Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/19/2005 6:40:34 AM EDT
May want to take notes Kathy..........BTW, he has been using a similar plan for every hurricane, modified a little bit each time with lessons learned.......what a concept......
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:42:51 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Jasba:
May want to take notes Kathy..........BTW, he has been using a similar plan for every hurricane, modified a little bit each time with lessons learned.......what a concept......

Adaptation to ones environment and learnt behaviour are not a traits displayed in lower level animals.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:43:49 AM EDT

In all fairness, it should be mentioned that

1) Florida has more hurricane experience to draw from,
2) The media spotlight is forcing JB to do everything by the book on this one, and
3) Democrats are so wildly incompetent that we shouldn't expect them to get anything right anyway.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:54:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By arowneragain:

2) The media spotlight is forcing JB to do everything by the book on this one, and
3) Democrats are so wildly incompetent that we shouldn't expect them to get anything right anyway.

Agreed but,

1. LA seems to be the only state that has not learned lessons from Andrew, Ivan, etc. Mississippi and Alabama were all evacuated quickly and safely by their Governors.......
2. Jeb has done it this way for every hurricane, in fact this press conference to me was a little shorter than the previous ones I have seen from him...
3. Yeah, okay, you got me on that one.........

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:15:35 AM EDT

Agreed but,
1. LA seems to be the only state that has not learned lessons from Andrew, Ivan, etc. Mississippi and Alabama were all evacuated quickly and safely by their Governors.......
2. Jeb has done it this way for every hurricane, in fact this press conference to me was a little shorter than the previous ones I have seen from him...

And I would imagine that if LA's emergency preparedness office would have asked, FLA would have probably been more than glad to share their plan/program with them.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:18:52 AM EDT
There were several problems in Louisiana.

1. The disaster plan was woefully inadequate.
2. It wasn't executed.

The first step is to have a sufficient disaster plan.
The second is to execute it just like an ER team running codes.

shooter
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:15:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By blueheeler66:

Agreed but,

And I would imagine that if LA's emergency preparedness office would have asked, FLA would have probably been more than glad to share their plan/program with them.

Didn't have too. I heard that Blanco turned down help offered from FL before Katrina. Guess she didn't want any help from anyone - especially someone named Bush...

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:20:50 AM EDT

Haven't heard much about Rita, what did Jeb do?

Thanks,

Merlin
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:21:37 AM EDT
Top Top