Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/13/2006 5:53:20 PM EST
By Julia Bishop
Posted: Thursday, April 6, 2006 4:48 PM PDT www.nogalesinternational.com/articles/2006/04/06/news/news3.txt

Shots were fired at U.S. Border Patrol agents as they were picking up bundles of marijuana near the international border Friday evening.

Border Patrol cameras detected people illegally entering the United States about two miles east of the Dennis DeConcini Port, said Lu Maheda, BP public information officer.

Picked up on cameras

"We immediately sent agents out to respond to the area," he said. When agents reached the location, they saw people carrying bundles, which they dropped and then fled into Mexico.

"Our agents then began to pick up the bundles and that's when they heard shots being fired at them. There were multiple amount of shots coming from Mexico toward our agents, who recovered the drugs and then took cover," Maheda said.

The agents radioed for backup and the dispatcher called the Mexican law enforcement dispatcher for assistance. Meheda said the United States has good relations with Mexican law enforcement and that Mexican authorities responded promptly.

There were no injuries and 141 pounds of marijuana were recovered. The shooting incident was turned over to the Federal Bureau of Investigations and Immigration and Customs Enforcement for investigation.

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:56:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:58:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By kpel308:

Originally Posted By copenhagen:
By Julia Bishop
Posted: Thursday, April 6, 2006 4:48 PM PDT www.nogalesinternational.com/articles/2006/04/06/news/news3.txt

>snip<
Meheda said the United States has good relations with Mexican law enforcement and that Mexican authorities responded promptly.

Sure they were! They were probably the ones doing the shooting!

Did the mexicans catch the bad guys or just make them "go away"?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:58:51 PM EST

Originally Posted By kpel308:

Originally Posted By copenhagen:
By Julia Bishop

>snip<
Meheda said the United States has good relations with Mexican law enforcement and that Mexican authorities responded promptly.

Sure they were! They were probably the ones doing the shooting!

Hey now, those poor smugglers were only doing the jobs that lazy people in this country won't do.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:04:59 PM EST
Send those goods up here. I know of about a dozen others who would happily help me compensate them for their troubles.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:06:17 PM EST
Are we smoking the weed the mexicans won't?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:06:34 PM EST
Whatever Border Patrol FIELD agents are paid it is not enough. I heard last nite that they are number one on list of being assaulted of all federal agencies. The drug cartels play for keeps.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:08:49 PM EST

141 pounds of mexican grouper dirt weed

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:09:25 PM EST
So, let's see. . . . BP agents are periodically ordered to quit arresting illegals, when they do arrest them, the BGs are immediately released at their original destination (i.e., in the US), they are obviously under orders to keep quiet about Mexican military incurcions and occasionally finding prayer rugs and buggered goats in the desert. IOW, they aren't allowed to do their jobs, they aren't allowed to publicize the fact that they aren't allowed to do their jobs, and they get shot at.

God bless them, but why would anybody want that job?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:12:20 PM EST

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:
So, let's see. . . . BP agents are periodically ordered to quit arresting illegals, when they do arrest them, the BGs are immediately released at their original destination (i.e., in the US), they are obviously under orders to keep quiet about Mexican military incurcions and occasionally finding prayer rugs and buggered goats in the desert. IOW, they aren't allowed to do their jobs, they aren't allowed to publicize the fact that they aren't allowed to do their jobs, and they get shot at.

God bless them, but why would anybody want that job?

THAT is a good question. I heard that there was mass resignations when the Sky Marshal program went into effect. They lost whole sections in some areas.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:17:46 PM EST
Maybe THAT is how they are doing it ! They bring the weed over here so the gringos will smoke it and be to lazy to work and now the US people need them to do the work the dope smokers will not do! Sounds like a good idea (for them) ! Hmmmm

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:19:00 PM EST
It astounds me that the #1 thing Mexicans import into this country is drugs and politicians turn a blind eye to it and want to coddle these bastards. Just blows me away how our elected leaders can be such a bunch of fuckups.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:21:44 PM EST
this might help 'even' the odds a bit...

Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:35:51 PM EST
All these mexicans are over there shooting at the BP agents when suddenly the mexican leader starts shouting "Cease fire, cease fire !!!! The chief is calling me on my radio and I can't hear him for all the noise !!" [ in spanish of course ]. "Well shit, the chief say we gotta quit shooting at the gringoes and go back to the police station and eat some donuts."

rj
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 7:47:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/13/2006 7:48:01 PM EST by Doucheatron3000]
It was dark and my sights were off. If I had a night vision scope, I would totally have gotten my dope back.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:10:36 PM EST
I think the Border patrol needs to give the guys at Dillon Aero a call and order a handful of these:

(As seen on "Monster Garage" and in the movie "Mr & Mrs. Smith")

They get shot at; the BP guys can shoot back while screamingh "ORALE, HIJO DE PUTA!!!"

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:12:54 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/14/2006 5:15:49 PM EST by Rincon_11]

Originally Posted By FLAL1A:
So, let's see. . . . BP agents are periodically ordered to quit arresting illegals, when they do arrest them, the BGs are immediately released at their original destination (i.e., in the US), [/qoute]

This is grossly overplayed and, well, no comment. While you will not be awarded for catching huge amounts of illegals, you WILL immediately be labeled a slug for not catching a whole lot of them. Also, your basic alien is not just released back into the US. Their are exceptions, but it is VERY rare not to send them back to Mexico within hours of being apprehended. Just another misconception.

why would anybody want that job?

Because who else is going to give you an M4, a 4x4 and an opportunity to test out their tracking skills on a nightly basis? I would think your average arfcommer would jump all over this.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 6:48:59 PM EST
Yet another example of our BP being attacked FROM Mexico, probably by the same Police "We have good relations with" or the cartels or .mil, and we will NEVER hear about it on the news
Top Top