Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 7:23:12 PM EDT

I posted this a year or so ago but here it is again in case anyone is interested.

BARAKA

Following previous DVD releases, in 2007 the original 65 mm negative was re-scanned at 8K (a horizontal resolution of 8192 pixels) with equipment designed specifically for Baraka at FotoKem Laboratories. The automated 8K film scanner, operating continuously, took more than three weeks to finish scanning more than 150000 frames (taking approximately 12-13 seconds to scan each frame), producing over 30 terabytes of image data in total. After a 16-month digital intermediate process, including a 96 kHz/24 bit audio remaster by Stearns for the DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack, the superior result was finally re-released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in October, 2008. Project supervisor Andrew Oran says this remastered Baraka is "arguably the highest quality DVD that's ever been made".[1] Chicago Sun-Times critic Roger Ebert describes the Blu-ray release as "the finest video disc I have ever viewed or ever imagined."[2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen it and I like it. It's relaxing and I highly recommend it after a hard day of killing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:30:21 PM EDT
[#2]
You sure it has nothing to do with Baraka Obama?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll check it out at work tomorrow.    I love Koyaanisqatsi.

Beautiful cinematograpy and music.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:38:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Impressive, thank you for posting this.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#5]
One of THE coolest movies ever made.

Didn't care for the chicken scene though...bit of a buzzkill in an otherwise beautiful movie.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 2:43:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll check it out at work tomorrow.    I love Koyaanisqatsi.

Beautiful cinematograpy and music.

I'm happy this came out on DVD,had a worn out VHS copy from the 80's

Koyaanisqatsi is underated in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:01:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Pretty cool.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top