Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2006 3:14:15 PM EDT
Ok so I just started back playing. I really want to get some of the new unlocks so I started a new account so I could rank faster. I got to my first unlock but it will not let me select the new guns just the older original unlocks. Why is this? what do I need to do to get the new ones?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a tiered unlock deal.  For instance, if you unlocked the G3 with your first unlock, then for your second, you could unlock the F2000.  It's just levels of unlockability.  Each class has two weapons available for unlocking.  What I want to know is if there will be any new unlocks when EF booster comes out.  I've been saving two for that.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:21:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#3]
you get one unlock to spend anywhere you want from the tier 1 unlocks.  in other words you get the tier one assautlt unlock OR sniper OR Spec ops OR engineer OR Medic OR support OR AT.  That means you need 6 unlocks to get all the tier one weapons.  You can ONLY unlock a tier 2 once you have the tier one in that class unlocked.    So, the age old dilemma with each unlock, unlock a tier 2 in the same class or open a tier 1 in a new class.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]
2nd tier unlocks will only come if you have special forces expansion.

Once you play SF for awhile you will get retroactive unlocks to match your global score/rank, provided you have already unlocked the vanilla "tier 1" unlocks the SF unlocks will then become available.

So you want new pretty little models of different guns for your game, you have to buy Special Forces to get them.    OR, borrow the SF disc from somebody you know, log into SF for awhile to play a couple rounds until you qualify to get the SF unlocks.    Then never play SF again, like 1/2 of us who have SF have done.

I suggest borrowing SF isntead of buying it.   Don't reward EA for their bullshit where they are forcing people to pay for additional content that used to come from 3rd party modders, modders were killed off thanks to the ranked server bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 7:29:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:41:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Once you play SF for awhile you will get retroactive unlocks to match your global score/rank, provided you have already unlocked the vanilla "tier 1" unlocks the SF unlocks will then become available.

So you want new pretty little models of different guns for your game, you have to buy Special Forces to get them.    OR, borrow the SF disc from somebody you know, log into SF for awhile to play a couple rounds until you qualify to get the SF unlocks.    Then never play SF again, like 1/2 of us who have SF have done.

I suggest borrowing SF isntead of buying it.   Don't reward EA for their bullshit where they are forcing people to pay for additional content that used to come from 3rd party modders, modders were killed off thanks to the ranked server bullshit.

I bought the SF expansion and stopped playing it after a week also.  I just got gunnery sarge and was awarded 2 unlocks which I thought was strange.  Does anyone know if they're giving new unlocks with the Euro Forces booster??
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 9:24:39 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Drats.  I'm mostly AT, with spec ops as a secondary (I like C4).  Decisions, decisions.

ETA, thanks for the info guys.

If you like AT,get the DAO-12, it is much better than the subguns.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Don't need to do any of that.. just have someone play using your account on their copy of SF and provided  you have the unlocks already in regular BF2, you will get the other unlocks in SF.. only takes one game in SF to work.

-d
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I only suggested borrowing the disc in the event somebody is paranoid about giving their log in information to another person.

Plus, there is a bonus that if you get it installed on your machine you can give the SF disc back to your friend and still play SF by using the original BF2 cd.    If your friend is offline not playing SF you can use it when he's offline.

But what you are saying is how my friend got his SF2 unlocks.   I logged in under his account and played SF with his account from my computer which has SF installed on it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:56:45 AM EDT
[#10]
OK, I got my 2500 2 days ago.  I logged in last night and played a round to get my "point" and have the promotion register, which it did.  I got the pop-up about unlocks and it said i had 2 to use.  I chose the DAO and the L85.  Why would I get 2 unlocks for a promotion.  I had never gotten a pop-up telling me I had one un-used all during my time as a corporal.  The only time i got a pop-up was with the SF thing and I had 2 available then that i used on the F2000 and the SCAR-L in addition to the G3 I had already unlocked.

oh, well they all show up in game so I guess it was as it was intended.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top