Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2006 6:30:24 AM EDT
BBC NEWS
Four arrested after gun killings
Four people have been arrested by police after two men were shot dead at a pub in Greater Manchester.

Two other men were injured at the Brass Handles pub in Edgehill Close, Salford, on Sunday. They are in hospital under police guard.

Four local men, in their early 20s, were being questioned by Greater Manchester Police on Monday.

The pub, in Pendleton, was packed with fans watching the Manchester United game on television.

The names of the two victims have not been released.

Officers carried out door-to-door inquiries on Sunday night and began examining CCTV footage.

Shootings as serious as this are very, very rare
Supt Leor Giladi
Greater Manchester Police

The two injured men were taken in a car to Hope Hospital in Salford.

George Martin, 27, manager of Coral bookmaker's 100yds from the pub, said he heard the shots on Sunday.

"There were a few people in the shop. They ran out and they saw two people on the floor and a car driving away recklessly.

"I'm very shocked, but it will be business as usual this morning."

The pub, and nearby roads, are sealed off for forensic examinations.

Extra patrols

Supt Leor Giladi, of Greater Manchester Police, said: "We have spoken to an awful lot of people in the pub. It is a frightening experience.

"It is a concern for the community at large but... there will be extra police patrols.

"Shootings as serious as this are very, very rare."

An incident room has been set up at Pendleton police station and anyone with information should call 0161 856 5448 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/1/hi/england/manchester/4800506.stm

Published: 2006/03/13 13:48:41 GMT

© BBC MMVI
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 6:38:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess I'll do it first:

I call BS on this story, guns are illegal in the UK
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top