Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 11/3/2009 2:44:37 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 2:45:15 AM EST by DriftPunch]
Doin' it 1981 style! If you've seen it before, a good refresher... If you've never seen it, which I'm sure many younger members haven't, you can thank me later...

Heavy Metal B-17 animated short...

Probably been done before, but not lately...

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:51:40 AM EST
It's been a loooong time since I've seen that film.

Good times.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:16:18 AM EST
On a somewhat related note, don't waste any time with the "sequel" of the classic Heavy Metal called Heavy Metal 2000. After one viewing I returned the DVD to the store for buyback. Besides just having a horrible plot and bad acting it was as if they just slapped on the title to try and get fans of the original to buy it when it had no relevance and hardly any references to the 1981 movie.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:28:47 AM EST
My Girlfriend just bought that movie. It was excellent.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:57:51 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 4:11:04 AM EST by Hoppy]
The first wife and I saw it in the theater when it came out. Just watched it again a couple of weeks ago.

Check out 1972's Fritz the Cat too.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:16:48 AM EST
Originally Posted By RaptorRage:
On a somewhat related note, don't waste any time with the "sequel" of the classic Heavy Metal called Heavy Metal 2000. After one viewing I returned the DVD to the store for buyback. Besides just having a horrible plot and bad acting it was as if they just slapped on the title to try and get fans of the original to buy it when it had no relevance and hardly any references to the 1981 movie.

Thanks, I was wondering if it was worth a viewing or not...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:22:10 AM EST
I've watched this movie right into the ground...great music though the animation was nothing special.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:22:44 AM EST
Man I haven't seen that in years...sure did love it back in the day.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:23:18 AM EST
Originally Posted By DriftPunch:

its not...total garbage even though the magazine pushed it like crack when it came out,it went straight to video.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:25:02 AM EST
Classic movie! Didn't South Park do a tribute to this a while back?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:25:43 AM EST
Best soundtrack ever.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:44:55 AM EST
Originally Posted By WhirlyGirl45:

its not...total garbage even though the magazine pushed it like crack when it came out,it went straight to video.

The crap that I will sit through and enjoy might amaze some folks - I couldn't make it through HM 2000. It was horrible.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:47:07 AM EST

+1

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:50:32 AM EST
Originally Posted By Spearweasel:

The crap that I will sit through and enjoy might amaze some folks - I couldn't make it through HM 2000. It was horrible.
I even liked 'zonetroopers'...I'll watch just about anything too...except FAKK2 which is what thye called heavy metal 2 for some reason.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:56:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By dhmjr40:

yeap. Kenny was getting high by cheesing. every time he did the chick from heavy Metal showed up in rocket powered 79 T/A it was epic!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:12:13 AM EST
Originally Posted By Howie_Phelterbush:

yeap. Kenny was getting high by cheesing. every time he did the chick from heavy Metal showed up in rocket powered 79 T/A it was epic!

The South park episode is why I watched Heavy Metal...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 5:17:13 AM EST

Here toy go.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 2:14:59 PM EST

Originally Posted By Spearweasel:

Yea the movie wasn't that great but they did an okay job on the soundtrack for that one.

Example...

Top Top