Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/30/2006 2:34:20 AM EDT
Reporter freed

Might be a reporter, might be a liberal, but she's an AMERICAN!!!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:43:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Reporter freed

I think you're a tad too opitmistic...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:45:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Good news.

Thanks Rakky!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:46:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Reporter freed

I think you're a tad too opitmistic...

Well, until she tries to shoot the Prez, or sits in an enemy AA gun emplacement, or comes knocking on my door trying to confiscate my firearms, I don't wish the death upon her that those bastards were capable of handing out.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:46:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Let me be the first to say that we will find that she was a willing participant.

IMHO it was a scam.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:47:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Let me be the first to say that we will find that she was a willing participant.

IMHO it was a scam.

That thought crossed my mind, or it was a ransom deal.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:48:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

IMHO it was a scam.

If so, then hang her for treason.  But until that is proved, I'm glad she's alive.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:50:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

IMHO it was a scam.

I tend to agree with this.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 2:51:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I am glad she is free and alive.

But now the big question is, will she come home with a whole new perspective on what type of people these insurgent thugs are...or will she have the attitude that our presence is the cause for all of this?

Will be interesting, no doubt.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:05:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IMHO it was a scam.

I tend to agree with this.

I would agree with that, so some extent...But her friend and translator was murdered.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:09:59 AM EDT
[#10]
I am somewhat dissapointed this kommie skank did not have her head sawn off. She will now be "overflowing" with stories about how the jihadis are "misunderstood" and are "victimized and "exploited" by American imperialism and how she "saw' American soldiers torturing children ,etc,etc. Then will come the bleeding heart book deal so that more of her kommrads can hear her whinney bullshit and then the "Michael Moore Documentary" ,which will show how Americans are taking over the world and the "freedom fighters" must rise up and kill more Americans.

It is always much better to have her ilk crushed under a bulldozer.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:11:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I am somewhat dissapointed this kommie skank did not have her head sawn off. She will now be "overflowing" with stories about how the jihadis are "misunderstood" and are "victimized and "exploited" by American imperialism and how she "saw' American soldiers torturing children ,etc,etc. Then will come the bleeding heart book deal so that more of her kommrads can hear her whinney bullshit and then the "Michael Moore Documentary" ,which will show how Americans are taking over the world and the "freedom fighters" must rise up and kill more Americans.

Don't hold back...tell us how you really feel!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:18:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Reporter freed

We'll see if she's still an American when she speaks out.  I'm sure she will
cast all blame on George Bush and go on about how the war was wrong, blah, blah, blah.

Whatever she says, she needs to remember that SHE put HERSELF in that mess.

Oh, welcome back.

B_S
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:18:51 AM EDT
[#13]
If this was a scam she is a cold-blooded murderer and should get the needle.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:37:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Can't WAIT to read the book.

Libtard + Stockholm Syndrome + Disdain for the US mission in Iraq and our Military + 15 minutes of fame ought to make for some interesting reading.

JDC
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:39:40 AM EDT
[#15]
It is neat to see how so many of us here are already in her head and know exactly what is going to happen/ what she is going to say.

I need to learn that trick.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:41:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+1
Collaborator from the start; unfortunately this is not viewed as a crime anymore, only a "freedom of speech" issue.
She should be hanged.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:44:09 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't have any idea whats in her head. I don't wish her dead (for now).

All I said was IMHO it was a scam. What better mouthpiece for the other side?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:45:56 AM EDT
[#18]
We'll see...

My mind turns to the 'peace activists' who were kidnapped...

Go to Iraq saying that the US/UK should not be there...

Get kidnapped by the jihadis...

I wonder if they told the US/UK soldiers who rescued them to get out of Iraq...

Kind of like that skit about the US, France, and Germany....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:46:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
It is neat to see how so many of us here are already in her head and know exactly what is going to happen/ what she is going to say.

Its called being a keyboard commando.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 3:48:12 AM EDT
[#20]
That chick doesn't look the type that would set up her translator to be killed. I think she was an easy target that's all and somebody probably paid a ransom or else why would they give her up.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:20:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Yay!

Now she can continue reporting how evil America and the military are, how we need undersdtanding with fundamentalists, how nice and gentle the insurgents are, how Bush is the cause of all strife in the world....blah, blah, blah......

She is a liberal POS who side with our enemies, but apparently that doesn't mean anything since she is an American....Hey, so was Benedict Arnold, I guess he gets a pass too...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:30:20 AM EDT
[#22]
What is this webstie you linked to MSNBsomething....  are they like a news place?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:30:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Yay!

Now she can continue reporting how evil America and the military are, how we need undersdtanding with fundamentalists, how nice and gentle the insurgents are, how Bush is the cause of all strife in the world....blah, blah, blah......

She is a liberal POS who side with our enemies, but apparently that doesn't mean anything since she is an American....Hey, so was Benedict Arnold, I guess he gets a pass too...

We have proof of what Benedict Arnold did...This story is only hours old and you guys are putting quotes in her mouth and wish that she was killed instead of being freed.

I would rather wait and see then decide.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:33:00 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its called being a keyboard commando.

1st Chairborne vet checking in here.

She's on live TV now, still wearing the hijjab rag on her head, saying how well she was treated, how they never hit her or threatened to hit her. How they kept her safe etc. She didn't have too much to say about her dead ex-friends. I guess they didn't come out of this as cheerfully as her.

Look for her book deal extolling the virtues of " IssLaam" and "Mooslimbs" and blaming Bush. Coming to a patchouli stinking left-wing book store near you.

She is from Ann Arbor, a town I grew up in. Her type is very common around here. Sad.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:33:16 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

IMHO it was a scam.

I totally agree.

I am so shocked and surprised by this news, I think I may have a heart attack and die...

Or not.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:34:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Why would they kill an ally?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:34:46 AM EDT
[#27]

She is from Ann Arbor, a town I grew up in. Her type is very common around here. Sad.

I hate A2. I really do.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:34:51 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
This story is only hours old and you guys are putting quotes in her mouth

She has already said that she was treated "very well" by her captors and that even though they threatened to kill her, they never hit her or threatened to hit her.

Call me a cynic, but she's going to be another liberal, anti-war posterchild and mouth piece.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:37:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This story is only hours old and you guys are putting quotes in her mouth

She has already said that she was treated "very well" by her captors and that even though they threatened to kill her, they never hit her or threatened to hit her.

Call me a cynic, but she's going to be another liberal, anti-war posterchild and mouth piece.

Mike Durant said he was treated well by the people who held him.

We'll see.

With us being there for another couple of years (at least) I do not think this will be the last. Jill Carrol will be forgotton about in a few days anyway (thankfully so).

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:41:27 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

If you keep getting stung by bees every time you walk through your wife's flower garden, are you gonna keep walking through the flower garden?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:50:06 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

IMHO it was a scam.

+ infinity!  At least I'm not the only one who is thinking this...

Considering that everyone else that has been held captive so far was at least tortured and beaten and the women captives raped, but they did nothing to her, it just doesn't add up.  

That and if you watch her on the news, she's not shaky, she's actually very animated.  Most freed captives are solemn and they have this look in their eyes like they just cheated death (which was usually the case), but she doesn't have that look.

The puzzle's missing quite a few pieces.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:52:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you keep getting stung by bees every time you walk through your wife's flower garden, are you gonna keep walking through the flower garden?

Leave zit alone, He's a (normally) a good guy , I think he's just smitten by Jill in that smokin' Hijjab get-up. "hey baby, whatcha wearin under that burkha ?"
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 4:54:37 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Quoted:

no question .  she already said she wasn't moved.  dead giveaway and big mistake.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:02:05 AM EDT
[#34]
She's such a damned wierdo.  I can't even look at her she's so strange.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:02:53 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leave zit alone,IT IS ZITI, not ZIT!!!He's a (normally) a good guy , I think he's just smitten by Jill in that smokin' Hijjab get-up. "hey baby, whatcha wearin under that burkha ?"

I am a good guy.

I think the whole thing is fishey, I posted that in the 1st thread about her ( IIRC, I was the 1st to do so). But I would rather wait and see before we call for her to be drawn and quarterd.

I dont think she is hot...If she was 100 lbs, tight bodied and BLONDE...then I would feel funny for her. (like my wife, size 0 and fit! ).

I dont buy the whole thing.

Just bringing stuff up that other people have chosen to forget.

Looking forward to hear what Rush and Hannity has to say on this today.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:05:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Only because her cunning plan didn't work.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:08:29 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Why would they kill an ally?

+1

After seeing the terrorists repeatedly push the deadline back, I knew they were not going to kill her...

Something doesn't add up.

Quoted:

I also believe this will happen...

We could be wrong though...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:09:36 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Yay!

What do you mean by continue reporting?  As far as I know, she's been pretty impartial in her writings so far.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Considering that everyone else that has been held captive so far was at least tortured and beaten and the women captives raped, but they did nothing to her, it just doesn't add up.  

Everyone else?  Do you have proof of this?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:14:11 AM EDT
[#40]
They wore her out already?  Maybe not all the Jihadis are fags after all.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:15:23 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Everyone else?  Do you have proof of this?

No he doesn't.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:22:11 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yay!

What do you mean by continue reporting?  As far as I know, she's been pretty impartial in her writings so far.

Sure, if your a muslim or muslim symp, her writing are quite impartial....

And again, as far as I am concerned her list of "friends" leaves a lot to be desired...they all spoke glowingly on how she was on their side, how she was there to show how evil the "occupation" is. If she is ontheir side, she isn't on ours....

Fuck her, she's a traitor in my book, as bad as Hanoi Jane....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:24:26 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
she's a traitor in my book, as bad as Hanoi Jane....

And there ya go....

I don't wish her dead or worse...but if she's still wearing that headdress and chatting up how nice her captors were without mentioning the fact that her driver was killed in front of her, she's on their side.

That's how I see it.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:49:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Leave zit alone,IT IS ZITI, not ZIT!!!He's a (normally) a good guy , I think he's just smitten by Jill in that smokin' Hijjab get-up. "hey baby, whatcha wearin under that burkha ?"

Sorry Ziti ,

It wasn't intentional.

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:51:03 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

IMHO it was a scam.

You're not the first to think that...

FWIW I'm glad she has been freed. Now it'll be like winning the Lotto twice over... She wasn't beheaded, and I'm sure she's got her tell-all book already written and formatted in her head...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 5:54:53 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm waiting to see what she will say, but does anyone want to bet me $20 she
will be bashing our country's policy and the president.

Just watched a small interview and she seems like she is already saying that they were very nice.
My belief she chose to stay there.

Fuck Her

flame away
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Something about her choice of clothing for her interview.....

Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:04:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

www.foxnews.com/images/198023/2_22_carroll_jill_033006.jpg

Rachel Corry wore that crap all the time too.....
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:13:52 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

www.foxnews.com/images/198023/2_22_carroll_jill_033006.jpg

That is the BEST picture of her... she's not that hot.

On a more abstract note, I'm sooooo tired of the idiotic Michigan media tripping all over themselves to find a "Michigan connection" to ANYTHING happening in the world. Murderer somewhere else in the country that drove through Michigan on vacation once when he was a kid? Guaran-frickin-teed they'll have a microphone in front of the guy at the bait store in the boonies talking about how nice the kid was or how they thought he was a little different...
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 6:32:48 AM EDT
[#50]
ok, I just IM'd back and forth with her boss.

I mentioned the "traitor" sentiment that I read here.

His quote:

"she hates these fuckers"

also, WRT to her statement from this morning:

"She said they ddin't harm her. Tha's all she's said so far -- she also was speaking, i might add, before she was in US custody."

"She was in the Iraqi Islamic Party offices in one of the worst parts of baghdad"

"they taped that TV thing before they called the Americans"

"she didn't even know if adnan our driver had survived (he had) until an hour ago."

"Told her mom " I never ever ever want to go  back to Iraq.'"

I have an "advance copy" of the CS Monitor article, but it's embargoed. There's nothing new in it anyway.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top