Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/15/2005 2:25:06 AM EDT
From Drudge:

BOXING PROMOTER DON KING: 'BUSH IS A REVOLUTIONARY'
Wed Dec 14 2005 19:23:37 ET

CNN, THE SITUATION ROOM 4:00 PM EST

WOLF BLITZER, HOST: Don king is known worldwide as a big-time boxing promoter. But has also taken some new fights on recently...

You love George Bush?

DON KING; I love George Walker Bush because I think he's a revolutionary. He's a president that comes in with conclusiveness. What they're doing in tomorrow in Iraq is a demonstration of that for the vote for democracy. The fundamental process of democracy is freedom of speech, law and order, being able to have freedom, working with people and working and governing yourselves. George Bush is that. He included in...

BLITZER: Do you have any regrets supporting him? Take a look at that picture when you and I were there at the diner last year. Do you have any regrets supporting him as enthusiastically as you did?

KING: No, I don't. In fact, I want to support him more now because it seems like everybody is punching him. You know what I mean? But he's fighting back, and he's throwing great combinations. And I think he's the guy that is really a revolutionary president.

I think he's a president that cares about the people he represents, but doesn't compromise himself to the extent that he acquiesce and accommodate. He goes out there and says like it is, and tries to make things better. Inclusiveness, education, is fighting for that.

These are the things that many guys that don't fight for -- George Walker Bush is a tremendous advocate to America, a great president for the great American people, and he's decisive. He's doesn't equivocate.

END
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:26:35 AM EDT
The man has flair... I'd like to meet Don King.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:30:39 AM EDT
Wow, just what the prez needs, a well respected fan.

Now, if we could just get Pauly Shore on board.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:32:57 AM EDT
Are you sure this isn't from The Onion?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:33:17 AM EDT
Damn, I hate Don King. I've always wanted to kick his teeth out....now he says something like this.

<­BR>

O.K.- He can keep the molars
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:48:29 AM EDT
I'll take Don King anyday over the Kanye West "Bush hates black people" types.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:06:29 AM EDT
... and Don King has always been support of President Bush, it's not just some media-grabbing ploy.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:07:08 AM EDT

Originally Posted By N1Rampage:
The man has flhair... .

fixed
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:07:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:
Wow, just what the prez needs, a well respected fan.

Now, if we could just get Pauly Shore on board.

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:09:32 AM EDT
I thought we did have Pauly Shore on board once.....at least we had a member here who used his pic as an avatar. Who was that anyway? Was it Tactical Jew?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:11:01 AM EDT
I am pretty sure Don King loves EVERYBODY.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:12:44 AM EDT
man, that first statement was very erudite and insightful! as much as i can't stand bush, i have to give him credit for being a man of conviction and vision.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:14:17 AM EDT
You got to love the King's fend' for yourself entrepenurial skills.
Self made guy. I recall reading quotes from him in the past about GOP issues.
He has some of my respect. Glad he is on our side. "Only in America"
A Capitolist Patriot indeed which is more I can say for some NOLA folks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:19:39 AM EDT
+1 for Don King. We need more people to take an unpopular stand and support the president. Not sure why anyone would bash him in the context of those statements. He's pro conviction and so am I.

but I'm not getting one of the hairdos

Bomber
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:20:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/15/2005 3:22:31 AM EDT by COZ]

Originally Posted By jvic:
From Drudge:

BOXING PROMOTER DON KING: 'BUSH IS A REVOLUTIONARY'
Wed Dec 14 2005 19:23:37 ET

CNN, THE SITUATION ROOM 4:00 PM EST

WOLF BLITZER, HOST: Don king is known worldwide as a big-time boxing promoter. But has also taken some new fights on recently...

You love George Bush?

DON KING; I love George Walker Bush because I think he's a revolutionary. He's a president that comes in with conclusiveness. What they're doing in tomorrow in Iraq is a demonstration of that for the vote for democracy. The fundamental process of democracy is freedom of speech, law and order, being able to have freedom, working with people and working and governing yourselves. George Bush is that. He included in...

BLITZER: Do you have any regrets supporting him? Take a look at that picture when you and I were there at the diner last year. Do you have any regrets supporting him as enthusiastically as you did?

KING: No, I don't. In fact, I want to support him more now because it seems like everybody is punching him. You know what I mean? But he's fighting back, and he's throwing great combinations. And I think he's the guy that is really a revolutionary president.

I think he's a president that cares about the people he represents, but doesn't compromise himself to the extent that he acquiesce and accommodate. He goes out there and says like it is, and tries to make things better. Inclusiveness, education, is fighting for that.

These are the things that many guys that don't fight for -- George Walker Bush is a tremendous advocate to America, a great president for the great American people, and he's decisive. He's doesn't equivocate.

END

+1 Best President I've ever seen. History will prove this in later years. We've gained a lot of our gun freedoms back under this president.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:28:52 AM EDT
Don King has been flying flags and supporting Bush every chance he gets since 2000.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:34:57 AM EDT
I hate Don King, but at least we know where he stands. He has some hope of redemption.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:14:06 AM EDT
What's the old saying? "With friends like that, who needs enemies?"
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:21:37 AM EDT
Good for him!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:26:16 AM EDT
I bet you'll never see them in a photo op together.

What I mean is Presidents hardly ever have their picture taken with murdering thieves.

Oh wait...

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:33:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Gregory_A:
I am pretty sure Don King loves EVERYBODY.

Better Don than Rodney''Cant we all just get along'' King.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:44:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By captainpooby:
What I mean is Presidents hardly ever have their picture taken with murdering thieves.

Oh wait...
www-cgi.cnn.com/WORLD/meast/9812/14/clinton.gaza.05/clinton.arafat.jpg

EVERY picture of Clinton is a picture of a murderous thief.

Top Top