Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/7/2002 11:46:56 AM EST
[url=www.sierratimes.com/02/07/07/arjg070702.htm]Ammo sales at the Phoenix gun show virtually eliminated?[/url] Sierra Times Report Published 07. 7. 02 at 13:16 Sierra Time Heads up to all who support gun show freedom and gun rights everywhere. Ammo sales at the Phoenix gun show this weekend (July 6 & 7) and at all future shows may be virtually eliminated if the Arizona State Fire Marshall Inspectors office has its way. They have announced that only a total of 25,000 primers or loaded rounds will be allowed in the building at one time, claiming the fire code restriction on the number of primers under one roof applies. However, he is grossly mis-interpreting the regulation which specifically exempts complete, loaded ammunition from the restriction on primers. (See exemption 4 of Article 77, Section 7701 of the Uniform Fire Code) As anyone who has attended a gun show will understand, 25,000 rounds total for a show is the same as nothing. One vendor brings several hundred thousand rounds. Due to a request from the AZ Govorner's office, the Crossroads show this weekend July 6&7 will proceed as before without the new restriction, however the Fire Marshall Inspectors office will be conducting multiple ammunition inventories each day to determine future gun show regulations. Please contact the Deputy State Fire Marshall Inspector and respectfully request that the Fire Marshalls office investigate the difference between a primer and a loaded cartridge and apply the code AS IT IS WRITTEN - exempting loaded ammo. Contact info is as follows: Arizona Deputy State Fire Inspector Steve Alley 99 E. Virginia, Suite 100 Phoenix, AZ 85004 602-255-4964 office 602-255-4961 fax Inspector Melle (Asst Deputy State Fire Inspector, supposedly the one who initiated this draconian restriction, with support of his boss, Steve Alley) He is at the same address and phone number. When you call or fax please be courteous and request that the law be followed and the code applied as written, allowing the sale of small arms ammunition.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 11:57:06 AM EST
The folks at the Phx show this weekend have already figured a way around this... They sold all case lots as a pick up item... You paid inside and presented your receipt at the ammo truck in the parking lot to pick up your ammo from there... Worked great.. No carrying it around or even from the building to the parking lot...[:)]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 12:07:14 PM EST
The Vietnam War Hero REPUBLICAN Senator John McCain will been informed of the exploitation of this loophole.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 12:13:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: The Vietnam War Hero REPUBLICAN Senator John McCain will been informed of the exploitation of this loophole.
View Quote
Too much time in captivity and too much heat has warped his brain...
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:25:13 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 2:25:41 PM EST
We thank you, Mr.Revere...ooops, I mean Imbro* for the warning.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 2:54:55 PM EST
I can already see McCain doing more gunshow tv adds here in Colo. Asswipe mind your own states business
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 8:49:44 AM EST
It wasn't a bad gun show. I just picked up my ammo on the way out. The vender i buy from just left it in his trailer. So i took my receipt and picked up my ammo in the parking lot.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:44:03 AM EST
You guys that attended that show should pitch a fit with the show organizer, and contact the State Fire Marshal's office, as stated in the article. Don't let some idiot distort the law to make himself feel important. If the vendors are leaving their ammo out in the parking lot, they must have someone hanging around the trailer to service the clients. An additional employee to pay for out of the ammo profits. Prices go up. What are you going to do when they decide to enforce this interpretation on gun shops throughout the state? Twenty five cases of ammo is small potatoes to most gun shops.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:55:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By Imbroglio: The Vietnam War Hero REPUBLICAN Senator John McCain will been informed of the exploitation of this loophole.
View Quote
... whos side you on?
Top Top