Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2004 7:35:20 AM EDT
Somehow, while moving, my monitor screen got scratched.  Does anybody know if there is a way to get them out??  TIA
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:36:24 AM EDT
[#1]
what kind of screen is it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:38:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Regular CRT.  No LCD flatscreen.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:40:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Regular CRT.  No LCD flatscreen.

oh. i don't know.

In fact, i don't know how to fix any computer screen scratches.

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:46:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Join the club.  Neither do I.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Tannerite. Anyway unfortunatly , I think youare out of luck. I doubt you could buff the glass and have it come out right. Maybe you could just get used to it like a crack in a car winshield. Sorry I couldn't help. take care.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Totally off-subject - sorry for the hijack:

Hellboy,

You are a Team Member and could have an avatar - why no cool Hellboy (comic or movie, either way) avatar???  (I mean, you chose that for your screen name and all...)

Just curious.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:31:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm pretty sure you're out of luck, but look here Dan's Data

He answers questions people email him every week or so, and I believe that is addressed once or twice.  You'll just have to look for it a little.   That or you could just email him and ask him.  I asked him a question regarding batteries and he was very helpful.  My question showed up in one of his sets of answered questions eventually too.  He's a very smart guy, give it a try.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:26:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Totally off-subject - sorry for the hijack:

Hellboy,

You are a Team Member and could have an avatar - why no cool Hellboy (comic or movie, either way) avatar???  (I mean, you chose that for your screen name and all...)

Just curious.

A) Because even Computers for dummies is too advanced for me

B) I can't figure out who to beg yet.                                                                            
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:46:21 PM EDT
[#9]
get some alcohol and a q-tip, clean the scratch as well as you can get all the dust and crap...loose pieces out of the way first.  get yourself some clear 2 part epoxy.  mix it up and apply it to the scratch inside the vally of the scratch.  let it rise out of the scratch somewhat above the level of the glass.  before it dry's take a metal putty knife or a box knife razor and scrape off the excess epoxy from the top of the glass.  when it dry's it should be alot better than a deep scratch, and if your lucky, looking at it from a dead on angle you may not even notice it.

second option.....take the monitor outside and blast the crap out of it with your favorite gun, invite some friends, cook some dogs, make it an occasion.  Make sure you've got a sutable replacement before proceding with option number 2 though....

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Option 2 is looking better all the time.  Of all the times not to own a Barrett........................
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#11]
You scratched a glass screen ?  Did you accidentally rub it against your diamond tierra
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:55:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Who told???????????    
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Be glad it wasn't a damn LCD screen. I have a big gash on mine from when It fell off my desk. You can always see it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Given the fact that the CRT is under vacuum I'd be REALLY nervous setting in front of it if the scratch is anything other than *very* superficial.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:31:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Given the fact that the CRT is under vacuum I'd be REALLY nervous setting in front of it if the scratch is anything other than *very* superficial.

Gee thanks.    I feel a lot better knowing that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top