Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2008 8:38:04 AM EDT
Been shaving my head with clippers (no guard) since I was 18. (10 years ago) I usually shave once per week out of laziness, but would like to keep up with it more. I'm thinking about trying out the HeadBlade, but I've never done the razor thing. My neck usually breaks out with about 5 ingrown hairs when I shave with a razor, (especially if I let it go for a few days) so I worry the same might happen to my head. I'm wondering what, if anything, can be done to avoid ingrown hairs, and how often you need to use the HeadBlade. Also, how long do the blades last typically? Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 5:20:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Got one the day I posted this, have used it 5 times now going "with the grain" and will never go back. No issues what so ever. I might try going "against the grain" next time.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 5:23:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I've used a headblade against the grain for a few months, no complaints.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 5:25:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I go against the grain evertime. (Using HB for over 12 months now)
I shave every 36 hours. Great product. Do use their shave cream/ lube. Da' best.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 5:48:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I used mine once... determined I don't really have the head for having no hair and I have a mole or something that I sliced off w/ it. It felt like cutting a hotdog and it bled forever. Seemed to do what it is intended to do very well though.
Link Posted: 8/4/2008 5:55:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't like using a blade on my head...  it makes my head feel sticky and makes a hat uncomfortable to wear.

I usually skim over my head 1x a week with electric trimmers and no guard. Seems to give me the best results that way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top