Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2013 11:30:45 AM EDT

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 11:33:42 AM EDT
What a load of horseshit.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 12:06:45 PM EDT
Interesting documentary. However there were several factual errors.

Che Guevara was not introduced to Marxisim in Mexico. As a child he was a big reader, some of his favorites including Marx, Brave New World, and many other books on social and political theory (I can't remember his favorite reading list verbatim). In fact, the CIA document on him mentions that "he is very intellectual for a Latino". However he was not actually a pure Argentinian, his father was Irish.

He do not believe he worked in a hospital in Mexico City. I've got several of his books, and in one I seem to remember him mentioning that he and several other exiles were unemployed and working day jobs prior to the Cuban Revolution.

Che did not want to end all contact with the United States. Che's original plan was to turn Cuba into an agrarian superpower, which they would use the revenue from to build manufacturing industry and a national merchant marine fleet. He had the idea that Cuba should become a rival contender in the Capitalist marketplace.

Also Che means "dude" or "guy". Not Comrade. But other than those points, good film, thanks for posting!
Top Top