Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2005 9:37:08 PM EDT
I was recently issued a Avon FM12 respirator with a DPF12 canister.  I had a medical screening and was fit tested before being issued the mask.  My question is this.  How long are the filters good for if unopened, and after they are opened.  What will this filter?  What do I need to know about these  

I'm looking into this further, but I thought someone here may know something about this topic.  Mostly I was looking for info at www.ileas.org, but any other help would be great.

Bucky145    

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#1]
If Avon follows the "standard .mil practice" your new, sealed in wrap filters hould be good "on paper" for 5 years (look for an expiration date - no kidding), but, just like MRE's, 5 years to .mil is about 8 in our time.

FM 3-4 states 1 year if open and unused, and no more than 30 days if you're operating in an agent area.

www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/library/policy/army/fm/3-4/CH22.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top