Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/15/2004 9:16:54 PM EST
anybody here play it? haven't played AA but BF1942 w/ the DC mod is excellent.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 9:19:08 PM EST
I 've played it extensively. It's very fun. Has some quirks, but still very fun.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 9:21:45 PM EST
where do you feel it is quirky?
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 9:25:33 PM EST
We play nearly everyday after work on the work computers and one of my co-workers likes to take the jets and kamakazi them into the tanks. Well, we have learned that the Bradleys are impervious to this. The jets hit them, explode and the Bradleys drive away with very slight damage.

There are a few other inconsistencies in the game. But, for the most part it's a very fun game.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 10:17:13 PM EST
was not aware of that, thanks ;)
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:20:18 AM EST
It can be annoying when spawns suddenly start getting spammed by a giant AC130 flying around overhead shelling everything in existance because the other team controls all spawn points so you have no choice but to spawn at the main base and take it like a dirty rat.

Or same thing happening with SCUD missles coming in and spamming the spawn.

I used to be a pretty good pilot for the Apache and the SU25 as well as decent infantry. Haven't played it in a good 2-3 months though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:08:53 PM EST
I personally think it's better than the official game.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 3:17:46 PM EST
With the C130, you can fly behind it and shoot the gunners thru the back ramp. But they can also take you out with stingers.

I think the Forgotten Hope mod is better, it's a "realistic" WW2 mod
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:39:57 PM EST

Originally Posted By tankmonkey:
With the C130, you can fly behind it and shoot the gunners thru the back ramp. But they can also take you out with stingers.

+1,000
Much beter! wolfgaming.net runs one of the best FH servers at the time
if i play DC its ether DCR or DCX
also Silent Hereos is a fun mod kind of odd story line (sweeden vs norway)
Eve Of Destruction is a lot beter then BFV
Battle Group 42 is a more arcady ver of FH
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:50:19 PM EST
I played DC for a long time in leagues but got burned out on it. I thought it was far better than Bf42 though.
I never played Forgotten Hope, was not interested in another WW2 game at the time. In what ways is it better?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:52:21 PM EST
This mod is better than the original game.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:53:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By Atencio:
I played DC for a long time in leagues but got burned out on it. I thought it was far better than Bf42 though.
I never played Forgotten Hope, was not interested in another WW2 game at the time. In what ways is it better?

well it adds weapons so the contrys have the weapons that they developed in the war, eg in a Germany vs poland game germany will have panzer II's and towed flack 88's, poland will have armored tractors and vickers tanks, and the infantry weapons are limited to K98's and MG34/BREN and ATR's with the germans geting some sub-guns that you can pick up, and there are almost no maps with bazokas you need to find a ammo crate with them in it, i will add more about the tanks later.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:09:45 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:14:58 PM EST
DC is ok, a bit too run-n-gun for my tastes...

Basically, my big beef is that all the missiles are dumb-fire... Even systems like TOW & Sidewinder that should seek...

That, and the jets have AAMs for ground strike weapons...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 7:22:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By Dave_A:
DC is ok, a bit too run-n-gun for my tastes...

Basically, my big beef is that all the missiles are dumb-fire... Even systems like TOW & Sidewinder that should seek...

That, and the jets have AAMs for ground strike weapons...

You should give DCX a try. www.dcxtended.com/
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 9:27:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By sick:

Originally Posted By tankmonkey:

+1,000
Much beter! wolfgaming.net runs one of the best FH servers at the time
if i play DC its ether DCR or DCX
also Silent Hereos is a fun mod kind of odd story line (sweeden vs norway)
Eve Of Destruction is a lot beter then BFV
Battle Group 42 is a more arcady ver of FH

what is dcr?
Top Top