Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/16/2004 3:28:56 AM EDT
BIG News over here this morning… it's expected that the British Black Watch regiment (equiavelnt of one of your Armored Cavalry Regiments) will to deploy to Baghdad or the area just south to allow the  US to deploy extra troops for a major assault on Fallujah…

Gotta say it… when the SHTF Britain is always there to lend a hand to it's best friend.

By the way… Fuck FRANCE! and GERMANY!… why are those bunch of spineless turds not helping out instead of sitting on the sidelines playing Monday Morning Quaterback?

ANdy

UK May Send Troops to Baghdad - Reports

Sat Oct 16, 2004 04:07 AM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - British troops could be moved to Baghdad to cover for U.S. soldiers battling insurgents in the rebel-held city of Falluja and elsewhere in Iraq, British media reported on Saturday.

The deployment to the Iraqi capital would be the first time British troops have operated outside the relatively quiet Basra area of southern Iraq.

Up to 650 troops would be involved in the move, which would be meant to last for just a few weeks, the BBC said.

A Ministry of Defense spokesman in London said no decision had been made.

The Times newspaper said officers from Britain's Black Watch regiment, currently serving in Basra, had told their troops about a possible move to Baghdad.

Nicholas Soames, defense spokesman for the opposition Conservative Party, demanded more clarity from the Ministry of Defense on the role of British troops in Iraq.

If British soldiers did more in Iraq they should take a bigger role in planning operations and there must be careful coordination with U.S. forces, he said.

"The rules of engagement would have to be very clear because they may well be different to that which the regiment will have used in Basra," he told BBC radio.

www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=6518745

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Good for the US! Good for the Brits! Bad for the terrorists!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:49:42 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

+1.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 3:50:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Tell your countrymen that we here say THANK YOU!  Sorry about that little dust-up in 1776.

Seriously, we really appreciate this.  In fact, I think we should all reconsider our vacation plans in the future - no more France and Germany.  We need to buy products from the countries that support us, and give them some of our tourist dollars.

The wife and I want to go to England, Poland, Czech Republic, and Italy sometime soon.  We'll give the big old Greywolf Salute to Spain, France, and Germany as we fly over them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:02:38 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sorry about that little dust-up in 1776.

It was just a 'Family Spat" …… best of friends now…
BTW I suppose we should say sorry for burning down the White House in 1812…

The Black Watch Regiment… one of the British Armies Best!

The Black Watch on parade

A Black Watch Vehicle Checkpoint

A Black Watch Sniper Team covering a VCP with their AW .338 rifle

Andy
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:04:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
<snip>

Gotta say it… when the SHTF Britain is always there to lend a hand to it's best friend.

<snip>

ANdy

STeve
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:09:13 AM EDT
[#6]
One of my Grandfather's Regiments
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:39:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Here's what I know about the Brit military... When on shore leave, NEVER go into a bar filled with British sailors and RM's, climb on to a chair and yell at the top of your lungs "Fuck your bloody, bloomin' Queen" A brawl will follow and you will get your ass kicked.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:46:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
By the way… Fuck FRANCE! and GERMANY!… why are those bunch of spineless turds not helping out instead of sitting on the sidelines playing Monday Morning Quaterback?

ANdy

Because we are cutting them out of the reconstruction money, giving our companies no bid contracts. Second, because they don't like the fact that we snubbed their opinion and went to war without their approval. Kinda wishful thinking they would help us now.

Thank God for the Brits though.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:00:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

Because we are cutting them out of the reconstruction money, giving our companies no bid contracts. Second, because they don't like the fact that we snubbed their opinion and went to war without their approval. Kinda wishful thinking they would help us now.

Ditto, and besides, I don't think a coach would really trust a kid out on the field after they said "I refuse to play in this game" (unless the coach was Kerry).
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:15:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks to the U.K. You do have the greatest names for your Regiments. Screw France and Germany. But do not screw with the U.S. and the U.K.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:16:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:22:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

You skipped past the true reason--they were in up to their eyebrows with corrupt deals involving the "Oil for Food" program--taking HUGE payoffs to vote against any war (U.N. Security Council)--ANY war, for any reason.  The French sold the rockets to Saddam Hussein which "killed" the only Abrams tank we lost from enemy fire--in violation of international law.  Fuck the French and Germans FOREVER!!  

Edit:  Almost forgot in my rage--God bless the Brits!!  

+1000
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:31:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Fuckin-A, bubba. The Brits are the only ally we have that always stands by us, without requiring a bribe of some sort, or worrying about what's in it for them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:42:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Greywolf:

We'll give the big old Greywolf Salute to Spain, France, and Germany

I thought that the Crappers on planes stopped dumping into the air a few years back--now they  just put the waste material into a tank??

AFARR
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Pardon my ignorance vitto, but isn't the 42nd Black Watch a Scottish Regiment?
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:24:08 AM EDT
[#16]
The Brit gov still took away everyone's guns.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:30:21 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Greywolf:

We'll give the big old Greywolf Salute to Spain, France, and Germany

I thought that the Crappers on planes stopped dumping into the air a few years back--now they  just put the waste material into a tank??

AFARR

ROFL - nah, the Greywolf Salute is my middle finger
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:52:06 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

You skipped past the true reason--they were in up to their eyebrows with corrupt deals involving the "Oil for Food" program--taking HUGE payoffs to vote against any war (U.N. Security Council)--ANY war, for any reason.  The French sold the rockets to Saddam Hussein which "killed" the only Abrams tank we lost from enemy fire--in violation of international law.  Fuck the French and Germans FOREVER!!  

Edit:  Almost forgot in my rage--God bless the Brits!!  

+1000

I was hoping someone would chime in with the UN Food for Oil scam..........now I can put my keyboard back on safe.

Thank you England!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Let's hear it for Tony Blair, he is constantly getting sh$t from the other parties in England and he still stands by us.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Britain is our friend....France and Germany are the friends of whoever pays them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:59:50 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Pardon my ignorance vitto, but isn't the 42nd Black Watch a Scottish Regiment?

Scottish Regiment… British Army. However you don't have to be Scottish to serve in a Scottish Rgiment, …you can be English, Scots, Welsh or Irish, as long as you don't mind wearing a Kilt.

Andy
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:02:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Yes, the British are our best allies ever.  They don't seem to forget what we did for them when the chips were down in the last century, unlike certain other countries.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:05:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.

+2
Wasn't  the Black Watch known as the ladies from hell during WWII because of thier kilts and take no prisoners mode of combat?  Seems like I heard that long, long ago, but don't know if it's true........

ETA: typo correction
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:05:41 AM EDT
[#24]
It's good to know who our real freinds are.

I know John Major has been under extreme political assault for sticking with us.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Wasnt these guys the ones that did a fixed bayo charge on some insurgents a while ago? The black watch are some bad mofo's.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ANdy

Their opinion doesn't mean SQUAT, especially since they broke UN sanctions with Saddam's regime and are DIRECTLY implicated in the OIL-for-food scandal.

FUCK FRANCE!  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:09:42 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

That rumor is muchly exagerated… all the handguns and centrefire semi-auto rifles… they're gone, yes, …but we still have everything else.  My current stock is an AR15A2 converted to .22 and a .357 Marlin 1894c

My AR…

And another Brit on this sites AR…
img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-10/844512/jsw_.22ar_012.jpg

Andy
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:12:19 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Britain is our friend....France and Germany are the friends of whoever pays them.

You're not trying to suggest the France and Germany are a matched pair of whores are you?  Surely not -- say it isn't so.  I'm shocked, shocked -- shocked I tell you..........  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:14:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
BTW I suppose we should say sorry for burning down the White House in 1812…
Andy

No apology necessary - we had it WAY over-insured!!

And thank you to our Brit brothers from me too.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Here's what I know about the Brit military... When on shore leave, NEVER go into a bar filled with British sailors and RM's, climb on to a chair and yell at the top of your lungs "Fuck your bloody, bloomin' Queen" A brawl will follow and you will get your ass kicked.

In case you haven't been watching the the news for the past 400 years, the Limeys aren't afraid to hand out a good throttling on occasion!

God Save the Queen.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:31:42 AM EDT
[#31]
I hope they keep up the tradition with a canon shot at noon but making it a real fire mission every day. These guy are real badass troops I am glad I am not down renge fron their tubes.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:37:51 AM EDT
[#32]
A comment from a Senior British Army Officer on this deployment…

"It's a matter of being a good ally," a senior British officer said.

"What's the point having large numbers of British troops in the south where it's once again quiet when the Americans are doing all the really hard work elsewhere?"

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:39:53 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
That rumor is muchly exagerated… all the handguns and centrefire semi-auto rifles… they're gone, yes, …but we still have everything else.  My current stock is an AR15A2 converted to .22 and a .357 Marlin 1894c

...at least as long as Blair doesn't enact a new ban. Didn't he want to ban
starter pistols?  
Face it, gun ownership in Britain is not a right, but a privilege- like every
other civil right. And self defense in the sense of effective, armed self
defense is banned too. I really like the advice British police gives in face
of a violent crime: "Be a good witness and if you are attacked roll up and
protect your head".... Due to the offensive weapons bill, you can't carry
pepper spray, a pocketknife or even a heavy keyring for defense- and
despite of this, violent crime and especially armed crime goes up!

Britain has brave soldiers, but why anyone would want to defend a country
which treats its citizens as subjects and doesn't allow him to defend his
loved ones, is beyond me.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:43:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Regimental Website

God Save the Queen!!!

Crank up the bagpipes!

<and could you send the Ghurkas back in as well? >
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...at least as long as Blair doesn't enact a new ban. Didn't he want to ban
starter pistols?  
Face it, gun ownership in Britain is not a right, but a privilege- like every
other civil right. And self defense in the sense of effective, armed self
defense is banned too. I really like the adivce British police gives in face
of a violent crime: "Be a good witness and if you are attacked roll up and
protect your head".... You can't carry pepper spray, a pocketknife
or even a heavy keyring for defense! Britain has brave soldiers, but anyone
would want to defend a country which doesn't allow him to defend his
loved ones, is beyond me.

Pffft! My Wife belted a local nimrod round the mouth with a pickaxe handle  when he threw a brick through our window some years ago… Police levelled no charges, didn't even caution her.

I always carry a knife and pass through Police security checkpoints as part of my job every day without problem… it's perfectly legal to do so as long as the balde is under 3.5"

Andy
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:53:31 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
It's good to know who our real freinds are.

I know John Major has been under extreme political assault for sticking with us.

I don't think John Major is under any great pressure on this issue, or on any other, after all, he did lose to Tony Blair, who is now present prime minister, and left No. 10 Downing Street in 1997....
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Point taken. Now, would you rather have them or the French/German/Spanish axis of weasels as allies?...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#38]
To be honest, German special forces are one of your most reliable allies
when in comes to Afghanistan. They just doubted the material presented
on Iraqi WMD and the Iraq - Al Quaida connection and foresaw that Iraq
would be a huuuge mess- and chose not to be part of it. Nothing wrong
with that IMHO. It is just Schröder's badmouthing of the USA that disturbs me.
The situation in France is a little different as they undermined every US effort
since Vietnam and had strong relations with Saddam.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Amen, brother, and don't think it's not appreciated!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Let's hear it for Tony Blair, he is constantly getting sh$t from the other parties in England and he still stands by us.

www.burtandkurt.com/Tony%20Blair%20in%20Iraq.jpg

Indeed. I always considered him just another spineless liberal, but after 9/11, I must admit that I've been very pleasantly surprised by his determination to do what is right in spite whst the Leftists in England say about him.

I may not agree with his domestic politics, but he's got a spine, and that makes him worthy of my respect.

Very happy to have changed my opinion...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:34:26 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Fuckin-A, bubba. The Brits are the only ally we have that always stands by us, without requiring a bribe of some sort, or worrying about what's in it for them.

Don't forget the Aussies.  They are the only country that deployed combat troops with us in WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War I, Somalia,  Iraq and the GWOT.

In WWI and WWII it might be more fair to say that we deployed with them, rather than the other way around, but regardless, they've always stood up and deployed troops.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

www.burtandkurt.com/Tony%20Blair%20in%20Iraq.jpg

You DA Man Tony

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#43]
I gotta say, they look a lot meaner deployed than they do in their dress uniforms .

God Bless England and all who live there. Us English speakers must stick together.

Bomber
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

BUT JOHN KERRY SAYS THEY ARE NOT WORTHY TO BE CONSIDERED REAL ALLIES…

Thank God for the British and our other true friends.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#45]
God Bless Great Britain

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:19:15 AM EDT
[#46]

I was hoping someone would chime in with the UN Food for Oil scam..........now I can put my keyboard back on safe.

Thank you England!!!!!!!!!!

There's more to Britain than just England you know
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#47]
I hate to say it Andy but SCREW YOU! don't give us those pussy Blackwatch "thin red line" fools! Ya know what we need????  THE HIGHLANDER KAMAKAZE BRIGADE!!! If it's one thing Iraq needs it's bagpipers throwing themselves off the highest towers in their Holy Sites! that'll show'em. As one master sargent, Angus MacPlop  said, "God Save the QuAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"  splat
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I hate to say it Andy but SCREW YOU! don't give us those pussy Blackwatch "thin red line" fools! Ya know what we need????  THE HIGHLANDER KAMAKAZE BRIGADE!!! If it's one thing Iraq needs it's bagpipers throwing themselves off the highest towers in their Holy Sites! that'll show'em. As one master sargent, Angus MacPlop  said, "God Save the QuAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"  splat

Dipshit
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Dipshit!???? Moi??! NO MONSEUR!! I guess you don't get it. it's a joke! I thought you Brits would be familiar with you know, MONTY PYTHON?? I guess Not?? It was a sketch! Get it???
Here is some of the script I found on google:

Voice Over: (Scottish accent) Here on top of Edinburgh Castle, in conditions of extreme secrecy, men are being trained for the British Army's first Kamikaze Regiment, the Queen's Own McKamikaze Highlanders. (there is a scream and a piper jumps off, another one emerges and starts to play) So successful has been the training of the Kamikaze Regiment that the numbers have dwindled from 30,000 to just over a dozen in three weeks. What makes these young Scotsmen so keen to kill themselves?

(Close ups of soldiers.)

Scots Soldier: The money's good!

Second Soldier: And the water skiing! (he falls down with a scream)

(Cut to interior of the guardroom in Edinburgh Castle. As before, but with only six men left plus the sergeant major. Bagpipes and a scream. The sergeant major dispatches another man. A captain enters. Bagpipes again.)

RSM: Ten-shun,

Captain: All right, sergeant major. At ease. Now, how many chaps have you got left,?

RSM: Six, sir,

Captain: Six? (there is a scream)

RSM: Five, sir.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:07:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Or BlackAdder...

"Well, actually.. most of the men think you're a pratt."

"Really?"

"Yes. Ask them who they would rather meet; Lord Flashart, flying ace, or the man who cleans out the public lavatories in Aberdeen, and they'll go for wee Jock Poo-pong MacPlop every time.."

NTM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top