Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/7/2005 6:45:21 PM EDT
Is it just me or is it a mistake to drain this Toxic Cocktail as they call it back into the clean water system?

Sure it contains E-coli and Dead body fluids, but that is not what I am worried about. How about the oil, lead, Mercury that they are talking about?
How is this going to affect the wetlands and the water down stream towards the Gulf? Do you really want to believe the EPA? Has far as I know not one Independent group is studying the lasting effects of this.
Now here is an example. When the WTC was hit and the EPA came around they were concerned with the water and run off getting into the sewer system and into the river. That was just the trade center and due to the oil to run the generators and the other stuff floating around. Look what we got going on here.
The EPA said to us SURE you could breath this stuff don't worry just keep on working. We know what the results are from that. Therefore, that is why I also worry about what will happen in a couple of weeks and years to come.
Are you going to eat fish from the waters in a month or so? I see a big problem looming down the road or should I say down stream.
Also:
People wise. We are allowing all these people into different states without being tested. Who knows what they are infected with? Children going to school with other children not affected by the water and the TOXIC COCKTAIL.....

So we all know that this is all politics. How can we intern Americans due to health concerns. How can we say your city must remain underwater till we figure out how to maybe clean the water up before we pump it into the clean water supply.

Can you see the backlash from that thinking...

Also:
All the complaints about not evacuating the people. Think about this and I don't mean for the ones that wanted to leave. That is truly a mistake on the City State and Feds.

I am talking about the ones who still refuse to go. 10-15,000 people. Do you really think that if the City-State or Govt. had the busses they would have got on them?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:47:49 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you recommend we do with it?  Leave Lake New Orleans like a vast Love Canal?  Bottle it all and sell it to the French?  Put it in 55 gallon drums and store it in salt caves like "nucular" waste?

It's a very big problem.  Nature will handle it, one way or another.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:48:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know but I hope your right.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:49:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What do you recommend we do with it?  Leave Lake New Orleans like a vast Love Canal?  Bottle it all and sell it to the French?  Put it in 55 gallon drums and store it in salt caves like "nucular" waste?

I'll take option "B" for $200.00 Alex!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Fuck nature...she started it.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#6]
It's a communist plot, to sap and impurify, our precious bodily fluids.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:59:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Ray D. Ation
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Gotta do what ya gotta do.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#9]
No choice.

Just wait till they decontaminate the place and all the chlorine goes in the lake.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Nature's solution to pollution is dillution.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:27:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
No choice.

Just wait till they decontaminate the place and all the chlorine goes in the lake.

then all the natives will be complaining about how the gov wasnt careful enough with the cleanup. who wants to live in a dead zone.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Can't we just use fluoride to disinfect the water?
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm sure all of that water is nothing compaired to what the ocean sees every day with dead fish, and whatnot.  I don't think it will really matter at all.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:40:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And that's a daily double!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:44:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Im thinking there is going to be a bumper crop of shrimp in the next couple years...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:45:27 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By NAM General Jack D. Ripper:

There, fixed it for ya.  A great movie.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i was thinking the same thing......"that doesn't sound that bad"
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:47:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Its going into Lake Pontchitrain (sp?) correct???

Wouldnt it be better to put it in the Mississippi and let it go out in the ocean???
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i was thinking the same thing......"that doesn't sound that bad"

We can call it "Eu de Bowl e Superfund"!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#21]
we could always build a pipe line and send to Mexico.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Truer words have never been spoken.

Plus , nature will take care of it all after some time.  And before the bunny huggers flame me, Would I dump a can of used motor oil in a body of water ?. hell no. But these are desperate times and desperate times call for desperate measures.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

+2
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

C-4, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, C-4, children's ice cream!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:28:45 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NO.  It is chlorine, not fluorine.  

But nature takes care of its own.  A little agitation and some higher life forms will take care of the bacteria.  Just don't eat LA oysters.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:38:37 PM EDT
[#26]
they need to filter the water first. even if it takes a long ass time.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

NO.  It is chlorine, not fluorine.  

me thinks someone missed the joke there...
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:58:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

which is why I only drink rainwater or grain alcohol

txl
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#31]
10-15,000 people. Do you really think that if the City-State or Govt. had the busses they would have got on them?

They had 250 school buses.  250 buses x 60 people/bus = 15,000 people.

Those buses were left unused in the bus parking lot where they are now in about 6' of water.  

Wasted.

Yeah, they had the buses.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Flouride is not used to disinfect water, it is used to prevent cavaties.

OK.... man card revoked. Go watch Dr. Strangelove, and you can get your card back.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:43:34 PM EDT
[#34]
I think we should build a thirty foot concrete wall around New Orleans with fortified monitoring posts every mile or so. Declare the area "The United States Federal Prison Reservation New Orleans and then empty the nations violent convicts into the place.

Each convict given three days food, a baseball bat with a nail though it and a shovel. Like the Movie Escape from New York.

But thats just me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top