Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/22/2005 8:51:24 AM EDT
Hey everybody, just wanted to get some info from you. How many of you work in a jail/prison that has a K9 unit on the premesis? The reason I ask is because my CO friend came to me last night and was wondering if I could help him put together a proposal to get a K9 unit on staff. He'd actually like a drug dog and a tracking dog if he could convince the locality to fund it. I wasn't sure where to begin so I'm just trying to guage how many other agencies out there actually have a dog on site. Thanks in advance. MJD
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:00:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:04:34 AM EDT
Will do. Thanks Striker! MJD
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:15:41 PM EDT
Federal down in Miami. No regular K-9, but Dade County and others come in with their dogs on an "irregular" basis to train and when requested. Stay safe
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:33:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:39:04 PM EDT
That's a decent season down here. Living and working in snow/ice would be REAL different for me.
FWIW, I was born in Burlington, VT, but moved at 1 yr old. Skied at Whistler a couple of times, though. Where in Canada are you? I'll ask about a swap, but it'll have to be after hurricane season ... 4 affected us last year and Katrina and Rita have both kept us busy/done some damage so far.
Stay safe
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:49:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:31:13 PM EDT
When needed we have the Provincial Police bring their mutts in....
In 15 years I've never seen those pooches find a goddamn thing...
Does little more than put a bit of a scare into the inmates who may be holding, but 'round here it's usually just weed...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:58:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:15:20 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Striker:

Originally Posted By Girlieman:
Does little more than put a bit of a scare into the inmates who may be holding, but 'round here it's usually just weed...

I bet you hear lots of toilets flushing though!

We used to just shut the water off to the cells.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:10:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By R-32:

Originally Posted By Striker:

Originally Posted By Girlieman:

I bet you hear lots of toilets flushing though!

We used to just shut the water off to the cells.

Yeah... The old "dry cell" trick... what a pain in the ass.
I say let 'em flush it... less paperwork
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:14:59 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:04:20 PM EDT
Here in westchester county n.y. we use the county police drug dog when we do a tactical search operation.Our dept is too cheap to fund our own k-9 so we had to improvise.our union even filed a grivence to shut it down thinking the dept would fund our own k-9 unit but it backfired and they pulled the plug on the whole program for a while ,but has since been re-enstated since the union lost the grievence.its fun to here all the toilets flush when the dog comes in.
Top Top