Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 9:06:29 AM EDT
Garmin Streetpilot or Magellan Roadmate series?

I am getting one for the wife.  Any help would be appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Both my friends, and I have had great success using the Garmin products.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:15:46 AM EDT
[#2]
The Road Mate is by far a better unit. I would suggest the one with the built in hard drive that you can load the whole country. If you do any long trips or need to do inner city driving it is great. The only downside to the Road Mate is it needs an outside power source and is designed only for a vehicle. Though if this is your goal then thumbs up.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:17:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Garmin is the better choice.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#4]
My dad has the GPS V by Garmin and is looking to upgrade in the near future.  He is considering the Quest.  A lot less expensive than the streetpilot with almost (or in his case, all) the functionality you need.

Kent
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:47:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys!  Tough decision here.  I have been reading on these two on the Internet and they are both equally good.  I have to go to the store and play with both then I will pick one.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top