission and nuke the state from orbit. It is the only way to make sure.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Have to agree 100% with Imbro's last post. It's the only way to be sure...
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#36]
PS---McLandon...?
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#37]
[size=4]Is the BATF tracing the knife????

Come ON!  We need to know how he got the knife.  Who's owed it?  Did he buy it through a knife show loophole?

If it were a gun we would spend more time tracing the weapon than looking for the suspect[/size=4]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:08:28 PM EDT
[#38]
she gave teary eyed testimoy to her ordeal at the state "assault weapon" hearings in suppport of the ban using the excuse that if her attacker had an "assault weapon" instead of a knife she would be dead.
View Quote

That is the saddest thing I have ever heard.  If he would have used a [b]SINGLE-SHOT .22[/b] she would be dead.  Stupid bitch.  

You have a valid plan, Imbrog, I admit that.

fight4yourrights:  You are correct.  It was probably a stolen knife with the numbers filed off, and a high-cap blade that was more than 3" long.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#39]
The flaw in imbroglio's plan is that we might lose some good people on our side.

To combat that, I propose we support a complete gun ban and confiscation in KA. Give the good guys motivation to move. Follow this up by propsoing tax breaks to any trial lawyers who move into KA.

Once this accomplished, we need christopher walken to create an earthquake in KA. Anybody know how to reach him?
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:16:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Yeah, expect the commies to "spin" this to their advantage somehow.  Remember when some nut stabbed George Harrison and he lived?  All the commies were busy comparing that incident to the John Lennon murder:  England, gun control, knife, former Beatle lives.  America, not enough gun control, gun, former Beatle dies.

Now we need a "good" ending.  Scumbag goes somewhere with his knife, starts rampaging, and a law-abiding citizen blasts him with an evil firearm.  We can all hope.

Oh yeah, wait a minute, this is Calif.  If the citizen is law-abiding, he left his evil firearm at home and gets stabbed himself, along with a half-dozen other people.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:21:29 PM EDT
[#41]
FOx news is still reporting it as a shooting, even though they have a graphic up now which says stabbing, Laurie Dew has said shooter about a dozen times in 1 minute.

Give me 5 minutes with her...no make that an hour.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:31:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I see that "InTheBlack" has started this topic up now with a photograph of the "Alleged" perpetrator of the "Crime" ? Latest I saw on Fox is that he may have is 3 year old child with him. He killed his wife in one place, drove 7-9 miles to another house, killed an elderly couple. Stabbed a 9 year old girl who died later and stabbed a 10 year boy to death on the front porch in front of witnesses. I wouldn't count on that 3 year old coming out alive if this guy is cornered. Wonder how one would commit suicide with a knife, other than wrist slashing and "Hari Kari" ? This guy is off the deep end right now. It won't be long before he is spotted.
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Another ugly and unfortunate incident.  It's hard to believe that many will still blame the weapons and not those that wield them.

This stabbing "rampage" will be used against law abiding gun-owners as well.  The anti's will only understand that "violence happened" and work on keeping "weapons of mass destruction" (ie firearms), out of the hands of criminals and other violent people.  They will simply not care the effect it has on law abiding gun-owners.  Gun owners are seen as unreasonable nut cases to the anti's, and therefore their arguements are not to be taken seriously.  Odd though, that someone on the scene with a firearm might have been able to stop this man in his tracks.

Just rambling...

Link Posted: 8/20/2001 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Just got done writing MSNBC about the misprinted sentence next to the picture on their site, about "shooting". Here's the link. Let them know they should change it immediately, for the sake of accurate journalism, for the sake of the family, for the poor murderer who "was really a nice guy" (someone's gonna say it eventually, right?), whatever. Be nice now boys, and s-p-e-l-l correctly won't cha?

[url]www.msnbc.com/m/nw/nwinfo_contactus.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 8/20/2001 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

On MSNBC, I dont know why but every time they update the story re-enforcing that all the victims were STABBED, they have a background picure of a gun & bullets.
View Quote

My local news also shows the same picture of a 1911 and a few round of .357 laying beside it. I bitch and moan every time I see it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 12:36:38 AM EDT
[#46]
I was watching the newsfeed from the local NBC station and it took until the 11pm broadcast to drop all mention of a shooting taking place.

At 6pm they still showed a pic of a gun in the background graphic. There even was a new gun graphic used when they were reporting another unrelated murder where some college girl was stabbed in her truck.

They are using the old "pavlov's dogs" conditioned response technique.
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 1:51:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Is is possible that the suspect was using an automatic assult weapon with a bayonete attached?
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 2:16:44 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/21/2001 12:02:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If you tell people that there isn't a god, if you tell them that it is OK to suck the brains out of unborn fetuses, you can't be suprised when they act like animals. Because without a god, that's all we are.
View Quote

God and abortion being legal has nothing to do with this incident or any of the shootings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top