Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2003 3:35:33 PM EDT
Jackos plane has landed at an airport in Goleta, Ca.

The news is saying he is surrendering.

KCBS2, L.A
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
He was using a aircraft that didn't have the range to fly from Las Vegas Nevada to the Mexican border?

Or are they trying to keep the aircraft from going to pick Jacko UP?
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Goleta is near Santa Barbara, sounds like he's about to face the man in person.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 3:56:21 PM EDT
[#3]
When will you guys learn, he has way to much money to go to prison. He will never see a day in jail.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#4]
You believe this shit? It's a huge event in the US, it seems the entire news media ran out of things to do, who gives a crap?  There are more important things the public should know.  Once and for all it's demonstarted the news media has agenda of its own, and it's not in the public's best interest, also that the average folk is ignorant, enough to convince the news people that reporting such garbage and non-issue sells and is profitable.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
His posessions are heavily mortgaged and his properties require expensive maintenance.  Unless his lawyers are willing to trade their fees for movie/book rights, he's done for.

Can we start a betting pool on how Jacko's going to die?

- hang self in jail cell
- OD on pain killer
- beaten to death by cell mates
- unremitted anal bleeding
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#6]
The plane has closed the door and is taxiing:

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Its leaving? They are letting it leave? That don't make sense.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:11:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow! This is about as exciting as a white Bronco chase I saw on TV about 9 or 10 years ago
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe his lawyers will trade service for some of his crappy music CDs and DVDs
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:20:38 PM EDT
[#10]
MJ can sell his prized catalog of Beatles tunes to pay for lawyer services.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:22:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice Gulfstream.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:24:57 PM EDT
[#12]
He'll make a purdy woman in the big house.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Hey! Have you guys heard?

We're fighting a global war, with the current theater being in Iraq!

Just in case we'd forgotten...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
His posessions are heavily mortgaged and his properties require expensive maintenance.  Unless his lawyers are willing to trade their fees for movie/book rights, he's done for.

Can we start a betting pool on how Jacko's going to die?

- hang self in jail cell
- OD on pain killer
- beaten to death by cell mates
- unremitted anal bleeding

Hey, that's what i just got finished saying.

Feakshow will never do a day in jail.  If he's convicted and sentenced, he'll kill himself.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:36:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Hey! Have you guys heard?

We're fighting a global war, with the current theater being in Iraq!

Just in case we'd forgotten...

"Lighten up Francis."

Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:36:49 PM EDT
[#16]
I was expecting to read that they caught him trying to leave the country. That guy needs to be locked up for good.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 4:47:37 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
When will you guys learn, he has way to much money to go to prison. He will never see a day in jail.

You kidding?  Michael Jackson's on the verge of bankruptcy.  He may have to depend on the charity of his friends like Liz Taylor if he wants to stay out of jail and have a flamboyant lawyer.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Wow! This is about as exciting as a white Bronco chase I saw on TV about 9 or 10 years ago

Lets just hope they get the glove part right this time.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:10:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I don't think you know what you're talking about.
Jackson is worth at least a billion.

On a side note , this is another thread where some members here have convicted a person with no trial.
No matter who or what someone is or has done they deserve a trial.
You guys seem to rejoice in mob rule, remember it can happen to you too so be careful how you applaud the govt. actions here.

One last thing, if he's guilty of sexually assaulting any kids i hope they cut his nuts off with a dull knife!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:13:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

rgr that
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I hear that.

This case seems to have a lot of parallels to the Kobe Bryant case in that it is nothing more than a he said/she said (or he said/12 year old said).  There are really only two people in the world who know what *really* happened and only one of them is telling the truth.  It will be up to a jury to decide based on a bunch of "evidence" presented to them, most of which will be aimed more at confusing them than anything else.  And Jacko has great lawyers, ones that are very well paid and very good at swaying public (and jury) opinion.

I fear that the big loser here is going to be the 12 year old child and his family.  He will be chewed up mercilessly by Jacko's lawyers and the family will be savaged by the media pressure for everything from candid photos to interviews.

In the end, Jacko will skate, just like OJ.

-Gator
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Well I don't know one way or the other, I do know this: I don't wanna hear it on the news, see it on CNN.  Nor do I wanna hear more about Koby.  I want to know how the economy is doing, how our security is improved, how the war on terror is going.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#23]
They need to charge the kids parents with reckless endangerment or something. No good parent would let their kid around a guy that has a history like he does. Unless they were planning on trying to extort some money from him.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:32:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
"Lighten up Francis."

OY! I'M JUST SO SICK OF IT ALREADY!

SOMEBODY SHOOT THE PERVERT AND SAVE US THE AGONY OF THE TRIAL!

I can just imagine Johnny Cochrane coming in and saying, "If they can't ID his dick, you must acquit, yo!"
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
They need to charge the kids parents with reckless endangerment or something. No good parent would let their kid around a guy that has a history like he does.

Regrettably, abject stupidity is not a capital offense in this country.

I hear the producers at Jerry Springer are warming up for the festivities, and that Lance Ito is in the bullpen for a repeat of the OJ "Let's show America what a racist shithole it is" spectacle of 1995.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Word is that his PI from the settlement 10 years ago, just went to prison in the last couple of days.

Word is that the PI was looking at 30+years

Word is that the PI is going up for less than 3 years.

Me wonders if the PI cut a deal........
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
On a side note , this is another thread where some members here have convicted a person with no trial.
No matter who or what someone is or has done they deserve a trial.
You guys seem to rejoice in mob rule, remember it can happen to you too so be careful how you applaud the govt. actions here.

You know, one of the glaring oversights in the ArfCom COC is the omission of any means for members to convict anyone of anything. The members also seem to be unable to assemble for any sort of mob action, even when I really need my house painted. However, it is possible for somebody to get on here and denounce MERE FUCKING CONVERSATION as conviction without trial and mob rule.

Guess what! No matter what people on ArfCom say, Jackson will get a trial unless he pleads guilty, flees the country, gets the charges dismissed, or dies.

Guess what else! The presumption of innocence is a legal presumption that governs the analyses of  triers of fact in criminal cases. I will give you some secret, inside information: [whisper] there is no legal or Constitutional entitlement to a presumption of innocence during conversations among fellow-citizens who are not seated as jurors[/whisper].

There is nothing wrong with people discussing their conclusions based on available information. There's nothing wrong with sanctimonious mewling, either, but it's more annoying.
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:08:34 PM EDT
[#28]
So after CH2 caused all this chaos what happened? I see nothing on the wires that any sort of surrender took place...
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:10:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Gulfstream!
Link Posted: 11/19/2003 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
They need to charge the kids parents with reckless endangerment or something. No good parent would let their kid around a guy that has a history like he does. Unless they were planning on trying to extort some money from him.

I heard only a bit of it, but didn't a lady call Rush today bitchin' about him saying pretty much the same thing?  

She'd been out to whacko's house with her kid...  blah, blah, blah,

Rush backed off?....

Link Posted: 11/20/2003 12:46:19 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Really, tell that to the Max Factor heir, the guy who escaped and was captured by a bounty hunter in Mexico, he got something like 300 years.

Orignally Posted By thedave1164:

Word is that his PI from the settlement 10 years ago, just went to prison in the last couple of days.

Word is that the PI was looking at 30+years

Word is that the PI is going up for less than 3 years.

Me wonders if the PI cut a deal........

Umm, I hate to tell you but that seems about average, being sentenced to 10% of the max on a criminal charge, esp if he has no signifigant prior convictions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top