Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/24/2005 10:23:59 PM EDT
Just ran a house fire earlier today.......definitely not good for the family who owned the house! Imagine a fire burning for quite some time inside your closed up home before a neighbor notices smoke coming from an upstairs window. I was first through the door with the nozzle...could barely see...after the fire was knocked down our crews started finding the dogs. There were four...the puppy looked the most viable so a cop and one of our guys tried ventilations to no avail. Imagine losing just about everything inside your home on Christmas Eve and your 4 dogs!!!! We're a pretty busy department and the calls fade from the memory pretty quick, but this is one of those calls that will stick in the memory for sure.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:41:26 PM EDT
Wow I feel really sorry for that family. and for the pets .
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:41:29 PM EDT
Made a similar call two years ago--good news was nobody was home and only possessions were damaged and lost. Stay safe and Merry Christmas. Just glad I'm off this year.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:42:43 PM EDT
Wow, that sucks...
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:54:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2005 10:58:40 PM EDT by diversmith]
Tealgunner...glad you have it off this year! It's my first day of a 72...working Christmas for a guy that has kids. Monday is a payback for hours I owe a guy on C shift. And our shift works New Years Eve too...oh well! To top it off, looks like I'll get mandatoried on New Years Day also...we have a couple of guys off on injury right now and the list of people on the sign-up sheet is a REAL short one for that day! I guess that's why people love us Firemen!!!! Always there when they need us
Top Top