Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2002 10:59:25 AM EDT
My 3yo Rottweiler was recently diagnosed with hypothyroidism. She was gaining weight even when we would cut her food drastically and increase her exercise. She topped 150# and we took her to the vet. This was about 3 weeks ago. He put her on Thyroxin and we now have a brand new dog. Molly is acting her age again and has lost about 20# in the 3 weeks!
If you have a dog that is gaining weight regardless of all you can do, take the dog to the vet and get their Thyroid levels checked. You will be amazed at the change in your dog.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:11:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Can I use that excuse? Doc, I think it's not the Chicken Fried Steak and Mexican food..it's my thyroid!!!
[img]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/8773/images/PMXdwsCoBQIAAAIxS@Y_8773_4.jpg[/img]

I told her, the gun is the pic...get the gun and the target and the recoil...she got my gut!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:19:48 AM EDT
[#2]
That's good news about your dog!  

As for the guy in the second post.....You have my condolences!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:30:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Good info wiggy.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#4]
jboze,

Your condolences? I thought it was heredity from my Mom's side, combined with a penchant for eating too damn much and working 12 -14 hours a day and not having time to work out?

Glad to know it's a know disease: Condolences?

Guess I better look it up!

I have never photographed so fricking fat! It was joke!
Link Posted: 5/2/2002 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/3/2002 6:35:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Beekeeper1,

Wish I had a dollar for every time I've said that!

As Tony Soprano said to the big guy watching Junior "It's time you started to seriously consider salads"

Cheers
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top