Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2012 9:48:18 AM EDT
Curious about some businesses BBB ratings, for example from the link, this car dealership has been in business for many, many years and just joined in March, got 1 compliant already.

Do businesses sometimes cancel their BBB membership, then change names to reset their original bad ratings?

http://www.bbb.org/centralohio/business-reviews/auto-dealers-new-cars/liberty-chrysler-jeep-dodge-ram-in-pataskala-oh-28001222/

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#1]
BBB is a total scam.

Pay their blackmail money and they will withhold and or remove bad ratings.

Stop paying and they let them through.

Nothing more than a big blackmail system.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

BBB is a total scam.

i was thinking it's like Yelp.com also. Pay to play.

I found 3 listed addresses in various forms, make me wonder...

1. Liberty Dodge Chrysler Jeep

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#3]
BBB is fucking worthless. I complained on a guy; His response was insulting, full of obvious lies, and full of personal attacks... He still has an "A" Rating.

You can get some traction against car dealerships sometimes, but the ratings are a joke as is the BBB.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:49:52 AM EDT
[#4]
BBB is a scam don't trust it either way.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
BBB is a scam don't trust it either way.

They and Dunn & Bradstreet are always sending solicitations to my business wanting me to register/join for a "small fee". No thanks.

I don't need ratings agencies and intermediaries to "help" me. If I screw someone it hurts my local rep so I don't screw people.
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
BBB is a total scam.

This. See below:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/business-bureau-best-ratings-money-buy/t/story?id=12123843
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:02:09 AM EDT
[#7]
seeing how you brought up a dealership, I recommend reading the dealerrater.com reviews for a good chuckle

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
BBB is a total scam.

This. See below:

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/business-bureau-best-ratings-money-buy/t/story?id=12123843

Yep, my moving company had a c- rating with them due to two complaints, both of which were resolved. They told me if I became a member that would raise my score to an A.

I told them to go fuck their mothers.

BBB is dying and they know it, nobody relies on it anyways. No one looks at a companies BBB rating until they were already unhappy.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 11:10:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Happy people don't file complaints.

Just sayin'

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 12:10:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BBB is a total scam.

This. See below:

Yep, my moving company had a c- rating with them due to two complaints, both of which were resolved. They told me if I became a member that would raise my score to an A.

I told them to go fuck their mothers.

BBB is dying and they know it, nobody relies on it anyways. No one looks at a companies BBB rating until they were already unhappy.

Angielist.com - how about this one, worse?

I know you have to be a member to view ratings also which is BS.

Link Posted: 7/4/2012 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#11]
BBB is total BS. I had engine work done years ago and the company had the highest BBB rating. Needless to say, afterall the troubles I had it should had been a F with a warning to run away. The company kept changing owners within the same family to avoid legal issues and they kept paying for their good BBB rating.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top