Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/25/2002 12:30:02 PM EDT
I have a hankering for a GOOD batch of beef BBQ ribs. I've never made my own and was wondering how the residents here make um. So if you'd be so kind.....post your recipe for me. Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 12:51:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Call Angelo's in Ft Worth, TX and find out.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Call Angelo's in Ft Worth, TX and find out.
View Quote

Better yet, try "Johnny Rivers" in Orlando! [:P]
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Why would you ever want to cook BBQ BEEF ribs?  Hell, if it ain't pork it ain't worth BBQing!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why would you ever want to cook BBQ BEEF ribs?  Hell, if it ain't pork it ain't worth BBQing!
View Quote

While this does not answer the question, I MUST agree with Flash!  Beef ain't fer BBQ!!!  That said, I couldn't even begin to tell you anything about "beef bbq".  BUT, if you or anyone wants me to slap some hints your way on PORK SPARE RIBS, and I am the undisputed cham-peen 'round here on those, I'd be happy to!!!   Mmmmmmm.......pork!!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Take 25 pounds of PORK spare ribs. Cut into two rib sections. Place ribs in large pot of water. Put 10-12 bay leaves and 1/2 cup black pepper into pot. Bring ribs to boil, then cover and simmer for 2 hours. Drain ribs, place ribs in five gallon bucket, add 1/2 gallon of pineapple juice and 1 gallon of barbecue sauce (I prefer Bullseye Western Style), fill remainder of bucket with water.

Refrigerate until ready to cook and serve. Only takes a few minutes on each side since they are already cooked. Cook over coals or heated lava rocks. Add more BBQ sauce to your liking.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 6:53:58 PM EDT
[#8]
The only way to effectively prepare award winning BBQ ribs is to smoke them in a water smoker. Anything less is no acceptable.

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#9]
OK, now that the real BBQers have captured this posting from those yankees who want to cook beef....

Go buy some good quality babyback PORK ribs.

If you don't already have one go buy a smoker with an offset firebox.

If you can get enough hickory wood start a fire and raise the temperature to about 220.  If you can't get enough hickory wood then use charcoal  bricks and hickory chips that have been soaked in water.  If you can't find the hickory chips feed the raw ribs to your dog and forget about it.  Don't bother with applewood or cherrywood.  It ain't worth the bother.  Oak is the only thing accepatble if you don't have hickory.

After the temperature has stabilized put the ribs in the cooker and cook for about three hours.  Be sure to tend the fire appropriately.  Do not coat the ribs with anything or use a rub because it will effect the hickory smoke absorbing into the meat.

After they have smoked for about three or four hours take them out and wrap them in Aluminum foil.  Put some pepper on at this time.  Put the wrapped ribs either in the oven at 250 degrees or back on the grill for another 2-3 hours.  This will make them real tender and maintain the hickory flavor.

Just before you are ready to serve un-wrap them and coat them with your favorite BBQ sauce.  I prefer KC Masterpiece or sometimes I make my own.

Put the coated ribs on a very hot gas grill for a few minutes and sear them nicely.

Serve them hot off the grill.
Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:11:55 PM EDT
[#10]
You got it Flash66 but you gave too much away. Let em' all keep boiling out the flavor.

[flame][:D]

Link Posted: 6/25/2002 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#11]
1.PORK
2. Coat with mustard
3. Use marinade recipe from barbecuen.com
4tbsp garlic pwdr
2tbsponion pwdr
2 tbsp paprica
1.tbsp pepper
1 tbsp salt
Link Posted: 6/26/2002 4:33:50 PM EDT
[#12]
BenDover

Actually the silly post on boiling the ribs gave me an  idea.

After smoking the ribs for three or four hours you could put them in a bag and cover them with a real sweet sauce.  Pineapple juice mixed with and Bullseye wouldn't be too bad.  KC Masterpiece mixed with apricot jelly or some brown sugar would probably be better.  Let them chill in the refrig over night and then cook them wrapped in foil the next day.  Put them on a hot grill to sear just before serving.

Letting them sit overnight would add a deep sweet taste to the hickory flavor.

Maybe one weekend when I've had a little too much to drink I'll give it a try.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top