Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2002 7:12:10 AM EDT
Wouldn't you know it? One of those POSs that didn't have the balls to die for his beliefs in Afghanistan, is now threatening his American guards!

[size=4]Camp alert over Hicks[/size=4]
By MICHAEL BEACH in New York  27jan02

AUSTRALIAN Taliban fighter David Hicks has warned his American guards that he will kill one of them before he leaves Guantanamo Bay prison.

Armed soldiers have been on increased alert around Hicks since he made the threat.
"(He) looked at one of my soldiers and said in English, 'Before I leave here, my goal is to kill an American'," Colonel Terry Carrico said.

US Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld revealed this week that a captive had threatened to kill an American soldier, but he did not identify Hicks as the culprit.

But several US politicians -- the first civilians to visit the US base in Cuba, other than Red Cross representatives -- said yesterday military officials had pointed out Hicks to them.

Florida Republican congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen said her tour party -- which included 29 politicians -- stopped outside the cell of "the Australian" who made the threats.

"He was right there, front and centre," she said. "We just gave them all the evil eye."

Ms Ros-Lehtinen said Hicks looked "docile" as he sat on a 2.5cm-thick foam mattress inside his wire mesh cell. None of the politicians spoke to him.

She said some prisoners stared while others ignored them and continued praying.

"They're reading the Koran," she said.

"They're bopping back and forth as they read."

Hicks, 26, is one of 158 prisoners from 25 countries being held at the military base in eastern Cuba.

US interrogators have been interviewing the prisoners since Wednesday to determine what they know about the al-Qaeda terrorist organisation and what role they played in the war in Afghanistan.

Republican congressman Steve Buyer said interrogators were trying to split the prisoners into two groups -- those who should be sent home and those who should remain in captivity.

Northern Alliance troops captured Hicks on December 9 in Afghanistan.

The politicians said international criticism of the prisoners' conditions was unwarranted.

[b]"I think it's too good for the bastards," Florida Republican John Mica said.[/b]

Military officials have postponed bringing a further 270 detainees from Afghanistan until interrogations are complete and more cells are constructed.

[url]http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,3662107%255E661,00.html[/url]

Eric The(JohnMicaIsMyHero!ForThisAndHisConductDuringTheWacoHearings)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]
I know if I were a guard over there, I'd want to keep watch over this guy.....just so I could talk a little shit to him. What's he gonna do, throw a rock? Pray for allah to strike me down?

I kind of think the whole thing is funny, as I'm sure a bunch of the guards do too......
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know if I were a guard over there, I'd want to keep watch over this guy.....just so I could talk a little shit to him. What's he gonna do, throw a rock? Pray for allah to strike me down?

I kind of think the whole thing is funny, as I'm sure a bunch of the guards do too......
View Quote

This a show for the news media, and those news media is eating this BS up. If these prisoners were in a Moslem country, and convicted of the equivalent of treason, they would have had their heads lopped-off and that would be that. The general news media is angling for a human interest story in these killers, at the expense of the Americans.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 9:31:55 AM EDT
[#3]
THe USA is too damn nice.  Thats all I'm going to say.
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Retaliate.

Feed them Spam, withhold the vegemite.

D@mn jailbirds.
Link Posted: 1/28/2002 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#5]
i wanna see this guy step to an MP, to paraphrase their buddy saddam: he'll recieve the mother of all beat-downs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top