Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/16/2005 11:40:03 PM EDT
OK, here is another BF thread...great right?   Yes it is great because this thread will actually help you have a  better gaming experiance and remove some of the annoyances of the game.

I'll start with a tip. Please add any strategy tips or any type of tip or trick that makes the game better.

////////////////////////////////////////

Tip 1: Faster game loading

Note: This procedure involves changing game files; create backup copies before proceeding. Delete the Dice, EA, Intro, and Legal Bink Video files from your EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies folder.. There will now be no ads or movies at the start of the game.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 2:54:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually have a system that is a bit below the minimum requirements and the game runs lag free.  I have an Athon 2200+ processor, 1 gig of ram, and a Radeon 9600 card.  I turned down ALL the graphics settings, and I shut down background tasks according to page 18 of the game's manual, Including explorer.  Before shutting down explorer though, go to the Battlefield 2 shortcut, right click and select properties.  copy the command line under Target.  Go back into task manager, shut down explorer, and then click on the Applications tab, click on "New Task" and paste the command into the box. Close the task manager before the game loads and you're good to go.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 9:51:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard that you shouldnt delete the files... just rename the extension to something like .wasteoftime

I had heard that PB might detect missing files... but you obviously would know about PB giving you problems if you deleted the files. Anything happen so far?
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I heard that you shouldnt delete the files... just rename the extension to something like .wasteoftime

I had heard that PB might detect missing files... but you obviously would know about PB giving you problems if you deleted the files. Anything happen so far?

I played for a few hours tonight, and it hasnt done anythng to me since I deleted the video files.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Tip 3: Run at higher resolutions than 1280x960 or higher on LCD screens in particular

To run BF2 in 1280x1024 resolution (or another custom resolution) - particularly for LCD displays which display the best image at their native resolution.  Go to your main Battlefield 2 shortcut you use to launch the game, right-click on it and select Properties. Then in the Target box, after the "C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 text, insert another space, then enter +szx 1280 +szy 1024

To do this, change your targetb line to look like this [copy and paste wont work]:

"C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

Note the addition of the +szx and +szy commands which respectively set the width and height of the resolution to be used. Substitute other values for other resolutions (e.g. +szx 1900 +szy 1200).

Link Posted: 7/18/2005 7:42:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Have you changed settings multiple times in BF2 looking for your best settings? Everytime you change a resolution and mess with the various settings BF2 caches a whole extra set of stuff in a folder found in my documents. Every 1st game you play BF2 will load all the files in the folder... the average user will have around 600-700 files, but once you change settings that number will balloon to something like 1200 to 5000 files!

Battlefield installs a folder into your "My Documents" area.

Go to Battlefield 2 > Mods > BF2 > Cache > EEDAK24322 (the name will be different for everyone)

Once inside the mystical mumbo jumbo folder delete every file inside. Dont delete the folder itself. Next time you load up the game it will recache the appropriate amount of files inside the folder and reduce the loading lag of your first game.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 4:39:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Tip 5: Measuring Framerate, Taking Screenshots & Recording Demo Movies

You can use the renderer.drawFps 1 command in BF2 to show your current frames per second (see Console Commands section above). However there is a utility which allows you to do this and much more: FRAPS. This free utility will display a very accurate framerate counter in the corner of the screen. However Fraps also has other handy functions, such as the ability to take screenshots in various formats and even record demo movies which you can play back in a media player outside of BF2. Give it a try as it is a great utility to have on your PC.

[taken from http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_9.html]  

Link Posted: 7/24/2005 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Tip 1: Faster game loading

Note: This procedure involves changing game files; create backup copies before proceeding. Delete the Dice, EA, Intro, and Legal Bink Video files from your EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\Movies folder.. There will now be no ads or movies at the start of the game.

or u can rename the folder itll do the same thing no movies at all will play
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Tip 5: Measuring Framerate, Taking Screenshots & Recording Demo Movies

You can use the renderer.drawFps 1 command in BF2 to show your current frames per second (see Console Commands section above). However there is a utility which allows you to do this and much more: FRAPS. This free utility will display a very accurate framerate counter in the corner of the screen. However Fraps also has other handy functions, such as the ability to take screenshots in various formats and even record demo movies which you can play back in a media player outside of BF2. Give it a try as it is a great utility to have on your PC.

[taken from http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_9.html]  

I'm gonna have to play with that....
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#9]
What should the refresh rate of the monitor be? I'm suing a standard CRT 19" Sylvainia F96.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:09:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What should the refresh rate of the monitor be? I'm suing a standard CRT 19" Sylvainia F96.

70 or 75...anything but 60 unless you like a screen that strobes.

ETA: unless you have an LCD that only operates at 60.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:21:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Many thanks. I figured with the new card I could at least go to 70.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I have to get it to load the main menu first, the vid card stops working halfway through
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I have to get it to load the main menu first, the vid card stops working halfway through

what card? and does the rest of your system meet the system requirements?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 5:50:45 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

70 or 75...anything but 60 unless you like a screen that strobes.

ETA: unless you have an LCD that only operates at 60.

CRT 19" about 2yrs. old.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Good thread.  Any more tips?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:16:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Get a Blackhawk, load it with a engineer, medic, support and some good gunners. Then fly around and cause hell! I piloted the Blackhawk for 20 mins while we all racked up points like you won't believe. Worked great.

-d
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:50:34 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Battlefield 2 Tweak Guide
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:16:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Tag for good measure
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#19]
That was a good article.  I improved the performance on my machine by replacing my Radeon 9600 PRO with a GeForce 6600GT.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
That was a good article.  I improved the performance on my machine by replacing my Radeon 9600 PRO with a GeForce 6600GT.  

I have to agree with you on the 6600GT. Great proformance for the money. I get all my stuff from Newegg.com. Low prices and fast shipping. I'm waiting for my 1gig dual channel memory as we speak. I'm runnong 512 right now and the game runs smooth. I do get some lag but not very often.

A question on TEAMSPEAK???
I have a Logitech mic/headphone combo on the way and it uses the USB connection. Will this work with BF2? Any tips on using teamspeak?

Many thanks guys and I'll see you on the Battlefield!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have to agree with you on the 6600GT. Great proformance for the money. I get all my stuff from Newegg.com. Low prices and fast shipping. I'm waiting for my 1gig dual channel memory as we speak. I'm runnong 512 right now and the game runs smooth. I do get some lag but not very often.

I have a Logitech mic/headphone combo on the way and it uses the USB connection. Will this work with BF2? Any tips on using teamspeak?

I was actually running it on:

Athlon XP 1.4GHz
1GB PC2100 266MHz RAM
4X AGP MoBo
Radeon 9600 PRO 128MB
ATA100 40GB HDD

I ran it at 800x600 with everything set to Medium and AA/AF off
That resulted in a pretty good framerate, but not the best graphics.

I upgraded to:

Athlon XP 3000+ (2.1GHz)
1GB PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel RAM
Abit nForce2 motherboard 8xAGP
SATA 160GB RAID1

For a while, I was using the Radeon 9600 card in that and to be honest, it didn't improve much.  I was able to bump the resolution up to 1024x768 and still have a good framerate, but nothing more.

When I swapped the video to the 6600GT, I now run it in 1280x1024 with settings on high and AA@4X.  Runs beautifully.  

As far as the teamspeak, I just use the built in VoIP and it works well.  I don't know about the USB mic.  It doesn't have the standard mini-jack connector?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:32:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Hardware tip:

I upgraded my MS Optical Mouse to a high resolution gaming mouse. I ended up with a Logitech MX518 Optical mouse (USB). It can operate at three  ([by default] can be up to 5) different resolutions on the fly. It has two buttons on it to change resolution.

I increase it to 1600 dpi, when I get in a vehicle. I can swing the turrent of the tank/apc with just a little movement of the mouse. The turrent swings around by very fast, yet very precise and controllable. Makes taking out guys that much easier. Works great also on the anti tank ground gun and air missle launchers.

With my old mouse. I'd probably have to pick up my mouse off the pad and reposition it three times.. to just get the turrent to swing 360 degrees.

With the new mouse.. it just takes a few inches on the mouse pad.

Since, you steer with the keyboard... driving sensativity doesn't change. I can always just click the button to bring it to medium resolution 800 dpi or low res. I hardly ever use the 400 dpi mode.

I chose the Logitech over the Razor mouse, because the shape feels better to me and I can change the resolution on the fly.

It has 8 buttons on the mouse that you can program. Comes in handy when you need to do something asap... instead of trying to find/hit a key under stress.

Pricewise, it wasn't an expensive upgrade. They retail or just under $50 at the stores or you can find it online for maybe $5 less... after paying for shipping.

I like the hi-res mode or surfing the net too. I can just barely move the mouse to get from one end of the screen to the other end.

links:
Logitech MX518 link

Razor homepage: Diamondback was what I was looking at.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Athlon XP 1.4GHz
1GB PC2100 266MHz RAM
4X AGP MoBo
Radeon 9600 PRO 128MB
ATA100 40GB HDD

I upgraded to:

Athlon XP 3000+ (2.1GHz)
SATA 160GB RAID1

For a while, I was using the Radeon 9600 card in that and to be honest, it didn't improve much.  I was able to bump the resolution up to 1024x768 and still have a good framerate, but nothing more.

When I swapped the video to the 6600GT, I now run it in 1280x1024 with settings on high and AA@4X.  Runs beautifully.  

As far as the teamspeak, I just use the built in VoIP and it works well.  I don't know about the USB mic.  It doesn't have the standard mini-jack connector?

There's NO WAY your running this game on that computer at 1280x1024 with 4x anti-aliasing!

I have a Nforce 3 chipset Mboard with a AMD 3200+ 939 core with 1gig of DDR 400MHZ and a 6600GT along with a sata drive and I can only run at 1024x768 with 2x anti-alaising and I'm STILL not pleased wtih how this game runs.

I call BS on it running at the resolution and running "Perfect" there's no way.

BTW, you don't need that mouse to adjust the level sensitivty for each mode of play BF2.

Each method has it's own mouse sensitivity level so you can adjust your in tank movements faster they say your on the ground movements.

Just adjust each one to your liking.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Athlon XP 1.4GHz
1GB PC2100 266MHz RAM
4X AGP MoBo
Radeon 9600 PRO 128MB
ATA100 40GB HDD

I upgraded to:

Athlon XP 3000+ (2.1GHz)
SATA 160GB RAID1

There's NO WAY your running this game on that computer at 1280x1024 with 4x anti-aliasing!

I have a Nforce 3 chipset Mboard with a AMD 3200+ 939 core with 1gig of DDR 400MHZ and a 6600GT along with a sata drive and I can only run at 1024x768 with 2x anti-alaising and I'm STILL not pleased wtih how this game runs.

BTW, you don't need that mouse to adjust the level sensitivty for each mode of play BF2.

Each method has it's own mouse sensitivity level so you can adjust your in tank movements faster they say your on the ground movements.

Not sure what to tell you...  I most certainly can run it at that resolution and 4xAA.  Sounds like you need to optomize.  When was the last time you reinstalled the OS?  What do you have running in your task manager (msconfig)?  Do you defrag after ever program installation?  All these will help increase performance.  I read through all the tutorials for optomizing my XP install, my video card and BF2.  It took some time to read through all those links, but it definitely made a big improvement and whether you want to believe that I am running it at 1280x1024 w/4XAA on is up to you.  I know what it's set to and it runs very well with those settings.  As far as it running "perfectly" - if perfect is having AF and AA ALL the way to the max with every setting on "HIGH", then no, it's not perfect.  However, "running perfectly" to me is having it at my max resolution (limited by my 1800FP Dell LCD), with the settings that are the [erfect balance between quality and performance; no stuttering and no crashes.  In my 40+ hours of playing the game with my upgraded hardware, clean XP install and optomization of BF2, graphics and XP, the game has yet to crash or have any problems.  To me, that's "perfect".
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:58:00 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

millersho....sound like you need to fix yer PC.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#26]
OK, I'm not that up on all things PC. I know enough to get me by. I have a Logitech laser mouse which is pretty good. I want to know (in dummy terms) how to adjust the DPI settings. Do I do it in the game or from the desktop?
I play UT2004 and the mouse is lightning fast on that game. I just want to be able to swing the turrets on the vehicles fast. I'm tired of loosing the tank duels because I cant traverse the turret fast enough.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:29:37 PM EDT
[#27]
in the options settings you can set the mouse sensitivity. Click options, Controls, land, air, vehicle...etc.  The slider bar is in the lower left hand corner.

You can turn the airplanes and tanks an vehicles way up to 7 or 8, but I dont recommend turning up the infantry common slider past setting 3. I dont know why buy if you turn the infanty one up too high it makes it impossible to aim because it  "skips" 6 or so pixels. If anyone has the answer to that, it would be great.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
in the options settings you can set the mouse sensitivity. Click options, Controls, land, air, vehicle...etc.  The slider bar is in the lower left hand corner.

You can turn the airplanes and tanks an vehicles way up to 7 or 8, but I dont recommend turning up the infantry common slider past setting 3. I dont know why buy if you turn the infanty one up too high it makes it impossible to aim because it  "skips" 6 or so pixels. If anyone has the answer to that, it would be great.

Outstanding, thanks

Heres another question. Is it better to have the PS2 connection or USB for the mouse? What benifit is the USB?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Heres another question. Is it better to have the PS2 connection or USB for the mouse? What benifit is the USB?

they are supposed to be the same. No difference. I could be wrong on that though.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:07:49 PM EDT
[#30]
USB has a much faster sampling rate...  if you have both connectors, USB is better in ALL cases - go with that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:37:09 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
USB has a much faster sampling rate...  if you have both connectors, USB is better in ALL cases - go with that.

Thats good. My keyboard is USB and the mouse is USB with a PS2 adapter. I never thought to just plug in the USB. If it's better I will go with USB.

What about AUDIO settings? Hardware.....Software.....Low...Med...High?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:56:08 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats good. My keyboard is USB and the mouse is USB with a PS2 adapter. I never thought to just plug in the USB. If it's better I will go with USB.

What about AUDIO settings? Hardware.....Software.....Low...Med...High?

You have a good sound card that will do EAX? Then go high quality. Anything below a SB Audigy, I would start dropping audio till it plays without an arty strike locking you up.

Nick
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:32:26 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Get a Blackhawk, load it with a engineer, medic, support and some good gunners. Then fly around and cause hell! I piloted the Blackhawk for 20 mins while we all racked up points like you won't believe. Worked great.

-d

I'll expand a little on the "Cap-hawk" strategy:

- Form a squad called "Blackhawk"
- Class makeup should be two or three engineers, two or three medics, and a support
- The pilot should be the most skilled flyer and be either support or medic
- The gunners should be either medic or support.  When occupying the pilot or gunner spots the resupply (by the support class) and healing (by the medic class) happen automatically, racking up points almost for free
- The engineers should be in back repairing the Blackhawk.  They do so my looking straight down and hitting the Fire button.  When not busy repairing they can be chucking out anti-tank mines and/or grenades.  This works as an attack and also gives the Support class resupply points.
- All should have voice comm so that they can call out targets to the gunners and give the pilot other sets of eyes with regard to threats

With this configuration you can generally fly from flag to flag doing very quick capping and racking up MANY points.

The most effective counter to a competent Blackhawk crew is to mid-air them with a jet.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, go over to the battlefield forums browse around and take a look for yourself, my computer is on par to the other computers with similar specs.

I have a brand new install of the OS, drive is completely defragged, I'm running no non-essential processes I have my CPU Slightly overclocked as well as my videocard, etc etc.

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:11:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, go over to the battlefield forums browse around and take a look for yourself, my computer is on par to the other computers with similar specs.

I have a brand new install of the OS, drive is completely defragged, I'm running no non-essential processes I have my CPU Slightly overclocked as well as my videocard, etc etc.

Sounds like you may have some hardware issues then...  BF2 runs great for me at the aforementioned resolution of 1280x1024 with AA @ 4X.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:56:15 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-d

I'll expand a little on the "Cap-hawk" strategy:

- Form a squad called "Blackhawk"
- Class makeup should be two or three engineers, two or three medics, and a support
- The pilot should be the most skilled flyer and be either support or medic
- The gunners should be either medic or support.  When occupying the pilot or gunner spots the resupply (by the support class) and healing (by the medic class) happen automatically, racking up points almost for free
- The engineers should be in back repairing the Blackhawk.  They do so my looking straight down and hitting the Fire button.  When not busy repairing they can be chucking out anti-tank mines and/or grenades.  This works as an attack and also gives the Support class resupply points.
- All should have voice comm so that they can call out targets to the gunners and give the pilot other sets of eyes with regard to threats

Been doing that on every map with a Blackhawk. I hate flying the other teams heli's. We then decided that sky diving would be fun... so we went to an altitude of about 500-600 and the squad would bail and parachute down. I'd keep flying the heli, and let them spawn with me again. The other team had no idea where we were at.

-d
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds like you may have some hardware issues then...  BF2 runs great for me at the aforementioned resolution of 1280x1024 with AA @ 4X.  

Hardware issue's like what?
It works or it doesn't.
All the cards use the same API(directX) and all the cards use the same chipsets/drivers and it works or it doesn't.

I would agree with you if all my other game ran the same way but they all run like a dream now.
For example my new computer just eats HL2 now and spits it out like its nothing.
My other computer was at it's limits with HL2.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hardware issue's like what?
It works or it doesn't.
All the cards use the same API(directX) and all the cards use the same chipsets/drivers and it works or it doesn't.

I would agree with you if all my other game ran the same way but they all run like a dream now.
For example my new computer just eats HL2 now and spits it out like its nothing.
My other computer was at it's limits with HL2.

Just trying to help out...  not sure why you aren't able to run it at the settings that I am able to.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:49:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Mine is similar to Miller's, 'cept P4 @ 3.4, but otherwise the same. For some reason, BF@ ran better with my 9600pro than it does w/660GT, although increasing AGP aperature to 256 helped some, I still can't run any better than a mix of med./high without it running like ass-my chopper skills have gone to crap (locks up when I am down in Mashtour dodging SAM's-unfreezes when I become a smear on the side of a building). And yes, processes are minimalized, drives defragged, yada yada. BTW, HL2/CS run like stink-high rez, high settings,  AA and AS, great IQ and smooth as silk, so what gives?

Nick
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:05:28 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Mine is similar to Miller's, 'cept P4 @ 3.4, but otherwise the same. For some reason, BF@ ran better with my 9600pro than it does w/660GT, although increasing AGP aperature to 256 helped some, I still can't run any better than a mix of med./high without it running like ass-my chopper skills have gone to crap (locks up when I am down in Mashtour dodging SAM's-unfreezes when I become a smear on the side of a building). And yes, processes are minimalized, drives defragged, yada yada. BTW, HL2/CS run like stink-high rez, high settings,  AA and AS, great IQ and smooth as silk, so what gives?

Nick

Have you updated your video drivers?  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:13:31 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Nick

I had a 9600 Pro before I upgraded to a 6600GT.  The result was a BIG difference.  Have you gone through the optomization guides (for Windows, your video card and BF2) posted earlier in this thread?  Do you delete the cached video files before you play?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:39:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nick

I had a 9600 Pro before I upgraded to a 6600GT.  The result was a BIG difference.  Have you gone through the optomization guides (for Windows, your video card and BF2) posted earlier in this thread?  Do you delete the cached video files before you play?

Latest drivers and all, including MB chipset....that being said, it MAY have something to do with HD crapping out (Maxtor's utility says backup and replace-failure code is literally: dead6379), so I think I know what my problem is, will know after HD replacement. Not looking forward to reinstalling everything.

Nick
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
 Do you delete the cached video files before you play?

How do you do that?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:24:18 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Do you delete the cached video files before you play?

How do you do that?

Read the BF2 tweak guide - it's either in this thread, or one of the other BF2 threads in this "War Gaming" forum.  It has lots of optomization tweaks.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:30:53 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
The most effective counter to a competent Blackhawk crew is to mid-air them with a jet.

Really?

Huh.
I have found a 120mm tank shell works pretty well.

Oh well.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#46]
www.forumplanet.com/planetbattlefield/post.asp?fid=7419&tid=1746160&rid=19960457&t=3&rn=1

quote by="Hakuryu"

I decided to test the AT rocket versus a tank in order to find out what is the best spot to hit it. This is a common thread here, so I figured Id try and put it to rest.

I tested hundreds of shots all over tanks, including from on top of buildings. Tanks have 20 'bars' of health. The next 3 pictures show white numbers, which are the damage an AT rocket does to a tank in that spot :

Notice on a few numbers, AT rockets do no damage to a tank. The front of the round thing on the top left, and the front of the machine gunner hatch. You cant see it well in the picture, but if you fire from the ground diagonally at a tank and hit the front of that hatch = no damage. If you hit the hatch while on top of a building it does 4-5 damage however, but I think thats splash damage into the MG seat.

One spot always works well... the treads. Notice all the 10 damage numbers on them. One thing though, it is easy to hit the wheels instead of treads, which is less damage, so there are 4 perfect spots as illustrated :

Do like the above image says, and you can kill tanks with 2 shots. Any piece of tread will work, but these spots are easiest to hit because of no wheel above them, and less chance of hitting a wheel.

Strange thing - hitting a blown up tank in 6 dmg or less spots does not blowup the broken, burned model, but higher damage spots do.

Using a tank, I also killed other tanks with 2 shots to the same spot, but C4 and grenades do not seem to do any more damage to the treads than anywhere else.

Heres the top info, no 2 kill shots from the top, but 2 9 dmg hits will put tanks on fire so they explode a few seconds later. Do not hit he back carrying area as AT rockets do 0 damage to that spot from above. Hit the top of the turret or the MG seat, or the back top of the tank.

Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Tag
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#48]
They have also said that if you target the APV's (LAV & BMP) main guns on the tank treads sections in green & use the missle(s). That you can destroy the tank, before your main gun begins to overheat.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:23:05 PM EDT
[#49]
REDHORSE

Outstanding info!

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Karkland rooftop tip.

Rooftop access near first MEC flag. Need to jump on rail, get running start, and do a jumping dolphin dive onto adjacent roof.

Movie:
media.putfile.com/karkand-roof
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top