7.62 x 51mm 144 Grain
FULL METAL JACKET
F4 BALL - BRASS CASE
BERDAN PRIMED - NON CORROSIVE
LEAD CORE (COPPER JACKET)
MANUFACTURED BY ADI
(Australian Defence Industries)
1990's PRODUCTION)

I have ordered form him in the past and reveived the .308 and it was '90 production.  That's fine with me, his site says 90's production and 1990 is in the '90's

However, I received another shipment today and it is '89 production - that IS NOT '90's production. As long as it fires as well as my last shipment I really don't care.  HOWEVER, his site is misleading, 1989 is not in the 90's last time I looked.

The head stamp is '89 - while the "blister pack" gives a specific date of 16.08.89 - to me that is August 16, 1989 - not sure how he can say '90 production when it's CLEARLY NOT.

Anyone else get this? your thoughts?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:50:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Did you ask him why you got '89?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:52:42 AM EDT
[#2]
WAAAA!!! A whole 5 months earlier. WAAAA!!!
Why don't you ask Ammoman about this instead of coming here and whining???
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:52:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I just got it 10 minutes ago - I am going to contact him ASAP.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Did it fire and was it a good deal? >10 year old ammo is no problem, I've seen people shoot WWII 8mm Mauser ammo out of WWII German 1898 Mauser. Out of a 100 rounds there were 10 duds. I took the duds home, push the bullet down with my load press a tad, pulled the bullets with kinetic hammer, poured the powder out and scattered it in my garden, recycled the cases.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:53:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone else get this? your thoughts?

IMHO, you are picking nits.

To me, there is no appreciable difference between
1989 and 1995 or 2002. There is a HUGE difference
between 1989 and 1962, however.

I think that the Port. surplus .308 is 1960's
production. Therefore, all things being equal,
I'd rather have the 1989 Aussie lot.

eta: SHIT. I wasted 500 on this.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:54:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually, 1990 was the last year of the 1980s just as 2000 was the last year of the 20th century.

Maybe he sends the 1989 stuff to anal retentive whiners and you accidentally were put on that list.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No whinning, as you can read in my thread - As I clearly stated,  I don't care if it's '89 provided it fires, however it is not as he advertised.

If I were to sell you car, on the notion it was a 1990 chevy and you got it and it was 1989 would you scratch your head?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:58:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No whinning, as you can read in my thread - As I clearly stated,  I don't care if it's '89 provided it fires, however it is not as he advertised.

If I were to sell you car, on the notion it was a 1990 chevy and you got it and it was 1989 would you scratch your head?

Good point.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:59:18 AM EDT
[#10]
SFW?

As pointed out there are lots of WWII surplus ammo that still shoots as well as anything made today.  Hell, I've got about 700 rounds of 8mm that still goes *BANG* when I pull the trigger.

Take it up with Eric if you're offended at him missing the date of manufacture by a couple of MONTHS.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't do business with that guy.  Enough said.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:00:31 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Maybe he sends the 1989 stuff to anal retentive whiners and you accidentally were put on that list.  Good luck.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:00:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Strude,

It was a joke.....mean-spirited, insulting, and crude.....but a joke nonethless.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:01:09 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Actually, 1990 was the last year of the 1980s just as 2000 was the last year of the 20th century.

So in effect you are saying that someone who is 40 is still technically in his 30s? Heheheh. Silly MahatmaRicer.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#15]
We are splitting hairs.

Five months with ammo that is BLISTER PACKED???

If it were five decades I might email him. Five months? Not even worth a thread on this forum.

Relax. Eric's not out to screw people.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:05:02 AM EDT
[#16]
This has to be the biggest scandal to ever hit this site!

Jackoff.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:07:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#19]
Ammoman is a great guy, with great service.  I personally would have contacted him FIRST, THEN bitched about it if he didn't help you (however knowing his customer service record, I'm confident he would have helped you out).  Automagically tossing it out in a public forum, without giving the guy a chance to make it right (if it even NEEDS to be made right)?  Bah.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:19:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I believe you guys that are commenting on the quality or shelf life of the ammo are missing the point.

It appears his complaint is the product was not as advertised, the old bait & switch.

If I'm selling 90's production ammo, that means 1990 - 1999. The lucky ones get ammo thats only 5 years old. the unlucky ones could get ammo as old as 15 years old.  But, the worst you can do is 15 year old ammo. Instead he gets ammo thats 16 years old, older that the adverstised range of the ammo.

I'm sure Eric will take the ammo back, and maybe even pay return shipping. That doesnt undo the wasted time the buyer spent ordering the ammo, waiting for the ammo, and returning the ammo though. Time is money, when a product doesnt live up to advertised expectations, the buyer cant get that time/money back.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:21:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Automagically tossing it out in a public forum, without giving the guy a chance to make it right (if it even NEEDS to be made right)?  Bah.

Making it right would be giving the guy 1990's ammo, or changing the website to read 1980's and 90's production.

Are you actually supporting the idea that product descriptions should not be truthfull?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:22:36 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
We are splitting hairs.

Five months with ammo that is BLISTER PACKED???

If it were five decades I might email him. Five months? Not even worth a thread on this forum.

Relax. Eric's not out to screw people.

Relax, no need to relax, I am not un-relaxed I don't think he is out to screw anyone, as far as I can tell.

I am simply pointing out something that is ADVERTISED incorrectly - no more no less.  God forbid I am an observant person.

If you don't like the thread, don't respond to it and it will fade away......
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point.

Um, (*cough*)Bullshit(*cough*).

A 1989 Chevy would have an extra several months worth of wear and tear on it, though I'd take an '89 with 20k miles over a '90 with 100k.  But ammo is not equivalent to an automobile, and the comparison is bogus.  Apple?  Meet Orange.

"Good point" my ass.  It's nitpicking.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:24:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Hey buddy, are you sure you're not dyslexic.  Could it be 98?

The stuff I've seen at shows from this 'batch' was all late '90s.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#26]
hoboy.... god forbid someone get what they paid for.

eta: How does this thread generate this much criticism for being a waste of time or a wasted thread when so many other threads are so much more deserving of the same?
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:25:07 AM EDT
[#27]
This isn't just ammo that has sat around loose.

BLISTER PACKED

That means it's as fresh as the day it left the factory. Five months or five years later.

Point is moot. Move on. If five months means something to you, you're probably better off spending a lot more for commercial ammo.

edited to hopefully de-jerkify myself. This really is a non-topic.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Automagically tossing it out in a public forum, without giving the guy a chance to make it right (if it even NEEDS to be made right)?  Bah.

Making it right would be giving the guy 1990's ammo, or changing the website to read 1980's and 90's production.

Are you actually supporting the idea that product descriptions should not be truthfull?

Boggle?

I'm saying he should have contacted Ammoman FIRST, THEN bitched about it if Ammoman didn't fix it for him.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:25:51 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#30]
My 80's production Aus 308 ammo (Sportsmans Guide) works just fine... Very accurate, esp for surplus...

And while technically it's 'not as advertised', we're talking 5 months and one unit out of a pile of surplus amoo...

Most likely, Ammoman got 90's Aus, and they sent him a little 'older' ammo...

Yeah, maybe he should change his website to say 80s-90s production, but oh well...
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:27:23 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

BLISTER PACKED

That means it's as fresh as the day it left the factory. Five months or five years later.

Point is moot.

Point is product is not as advertised.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:28:34 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I believe you guys that are commenting on the quality or shelf life of the ammo are missing the point.

It appears his complaint is the product was not as advertised, the old bait & switch.

If I'm selling 90's production ammo, that means 1990 - 1999. The lucky ones get ammo thats only 5 years old. the unlucky ones could get ammo as old as 15 years old.  But, the worst you can do is 15 year old ammo. Instead he gets ammo thats 16 years old, older that the adverstised range of the ammo.

I'm sure Eric will take the ammo back, and maybe even pay return shipping. That doesnt undo the wasted time the buyer spent ordering the ammo, waiting for the ammo, and returning the ammo though. Time is money, when a product doesnt live up to advertised expectations, the buyer cant get that time/money back.

EXACTLY my point, thank you sir! - If it fires, and I'm sure it will, then I don't give a rats ass - however it's not as advertised, that's all I am saying.

I don't want to send it back,  I don't want a refund I am simply point out a discrepancy, that's ALL!

By no means is this a thread to bash him, as my post said, he is advertising '90's and I got '89...if his site said '80-'90 I'd still buy it w/o question.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boggle?

I'm saying he should have contacted Ammoman FIRST, THEN bitched about it if Ammoman didn't fix it for him.  

Your statement of "If it even NEEDS to be made right" indicates you dont see anything wrong with advertising a product as something it is not. Clearly the advertisement at least needs to be corrected.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:31:00 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good point.

Um, (*cough*)Bullshit(*cough*).

A 1989 Chevy would have an extra several months worth of wear and tear on it, though I'd take an '89 with 20k miles over a '90 with 100k.  But ammo is not equivalent to an automobile, and the comparison is bogus.  Apple?  Meet Orange.

"Good point" my ass.  It's nitpicking.

Your missing the point.  I'm not debating if the 89 ammo is a good as the 90.  I'm sure it is. The point that he and I are trying to make is that he thought he was getting 90's production, not 80's. Whether it is as good as the other is not the point.  The point is he did not receive what he paid for. I'm sure it is a mistake and will be corrected.  The car example was used to illustrate the point on a larger scale. It may not make that much difference to you but it does to him.  Why not respect that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I just got it 10 minutes ago - I am going to contact him ASAP.

ASAP...AFTER this thread?

BigDozer66

The Aussie I got from another vendor is 1984 production which was a good year for ammo I believe!

If it is Aussie it is all good!

There isn't an expiration date on it!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BLISTER PACKED

Point is moot.

Point is product is not as advertised.

Exactly - I am sure it is fine -  all the people here that keep saying I am fireing ammo from 19-whatever ammo, are not getting my point.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#37]
The point some people are missing that before he seemingly contacted the shipper he goes world-wide with a complaint about 1989 vs. 1990.  I agree, he apparently did not get what was advertised.  But for Pete's sake, act like an adult about it and contact the shipper before you get the rest of your K-4 classmates up early from their naps.

Some people just aren't happy unless they are pissing on someone's leg about how they have been done dirty.  Quit whining and deal with it like an adult....

EDITTED TO AD:  ...in the future.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Exactly - I am sure it is fine -  all the people here that keep saying I am fireing ammo from 19-whatever ammo, are not getting my point.

And you're not getting our point.

You should have contacted the vendor and got him to fix the problem before making a big deal about it on a public forum.

If he refuses to help (which I doubt), then get on the forum and gripe.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#39]
The lawn service guy mowed my lawn today ....

he missed 5 BLADES OF GRASS!!!!

HE SAID HE WOULD MOW THE WHOLE YARD !!!!!

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#40]

This is the first I have heard of blister pack ammo from the 1980s. I thought it was all from the 1990s.

In any case it is a minor issue. Australia is 6 months behind us anyway  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Oh, I think that we get your point. The consensus
seems to be that you should send the ammo back,
use the money to buy some Summer's Eve, and wash
the sand out of your vagina.

Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:38:42 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
The lawn service folks mowed my lawn today ....

he missed 5 BLADES OF GRASS!!!!

HE SAID HE WOULD MOW THE WHOLE YARD !!!!!

Your lawn care guy is not Jesus is it?

Jesus would have taken care of every last thing!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#43]
Pretty cool - this will hit 3 pages soon.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should have contacted the vendor and got him to fix the problem before making a big deal about it on a public forum.

I didn't think this was a big deal until all the acerbic replies began to get posted. It was my perception that the post was a declaration of an event and that the poster was wondering if the same thing had happened to anyone else and lastly if anyone might have any information as to why this might happen. I didn't see any threats or griping or even complaining...just a simple declaration and a couple of simple interrogatories... some of you must beat the living snot out of your kids...

"daddy, my oatmeal is cold"
"you better shut your mouth and stop crying  like a girl you sniveling weenie when I was locked in a bamboo hut by the VC we didn't have any oatmeal and we got electric shock torture 5 times a day. you wanna get zapped with daddy's lawnmower battery again?"

Lastly, I salute all you big bad tough guys out there who have never once uttered a word of displeasure to anyone. My heroes.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:48:25 AM EDT
[#45]
I've got 5 cases if 1984 production - you mean it might not be as good as if it were 1985???

Just kiddin....

Let Eric know that there is a little 1989 mixed in - I'm sure he'll update the site.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't think this was a big deal until all the acerbic replies began to get posted. It was my perception that the post was a declaration of an event and that the poster was wondering if the same thing had happened to anyone else and lastly if anyone might have any information as to why this might happen. I didn't see any threats or griping or even complaining...just a simple declaration and a couple of simple interrogatories... some of you must beat the living snot out of your kids...

"you better shut your mouth and stop crying  like a girl you sniveling weenie when I was locked in a bamboo hut by the VC we didn't have any oatmeal and we got electric shock torture 5 times a day. you wanna get zapped with daddy's lawnmower battery again?"

Lastly, I salute all you big bad tough guys out there who have never once uttered a word of displeasure to anyone. My heroes.

Lighten up, Francis.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WOW, I could not have said it better....Thanks for stating what I had so much trouble saying in type.

At this point I am just reading all the responses that are calling me a girl, to clean out my vigina, etc...

All, I did was state a fact and ask a question if anyone else had seen this and all hell broke loose...oh well.  

ETA - come on guys a few more posts will get me to 3 pages.....
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:53:18 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And thank you, sir, for taking it to a completely absurd extreme.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:53:22 AM EDT
[#49]
In my line of work (legal), we have several tests for misleading advertising and they ALL (every single one of them) require that the seller KNOWINGLY make a misstatement.   They also require a material misrepresentation.   A misrepresentation is material only where it would cause the reasonable purchaser to make a different decision based on the "new" information.   I'm seeing a lot of posts here (and I agree with them) who note that with blister packed surplus ammo, there's not a whif of difference in the 4 month discrepancy.   So unless one could prove that the average purchaser, or even THIS purchaser, would NOT have bought the ammo if it said "1989 through 1999 production", this is a non event.

Finally,this post, especially  the title and the quip from the poster on the page count, seems to have been an exercise in attention whorring.  

The Eagles wrote a pretty good song, (it even bashes lawyers like me) that says "GET OVER IT."

I heartily concur.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Am I the first one to page 3?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top