Posted: 5/14/2004 6:56:10 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:04:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:15:30 AM EDT
[#2]

hilarity ensued  
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#3]
And you're wife is still married to you right?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:24:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I could only PRAY for something like that to happen at one of the get-togethers at
             the in-laws. My F-I-L is cool, I couldn't ask for better, my my M-I-L is a few sandwiches
             short of a picnic lunch, so any gatherings always provide plenty of 'bitch material' with my
             SO for weeks afterwards.....
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:29:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Hilarious.  Absolutely hilarious.  God I love dogs.  Hey wait, god is dog spelled backwards.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:55:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I could only PRAY for something like that to happen at one of the get-togethers at
             the in-laws. My F-I-L is cool, I couldn't ask for better, my my M-I-L is a few sandwiches
             short of a picnic lunch, so any gatherings always provide plenty of 'bitch material' with my
             SO for weeks afterwards.....

Well at least you got one out of the two worth while. Mine drive me fucking nuts! I Garun-damn-tee whenever we go there, we will have one of three meals...ham (cheap formed loaf kind...not the real bone-in cured deal)
Turkey (always boiled and shredded for sammiches...yeah, I know ...YUCK)
or Chicken pot pie. Only she uses the vegetable mix with corn and lima beans in it.
Salad always consists of the same four things...and two choices of dressing
Dessert is always some OREO tort that she thinks is different if she uses different ice cream with it (news for you Diane...it's the same fucking thing. Put a sweater on a pig, and it is still a pig)
Oh yeah...she puts sugar and celery seed in literally everything she makes. I fucking hate celery seed. With a passion!

FIL likes to tell me how much money he saved on things by buying the cheapest piece of shit, and then complaining about it after it breaks.
He also like to "help out" around the house. His helping just makes more work for me to un-do what he has done. He took it upon himself to hang two doors in the rec-room I was building in my basement. Of course he did this when I wasn't there. When I got home that night, I went downstairs to continue on the room...I noticed his handi-work. They weren't too far out of plumb...but they were in BACKWARDS!

FIL is an old farmer who is the product of his mother who was of a depression era mindset. Use this POS to make that POS. Cover it up with a layer of paint from that can that stil has the $1.25 CLEARANCE SALE tag on it from 1977. Use paint brushes that are older than the paint. When a brush has less than 1" of usable bristle left...I'd say you got your money's worth out of it. They rinse out those cheap disposable cardbord tube paint rollers for Christ's sake!

MIL thinks she know EVERYTHING about medicine and doctors...right up to the point of arguing with her doctor over his diagnosis. He said it was a skin irritation from her scratching it. She swore up and down it was SCABIES!

She and I have had our words. She knows now not to wash my cast iron cookware with soap, not to put my annodized cookware in the dishwasher, and to not use a FUCKING FORK to stir things in my non- (well it  WAS) non-stick cookware.
All this after the damage had been done. ("Oh but I always do that to my stuff at home."...is her canned response. Well guess what...this ain't your stuff, and you ain't in your home. It's mine, and this is my house!)

OOps...I just realized I hijacked this thread....but it felt good to get this off my chest.

In their defense...they are absolutely wonderful with my son. And they will bend over backwards to help us.

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 3:47:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top