Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2003 4:44:37 PM EDT
I have seen several different commercials for this movie. It stars Bill Bob Thronton, & while it appears to be quite base, I have laughed at every commercial. It is just so wrong! But it's probably a lot more realistic than most of the Santa type movies.
Have any of ya'll seen any of the promo's?
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:16:29 PM EDT
[#1]
saw the previews and a must for the holidays. Just gut busting
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you guys kidding?  That movie looks like shit.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#3]
"Elf" looks better than that. Besides, BB Thorton is a moron.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#4]
IMNSHO, this movie looks freakin stupid!
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Might be worth a $ at the $ video when it comes out.  Doubt I would pay to see it at the theatre.

Could be some good laughs hidden in there with the garbage.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are you guys kidding?  That movie looks like shit.

No,"I" wasn't kidding. I did laugh at the commercials. I won't go see it, as I don't partake of movies that are bassed on base comedy.
I would be willing to bet the funnist scenes are those in the commercials, as per any comedy.
Funny yes, base yes, go see it? NOPE!
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:14:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I just hope its not like most movies where the 30 second commerical contains the only funny parts of the 2 hour movie.
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Drudge is a prig, but check out these advance quotes from Disney's latest movie

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SUN NOV 16, 2003 19:06:25 ET XXXXX

DISNEY'S NEW SANTA: DRINKS, ROBS, SWEARS AND HAS SEX

**Exclusive**

Top DISNEY executives continue to grow more and more disillusioned by subsidiary studio MIRAMAX, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned, this time over a controversial interpretation of a post-modern Santa Claus!

Just weeks after releasing Quentin Tarantino's shock-samuri-slasher KILL BILL, the DISNEY family will distribute a twisted update of Miracle On 34th Street, BAD SANTA, featuring Santa Claus as you've never seen him before!

MORE

Santa Claus, played by Billy Bob Thornton, is shown, drinking, sexing and robbing his way through the holidays.

One shock scene from the movie, set for release Thanksgiving week:

Santa says to a barmaid: "I'm an eating, drinking, f**king Santa Claus!"

"Prove it!" answers the barmaid.

Cut to barmaid having sex with Santa in his car outside of the bar: "F**k me, Santa! F**k me, Santa!"
Link Posted: 11/16/2003 7:04:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I can say for sure they didn't show that in the commercials! Like I said, I won't ever be seeing it. Just the commercial's for a short time frame. Now excuse me for a moment that scene discription made me a little ill.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 4:49:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Reading about stuff like this makes me glad we don't watch TV anymore in our house.....
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 6:41:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Elf is quite good.  

We took our 7 year old daughter to see it last week and we also enjoyed it.  Of course it has its somewhat sappy holiday story, but the humor is definitely there.  Will Ferrell does an excellent job as Buddy the Elf.
Link Posted: 11/17/2003 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll definitely pass....
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:43:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh man that movie is soooo funny!
I just saw it and laughed the whole time and continued laughing all the way home.
I never laughed in a theater at a so-called comedy flick until tonight.
AHHH HA HA HA HA HA
HA HA HA HA HA!
I'm still laughing
because of a scene
where Bad Santa teaches
a kid how to defend himself
from bullies.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:49:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh...
BTW ...
the commercials are lame.
They made me want to pass because
drunk Santa skits are about as original and shocking these days as pregnant nun costumes on Halloween.
Then I read the reviews at Rotten Tomatoes
and changed my mind.

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 7:52:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I saw the movie and I can tell you,  it really is a piece of shit.

Some of the things that are supposed to be funny are out of a bad b movie.

It really sucked,  they used curse words to get a laugh,  well,  after the 300th curse word,  it wasn't funny anymore.

The gimic to see Santa curse and drink got old really quick and the movie did nothing to make up for that.

So in other words,  I give it a half a star.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:03:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Santa says to a barmaid: "I'm an eating, drinking, f**king Santa Claus!"
View Quote

Nope, that wasn't the line. Try actually VIEIWING the movie vice some JACKASS' comments (who apparently didn't see the movie either based on that horseshit review).

The movie's detractors are FULL OF SHIT. I saw an interview with Bernie Mac the other day where he commented on this "disillusionment" on the part of Disney. He said Disney knew about everything all along, REVIEWED the script PRIOR to authorizing it, and offered full support in the promotion of this movie. This "disillusionment" bullshit is just that -- BULLSHIT. It's a publicity stunt on the part of Disney to drum up ticket sales for the movie.

The movie is FUNNY AS HELL!!! Anyone who says otherwise is either a MORON or devoid of humor.

Marcus: "It just gets worse with you every year. Booze, bullshit, and butt-fucking."

Willie: "The three Bs."
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:15:08 PM EDT
[#17]
dandy wrote: The movie is FUNNY AS HELL!!! Anyone who says otherwise is either a MORON or devoid of humor.
View Quote

You must be easily amused if you thought that pile of steaming shit was funny.

There were no witty jokes in the whole fucking movie.  The parts that were supposed to be funny were Santa cussing, fucking, and drinking.  Ha Ha I guess for about 15 minutes.  After that,  there is no plot,  too much cursing to the point it was just ridiculous, and oh yes,  did I mention they gave us absolutely zero reason to give a shit about the main character????

Fuck that movie,  it sucked,  I feel ripped off after that unfunny piece of shit.

Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

But it's probably a lot more realistic than most of the Santa type movies.
View Quote

Realistic Santa movies??  Like a Documentry on Chris Cringles life or something??
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:33:41 PM EDT
[#19]
You must be easily amused if you thought that pile of steaming shit was funny.

There were no witty jokes in the whole fucking movie. The parts that were supposed to be funny were Santa cussing, fucking, and drinking. Ha Ha I guess for about 15 minutes. After that, there is no plot, too much cursing to the point it was just ridiculous, and oh yes, did I mention they gave us absolutely zero reason to give a shit about the main character????

Fuck that movie, it sucked, I feel ripped off after that unfunny piece of shit.
View Quote

You will most likely be better suited watching Ralph Reed's "Celibacy" than this. It's obvious that the humor AND story were and are WAY beyond your extremely limited grasp.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:01:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But it's probably a lot more realistic than most of the Santa type movies.
View Quote

Realistic Santa movies??  Like a Documentry on Chris Cringles life or something??
View Quote

Yeah, that's the same one you read over and over as a kid. [;D]

[devil]
Link Posted: 12/6/2003 9:30:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Just saw it and laughed almost the whole time.

If it makes any of you feel better there was an old man and his wife that must have been in their 70's that watched it and laughed a lot as well.

You all that think I am easily amused, the theater was full of laughing people.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 2:04:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just saw it and laughed almost the whole time.

If it makes any of you feel better there was an old man and his wife that must have been in their 70's that watched it and laughed a lot as well.

You all that think I am easily amused, the theater was full of laughing people.
View Quote

Took the wife to see it this weekend and it was great. During the boxing scene you couldn't hear what was being said over the people in the theater laughing so loud. "F*ck me, Santa" is going to be a common phrase around here for a while it seems.[;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top