Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 8/27/2004 10:15:54 AM EST
Hey guys, do any of you have problems with your BDU's Shrinking? I want to order some today, but am hesitant about the length.

I wear a normal 32" length and the "Regular" sized BDU's are 32.5 inches long. Well after I wash them a few times they get so short I can barely tuck them in my boots

What Would ARFCOM Do?

Option 1) Start hang drying my BDU's
Option 2) Get the longer BDU's (they are 35.5 inches long)
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:26:05 AM EST

Originally Posted By GC456:
Hey guys, do any of you have problems with your BDU's Shrinking? I want to order some today, but am hesitant about the length.

I wear a normal 32" length and the "Regular" sized BDU's are 32.5 inches long. Well after I wash them a few times they get so short I can barely tuck them in my boots

What Would ARFCOM Do?

Option 3) Tannerite!
Option 4) Do both!
Option 5) Stretch 'em out with a spreader bar
Option 6) Leaving them outside the boots breaks up the silhouette of your feet, so it's more tactical, nto to mention saving on polishing time....
Option 7) Using an X-acto knife and some rubbing alcohol, carefully slice a hunk out of each heel....
Option 8) Set up an account as AR15Hottie, and tack the pants to the thread. They'll get stretched (along with a few other things)
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:28:10 AM EST
Hell yea, all my clothes are shrinking! Back in college I wore size 29 waist and now I cant fit into anything less than 34!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:29:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/27/2004 10:30:32 AM EST by GC456]

Originally Posted By Brisk322:

What Would ARFCOM Do?

Option 3) Tannerite!
Option 4) Do both!
Option 6) Leaving them outside the boots breaks up the silhouette of your feet, so it's more tactical, nto to mention saving on polishing time....
Option 7) Using an X-acto knife and some rubbing alcohol, carefully slice a hunk out of each heel....
Option 8) Set up an account as AR15Hottie, and tack the pants to the thread. They'll get stretched (along with a few other things)

I think this is the thread you were looking for www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=268322
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:37:47 AM EST

What Would ARFCOM Do?

Option 3) Tannerite!
Option 4) Do both!

I think this is the thread you were looking for www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=268322

Well, you asked what ARFCOM would do...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:41:28 AM EST

What Would ARFCOM Do?

Option 3) Tannerite!
Option 4) Do both!

Well, you asked what ARFCOM would do...

Well I guess I asked the question wrong!

OK... how about this.......

Hey guys, how do I properly resolve my Shrinking BDU problem with out resorting to any type of destruction to life, limb, or property?

P.S. I'm sure someone will still screw this up
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:45:25 AM EST
Okay, serious answer, seriously.

My BDU's are for recreational purposes (I volunteer as a camp counselor, think "counselor hunt", exercise left to the reader).

I wear a 30" inseam. I have 35" BDU pants. It just means I need to be more exact when tucking them into the boots, and there's a little more in the boots.

If they're WAY too long, you can always hem them, and include some elastic in the cuff. I don't know if this meets military regulations and such, but it would work.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:49:02 AM EST
Thanks

My problem is when they start shrinking the BDU's pull out of my boots, thats how much they shrink

But when I first get them they are fine... I just think I need to start letting them Drip dry, and not run them in the dryer any more.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:17:59 AM EST

Thanks

My problem is when they start shrinking the BDU's pull out of my boots, thats how much they shrink

But when I first get them they are fine... I just think I need to start letting them Drip dry, and not run them in the dryer any more.

or try a lower heat setting...
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:31:46 AM EST
Get a "L" length move out....
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:46:14 AM EST
They do shrink if you dry the hell out of them. I think that the cheaper brands shrink worse. Also I have ordered BDU pants with Long legs and had them shrink up shorter than some of my regular leg pants. Spend a little extra and get quality BDU's they will last longer and fade less.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:13:39 PM EST
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 12:19:59 PM EST
When I was in the service my size was 32"x32". What I did was buy regular-regular BDU's. They were a little bagggy at first but after a couple of washing they would shrink enough to be perfect. The smaller size would work until I took a knee then the leg would be out of my boot.
Top Top