Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 3:55:51 AM EDT
Didn't know where to put this. My friend just purchased a 1927 a-1 deluxe. It's basically a semi auto tommy gun. It's a beautiful looking piece if a bit heavy. Does anyone here have any experience with these rifles. The reason I ask is that his jammed constantly. It only had the thirty round stick. The fifty round drum is on the way. The jams were either the bullet pushed kind of sideways into the chamber area or stovepiped coming out. The brass would often be wrecked on the stovepipes from the bolt hitting it. I know that they have a rep for being difficult to cock since they have a very heavy spring from being semi auto.This was true as I found it stiff and I'm no weakiling. I think it may just need several hundred rounds of break in. Overall it is a beautiful rifle. Anyone with any experience please sound off!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 frienda with them 1 with a delux 1  with the Mil version I remember the delux having similar problems that took quite a few rounds to break in to a regular pattern now it runs flawlessly weather 20,30,100 rnd at a time there nice guns quite heavy as noticed
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the deluxe and an M-1 version.

I refinished both when I bought them new as the looked crappy. I even sent the deluxe back cause it seemed to have huge gaps between the reciever halves. They sent it back with a statement that it "was within specs"

The drum jams constantly no matter what you do (also bought it new). The sticks worked well. You can buy the cheaper military mags and just oval out the circular mag catch opening.

Yes the springs are a little hard to cock.

I'm thinking of doing a short barrel on one just for looks.

My overall opinion is they are not worth the money, but I am a gun nut so I'll keep them both
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:10:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm wondering if +p would make these function better?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top