Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 12/31/2006 5:29:36 AM EST
Well, I finally went out and bought my first AR yesterday. It's a DPMS, w/ a flat top upper, and 16" bbl. I can't wait to take it out and shoot it!!! I think my wife is happy that I didn't bring it to bed and cuddle it last night.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 5:39:08 AM EST

Originally Posted By band-aid-master:
Well, I finally went out and bought my first AR yesterday. It's a DPMS, w/ a flat top upper, and 16" bbl. I can't wait to take it out and shoot it!!! I think my wife is happy that I didn't bring it to bed and cuddle it last night.

What the hell are you thinking..??!! You brought home a new AR and the FIRST night it had to sleep by itself..? You are not worthy of such a weapon. Send it to me immediately.

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 5:44:13 AM EST
And what's with the lack of pics? You aren't starting out very well... This might be a prime case of Black Rifle Abuse.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 5:48:52 AM EST
Did you at least kiss it goodnight and tuck it in somewhere safe, or did you just leave it in the box in a closet?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 5:51:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By Zaphod:
Did you at least kiss it goodnight and tuck it in somewhere safe, or did you just leave it in the box in a closet?

Gosh. I had no idea that this would be such a big responsibility.

I did nuzzle it lovingly before I put it in it's case for the night. It also
spent the night right next to my bed. Does that count for anything?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:23:25 PM EST

ummmm Nope

now get me a beer
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:47:47 PM EST

You put it in a case. Overnight!!! What are you trying to do smother it? Put a magazine in it, and put it next to the bed. Don't you think it might get hungry in the middle of the night?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:56:49 PM EST
It isn't complete BRD until you have to move your clothes out of the closet to make room for ammo cans

Either way you are on your way. I hope the wife will understand.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:59:08 PM EST
prop it up against the bed. And remember to use protection.

<­BR>

­

<­BR>

with your wife..
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:12:23 PM EST
Hopefully someday I will be able to join the elite ranks of EBR owners. I think I may need to give up food or internet to afford one.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 1:23:31 PM EST
We the jury find the defendant GUILTY, on one count of neglect of an EBR, in the second degree.

I now sentence you to POST PICS. Failure to comply will result in seizure of the rifle and it will be placed in foster care.

For what its worth, I bought my first one last september, and just bought my fourth yesterday.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 2:03:47 PM EST
Happy new year, take your new baby out tomorrow and play with her
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:01:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/2/2007 4:29:28 AM EST by band-aid-master]
Ordered my first case of ammo from CTD. Should be here soon. Then the fun will ensue. I think BRD has taken hold of me fully. I just bought the first one (well, besides the AK) and I am already looking through the Shotgun news to find parts to build a new one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:09:09 AM EST

Ordered my first case of ammoo from CTD. Should be here soon. Then the fun will ensue. I think BRD has taken hold of me fully. I just bought the first one (well, besides the AK) and I am already looking through the Shotgun news to find parts to build a new one.
Sure sign.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:30:13 AM EST
Sorry no pics yet. I'm not quite sure how to post them here.
Top Top