Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/25/2002 5:38:50 AM EDT
When Goatboy & I spoke the other night I thought I might have time to post a farewell explanation in the BRC forum ref it’s being removed before it happened but we really didn’t make any firm decision upon that.

What we did decide was that since the event was the idea of Castle & we acted as organizer, we should view the event more as an industry event and NOT an AR15.COM one. From the inception of BRC we meant to include all variations of military style firearms, not only ARs, hence the name of the event & it’s separate website. Castle bore the entire loss for the event in 2002 & learned from it. Like the LEGP, we paid a per person fee to the owners of AR15.COM for every registered attendee. We did this since we were given a forum to use for promotion within AR15.COM. We did a lot of other promotion at gun shows, other firearms boards, magazine & radio ads as well as manufacture’s including flyers with shipments.

I realize some staff has criticized the event for having a profit motive & are hung up about anything being a business but in fact we lost money as a company & I did personally. Goatboy was upset that any references to AR15.COM were taken off the new BRC site (which is new & constantly being updated) & when we spoke I did forgot we were instructed by staff to NOT use AR15.COM in the future.

The BRC will continue as a convention & I’ll post update topics within the Meetings & Events forums where it belongs. We appreciate the support & interest for the BRC by AR15.COM members who own many Black Rifles.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:00:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Already paid up and a room at the Ice House with Fran. I mean at Steven & Fran's Ice House [smoke]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 6:19:52 AM EDT
[#2]
i'll be back. you guys put on a nice show and i appreciate all you have done for shooting sports.

now...if you could do something about the dang temperature!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the support Bob
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:03:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I enjoyed my time at the last BRC, as much as anything I've done recently, so I'll be there.

Besides which, we still have a welcome sign  at 'Steve and Fran's' Ice House, and I think I still owe [b]BeauBeaux[/b] a drink, or he owes me one, I forget!

But, I encourage everyone to also come down South to Texas for the AR15.com shoot whenever and wherever it will be located.

You know that in Texas, if you have a weapon and you're here for more then 15 minutes, you [u]will[/u] be inducted into the Texas State Militia!

[b]Texas citizenship follows immediately![/b]

And once you're a Texan, your simple return to your home state will NOT invalidate your Texas identity.

Just ask [b]1'TEXAS'GUNRUNNER[/b] and others, if you don't believe me!

Eric The(HonestToGod)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#5]
We recieved honorary citizenship from attending previous shoots in TX

Not sure how well it worked in Austin & San Antonio earlier this week but the BBQ sure was tastee....ummmm
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 8:37:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Even back to PRK?  [:O]
View Quote

It's a tad more difficult to believe, but it is true.

Why, I, myself, lived in Riverside, when I was a mere lad, and not once did I doubt my Texas citizenship would be recognized when I returned!

Course, that was in [u]1962[/u] California, a State in which the great Ronald Reagan was to be worshipped in a few scant years.

Eric The(Old,ReallyOld)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Fran is looking forward to renewing her friendships.

Link Posted: 10/25/2002 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I can't wait to bed down at night in the lodge! [:D]

Plans are finalized for the wife and I to attend the BRC.  It was part of her interview for her new job in FL.  She said she would only take the job if she could have two weeks off in June for a firearms convention. [:D]

medcop
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm going to try to make BOTH events. I know I can make one or the other, but plan to TRY to make it to both. Keeping them months apart will help a lot!

ETH - if I spent a lot of time in my youth in south Tejas, much of which was spent shooting my grandpappy's .22, do I qualify for citizenship? Does a family link (grand parents, dad, countless cousins and uncles, one aunt) help?  Does killing at least one yote in the last 30 years have any effect on my status?

Texan at heart, Floridian by birth, northeasterner by circumstance.....
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#11]
It is nice to see everything is working out and people are going to support both endeavors.

My question is when is someone going to sponsor a shoot in the northeast, we read about all the events out west and down south but travel and time can be prohibitive to some.

Maybe now that Hiram Ranger found a shop in N.Y. as a supporter of ARF???We can only hope!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#12]
[b]Quoted:
We did a lot of other promotion at gun shows, other firearms boards, magazine & radio ads as well as manufacture’s including flyers with shipments.[/b]

I heard about the 1st BRC at a gunshow. I called up Tim and he gave me the low-down on the event, and I signed up. I had never even heard of AR-15.Com at that point. I went to BRC and met alot of you board members, had a great time. It took awhile for me to join AR-15.Com, mainly because I don't really like computers. Anyway, I'm glad I went to BRC, glad I joined AR-15.Com, & looking forward to BRC II.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My question is when is someone going to sponsor a shoot in the northeast, we read about all the events out west and down south but travel and time can be prohibitive to some.
View Quote

Have you heard about Campybob's Bulletfest? Its in NE Ohio.
Link Posted: 10/25/2002 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll be there, along with a handfull of Locals who have been recently convinced of the need to exercise their second ammendment rights. And my pledge to direct the med/security efforts stands.
If it is anything like BRC 1, we will all be sore from grinning by the time we get home!!

[:d]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top