Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2001 6:37:30 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I would go with the Eagle. Blackhawk puts out a good product however, like you mentioned they are way overpriced. Eagle products IMHO are better made and since they are a much smaller company you get better, more personalized service with more attention to detail on the products. I have an Eagle Tac vest and the thing is a squared away piece of gear. Another great thing is that I would almost guarantee that if you fubar that vest in training, Eagle will stand by there product and replace it for you. Stay hard, O3 out!! [sniper]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:10:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Have any of you guys seen these vests:  [url]http://www.bowmansbrigade.com/products/gunitems/tacticalvest.htm[/url]

I like these better then either the blackhawk or eagle gear, but I'm a little biased, as I carry the things.  Still, check them out, they're pretty cool.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:31:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I have owned both. I would get whichever is cheaper.

A month or so back Olympic Arms Dealer network had BH vest as low as $59.00. But that sale is over.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:33:04 AM EDT
[#6]
DO NOT GO WITH BLACKHAWK!!!  Their stuff is a POS.  All of their stuff is made in Korea, and it is worthless.  Just came back from Thunder Ranch and all the Blackhawk equipment was self-destructing the first day.  There was not one piece of Blackhawk equipment which survived the week.  Oh does their catalogue look excellent though!  Pretty pictures enough to make you drool.  Blackhawk does have one good thing however; a good repair department.  Yes even if you have to send your Blackhawk equipment back three or four times to get it fixed, they won't charge it for you.  Yes if you spend $5000 to go to Canada for a big game hunt and if at 12,000 feet your Blackhawk pack self-destructs and dumps all of your hunting equipment down a 40 degree rock field for 2000 feet.  Yes sir, after you get back from that ruined hunting trip you just return your pack to their repair department and they will cheerfully repair it at not charge.  Aren't they great.  My suggestion would be to to with SOE (special ops equipment - they've recently changed their web site so I don't have their current one, but their phone is 760-722-0004).  They are basically a company formed in San Diego by Navy Seals devoted to making the worlds best equipment.  Their catalogue looks like crap, but their equipment is un believeable!!  Eagle stuff is also good, but if you want the absolute very best equipment that money can buy, go with SOE.  End of rant.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:39:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Sitting Bull:
My suggestion would be to to with SOE (special ops equipment - they've recently changed their web site so I don't have their current one
View Quote

How about:

http://www.specialoperationsequipment.com/

Later,

JC

Link Posted: 5/6/2001 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#8]
They are pricey, but you don't have to get the sleeves and liners if you don't want this feature.  $250 without sleeves and liners.  Black or camo.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 1:42:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Go with Arktis, I am currently looking into their stuff. But their vests are issue with the Netherlands and Danish (among others) armed forces, word is their completely infantry proof.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#10]
i have the omega tach vest -1 good vest, byt i am also getting one of the us issue vests, i find the mag placement to be more accessable. and it didn't cost me near as much.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I think i personally am going to buy the Classic Chest Rig by Arktis, it is much cheaper compared to the few or nonexistent Eagle or BH products here. The nearest with good prices on Blackhawk here is Sweden. From different sources the Artkis seems very good to go. The vest will be for reserve 3 Gun Matches and outdoor purposes.
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Henry Bowman:
They are pricey, but you don't have to get the sleeves and liners if you don't want this feature.  $250 without sleeves and liners.  Black or camo.
View Quote

That is pretty darned cool. I just cheked it out and the jacket feature brings the nifty factor up quite a bit, not to mention it just looks like a sturdy vest, just of the sort I want.  Do you plan on having them in stock for a while? I'm kinda broke, but I'm pretty sure I just found my vest. Again, very cool.

Link Posted: 5/6/2001 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I am a stocking dealer for SOE, Eagle Industries, and Blackhawk. Between The Eagle and the Blackhawk, get the Eagle. If you want the most indestructible vest in the world; get the SOE.

High Performance Tactical Gear!
[url]www.Lightfighter.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/6/2001 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/7/2001 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#16]

The Blackhawk and Eagle stuff is essentially the same.  Given a choice, I would buy from lightfighter and go for the straight blackhawk stuff, but if you find a place selling Eagle in your AO, you can buy it knowing that you are not compromising quality.
Link Posted: 5/8/2001 4:12:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top