Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 10:00:13 AM EDT
bf-news.de/index.php?go=artikel&sid=14056
Lots of new toys in this expansion.  FNSCAR(both 7.62 and 5.56!), FN2000, MP7, RPGs and so much more.

They actually have terrorist in this version too!

Also, for some reason they added the Soviet under water gun, the APS.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 11:07:02 AM EDT
[#1]
To quote some time honored friends....

"FUCK HK!"
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Why would they add that when you can't go underwater?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I want the hummer mounted TOW in BF2
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone feel like this stuff should have been in the ORIGINAL game!?!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#5]
yea but it looks like itll be more fun now! I can return to my squid status and be a seal
woooohoooo

ETA  I used to be an et in the navy FYI.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#6]
it kinda annoys me that i have to pay extra for a few new guns and trucks.
i wonder why they have the underwater guns?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:31:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Since they are adding a underwater gun and a spear gun, I'm assuming that you will be able to swim underwater in the game at some point.

A few things on my "WTF? List"
- Crossbow?? I can just see it now.. people with crossbows trying to take out tanks.
- Forklift?? We going to pick up the enemy and drop them?
- US SEAL - Is it just me that his head looks about 2 sizes too small for his body?? Not to
mention he looks lame

Cool things..
- Apache - Yes! My favorite heli.. that canon on front should rip tanks and armor apart quicker.
- Hind - While an ugly heli... it has stingers on board.. nice feature to protect yourself
- Hummer with TOW - Now they might stand a change against some armor.

I, like most people, are scratching their heads as to why either a) This was all included in the original game... or b) Why they haven't fixed the flawed stuff before coming out with something new.

-d
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:53:49 AM EDT
[#8]
They need a co-op with bots for LAN parties.

Is that included in the add-on? So far BF2 has been the worst game I've played in awhile.

Av.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Is that included in the add-on? So far BF2 has been the worst game I've played in awhile.

Not that I am aware of. Why do you think it is the worst game you've played?

There is a mod out there that will add bots to LAN games. I do not remember the name of it or if it really works or not. Just that I saw it on a BF2 website.

-d
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not that I am aware of. Why do you think it is the worst game you've played?

There is a mod out there that will add bots to LAN games. I do not remember the name of it or if it really works or not. Just that I saw it on a BF2 website.

-d

Without LAN play it's crap. I don't play online - ever - and the single player sucks. Not a whole lot of maps, limited weapons, dumb AI. Same type of gametype, no way to modify the single player game (differnet play times, number of bots, etc).

Not what I was expecting for $50. I never played the first Battlefield, but all I heard was how great this one was, so I picked it up. Last time I'll trust the gaming sites.

I was expecting a UT 2004 multiplayer game. Multiple game types and great co-op games.

Av.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:25:30 PM EDT
[#11]
There IS a way to play the larger maps via LAN/ with bots/ and in COOP play.

Check out the BF2 forums to see how to do it. I'll provide a link to it, the next time I see the thread.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:45:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is some of the info:

Creating an Offline account, if you plan to have a LAN game without internet access.
1) Manage accounts
2) Create Account ==> Accept Terms
3) [Single Player Tab]
4) Player name ==> Create Account

Now when you start BF2 without internet access, it may take several minutes before the Player ID screen comes up. When it does, click the single player ID to play offline.

Creating LAN game with BOTs:
1) Get the Host to start a local LAN game. Map doesn't matter at this point.
2) Get the other computer(s) to go to join LAN IP address of the Host and click but NOT JOIN the server.
3) Have the Host server quit and start a single player map of choice.
4) Have all people then click JOIN for the server and viola, LAN with bots

There are ways to play the larger maps, unlock all the weapons, and to increase the # of BOTs for single player games. Just have to edit some files.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:25:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I want the hummer mounted TOW in BF2

BIG +1
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:29:05 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Lots of new toys in this expansion.  FNSCAR(both 7.62 and 5.56!), FN2000, MP7, RPGs and so much more.

So this will be an add on for the exsisting game? These new "toys" will be added to the maps? If so very cool.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:18:22 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So this will be an add on for the exsisting game? These new "toys" will be added to the maps? If so very cool.

From what I understand, it will be an addon to the game, not a patch. So only maps that have been designed to use these items, will have them available. Thus, probably some new maps out.

-d
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#16]

b) Why they haven't fixed the flawed stuff before coming out with something new.

Agreed.  We have the game setup on a server in my office.  I haven't had time to play it yet, but some of my coworkers have spent dozens of hours each playing.  All I hear from them are complaints about bugs in the game.  I've watched over their shoulder when they've shot a guy with a red name then they were punished for a teamkill.  I've seen an engineer repairing a vehicle with the wrench that was punished for "team vehicle damage."   I've seen very often people intentionally teamkill themselves to take points from their teammates.  What's the point of the game when you can do everything right, but your score keeps going negative?

Also, their anti-aimbot "feature" would drive me nuts.  I know why they do it, especially since I wrote the second one that came-out for Quake, but it needs to work better or they should just disable it.  Having the game suddenly and unexpectedly change the direction you're looking ruins the game.z
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

b) Why they haven't fixed the flawed stuff before coming out with something new.

Agreed.  We have the game setup on a server in my office.  I haven't had time to play it yet, but some of my coworkers have spent dozens of hours each playing.  All I hear from them are complaints about bugs in the game.  I've watched over their shoulder when they've shot a guy with a red name then they were punished for a teamkill.  I've seen an engineer repairing a vehicle with the wrench that was punished for "team vehicle damage."   I've seen very often people intentionally teamkill themselves to take points from their teammates.  What's the point of the game when you can do everything right, but your score keeps going negative?

Also, their anti-aimbot "feature" would drive me nuts.  I know why they do it, especially since I wrote the second one that came-out for Quake, but it needs to work better or they should just disable it.  Having the game suddenly and unexpectedly change the direction you're looking ruins the game.z

Yeah, the vehical TKs are the only real issue the game has atm, and its supposed to be patched(along with a bunch of other stuff) very soon.  Ohh yeah, and the damn grenade launchers.  I swear to god, it pisses me off beyond belief when I see a noob hit me with one 5 feet away from me killing me but not him.

And what are yout alking about some anti aimbot feature?  There is no such thing that spins you around in the game.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

And what are yout alking about some anti aimbot feature?  There is no such thing that spins you around in the game.

well the grenade doesnt arm till about 15-30yards... in real life.. so you CAN shoot someone with it close up without killing yourself.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top