Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2006 4:13:29 AM EDT
To start off the New Year, I'm going to begin with a rant against all Dupe Nazi's or Aspiring Dupe Nazi's.

WTH is up with you people?  You seem to think that this board is an all consuming life, where every
thread is, or is supposed to be, read by everyone.

If there's a dupe within the last 3 or 4 pages, fine.
If you're posting information that everyone knows, such as; "GW elected to second term", fine,

Otherwise, S.......T.......F.......U......

If your life is so useless and pitiful that you have the ability to spend hour, after hour, after hour; day after day, after day on the computer, start your own site where you can be the supreme Dupe Nazi.

Otherwise, S.......T........F........U.....

There are those of us who log on once or twice a day, scan through 4 or 5 pages, and get caught up with the Arfcom current events, as well as World Wide current events.

It seems to be trendy lately to post "Dupe" and "IBTL".  I don't know if it's to get your post count up or if you really don't have a life.

If this is a bandwidth issue, I'd much rather have a good dupe than to see a thread on; "I have black ooze coming out of my Scrotum, What does the Hive Mind think I should do?", or "I was caught going 165 mph in a school zone, how can I get out of the ticket?"

Hopefully 2006 will see a steady decline in our resident Dupe Nazi's.

For those of you that didn't get it.

S........T.........F............................UP
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:15:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:17:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Brass, I was told that once before, so your reply is a
DUPE
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:30:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:37:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:37:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
To start off the New Year, I'm going to begin with a rant against all Dupe Nazi's or Aspiring Dupe Nazi's.

WTH is up with you people?  You seem to think that this board is an all consuming life, where every
thread is, or is supposed to be, read by everyone.

If you're posting information that everyone knows, such as; "GW elected to second term", fine,

Otherwise, S.......T.......F.......U......

If your life is so useless and pitiful that you have the ability to spend hour, after hour, after hour; day after day, after day on the computer, start your own site where you can be the supreme Dupe Nazi.

Otherwise, S.......T........F........U.....

There are those of us who log on once or twice a day, scan through 4 or 5 pages, and get caught up with the Arfcom current events, as well as World Wide current events.

It seems to be trendy lately to post "Dupe" and "IBTL".  I don't know if it's to get your post count up or if you really don't have a life.

If this is a bandwidth issue, I'd much rather have a good dupe than to see a thread on; "I have black ooze coming out of my Scrotum, What does the Hive Mind think I should do?", or "I was caught going 165 mph in a school zone, how can I get out of the ticket?"

Hopefully 2006 will see a steady decline in our resident Dupe Nazi's.

For those of you that didn't get it.

S........T.........F............................UP

bravo
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:39:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Dupe, IBTL, +1, pie, marpat, happy gnu year.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:41:08 AM EDT
[#7]
In 5 years 80FL posts 0.23 times per day.  Looks like he puts emphasis on quality rather than quantity.
Oh, almost forgot.
+1
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:44:32 AM EDT
[#8]
+1
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 4:45:09 AM EDT
[#9]
. your description of a logging in pattern fits me perfectly. thank you on behalf of all of use un neccessarly duped posters.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:28:30 AM EDT
[#10]

I seldom look beyond the first page.  I know a dupe patrolman will come along and post links to all relevant threads, saving me the trouble.

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:30:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I seldom look beyond the first page.  I know a dupe patrolman will come along and post links to all relevant threads, saving me the trouble.

Eddie

Same thing I do.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:35:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:36:30 AM EDT
[#13]
----------------------------
80FL
Post Number :: 436

NH, USA
----------------------------

Ookayyyy. Happy New Year too!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:53:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
+1 i'd like to see dupe nazi's drawn and quatered personally.

As in throw cumquats at them?

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:15:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:22:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:29:09 AM EDT
[#18]

I don't care who you are;  That's Funny
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:32:24 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

+2
One of the most annoying things on this site.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

spelling nazi's should be castrated.

any dumbass can click n spell check. It takes talent to let it flow

Sorry; didn't mean to piss you off.

Do I get banned for this?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:36:01 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as you dont try and use the ARFCOM "spell check"
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:37:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Proper "Dupe!" policy is linking the original thread into the duplicate thread when calling "Dupe!"

The only thing worse than a Dupe!Nazi is a lazy Dupe!Nazi...
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:41:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Preach brother, preach!!!  Dupe Nazi's should be banned from the site.
The biggest pain in the ass Dupe Nazi is the one who posted the original
thread.  The want to make sure they get all the credit for the post.  BTW,
this is probably a dupe as well.  

This whole site is pretty much a dupe and it goes in cycles.
The newbies come on without reading tacked threads
and ask whats the best "clips, whats the difference between an
A1, A2, A3, what is an M4, etc...  

I was guilty of that too when I first came
here.  That wasn't too long ago.  Things were different then.  I received help,
a little teasing and a warm welcome.  Things have changed and now when
a newbie comes along they post, yes a dupe, and then they usually get
thrashed for it.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:43:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Personally,the "IBTL" people bother me more.One can only assuming the "IBTL" people seem to think that a high post count equates to a higher social standing within this forum.I guess the same can be said for the "Dupe" people.I really so no reason WHY people do this,other than a pathetic attempt to raise their post count.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:46:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Just send Chuck Norris after the dupe nazi's.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:48:07 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Personally,the "IBTL" people bother me more.One can only assuming the "IBTL" people seem to think that a high post count equates to a higher social standing within this forum.I guess the same can be said for the "Dupe" people.I really so no reason WHY people do this,other than a pathetic attempt to raise their post count.

No, I'll tell you what is really sorry; people who post "+1."

Post count goes up by one without saying anything.

If a thread is worth responding to, then say something!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:49:42 AM EDT
[#27]
I still think every person that posts a "dupe" or an "IBTL" should have 5 deducted from his post count.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Trigicog:

people seem to think that a high post count equates to a higher social standing

You,Sir, are correct.  I can see it now.

Obituary

XXXX of AR-15.com fame died suddenly while sitting at his computer early Thursday evening.

XXXX was born in the State of Arrogance, where he spent most of his life.  He died in the Stat of Ignorance, leaving behind his computer, his chair and his keyboard.

XXXX was best known for his high post count on the board.

Donations may be made to the Society for High Post Counts, run by the Mother Theresa Organization.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:08:50 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I still think every person that posts a "dupe" or an "IBTL" should have 5 deducted from his post count.

-10 for a "Chuck Norris" anything
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Seriously,I think this tactic will thwart many people who add nothing to threads but abbreviations or numbers.Make it -100 posts,and hardly anyone will do it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:21:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Unfortunately, this is pretty much the case. At least in a lot of people's minds.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:24:13 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Trigicog:

Obituary

XXXX of AR-15.com fame died suddenly while sitting at his computer early Thursday evening.

XXXX was born in the State of Arrogance, where he spent most of his life.  He died in the Stat of Ignorance, leaving behind his computer, his chair and his keyboard.

Donations may be made to the Society for High Post Counts, run by the Mother Theresa Organization.

Now that there is funny, I don't care who you are.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Trigicog:

Obituary

Yeppers that's a good one........

I can see the thread for donations already.........
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:47:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Notable Members in Arfcom History

- - - - -

Username: M4geryMike

This poster was the first of a most recently developed group of “Dupe” posters.  The Dupe-posters spend hour after hour on Arfcom and take an unexplained delight and smug satisfaction in being the first to identify dupe topics by posting “DUPE!!!”  Of course in doing so, they raise the duped topic back to the top of Page 1.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:44:58 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I'll tell you what is really sorry; people who post "+1."

Post count goes up by one without saying anything.

If a thread is worth responding to, then say something!

Does this count?

Oh, and

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:51:04 AM EDT
[#36]
I've never laughed so hard

DUPE
+1
IBTL

*Sigh*  I'll never be taken seriously again...........
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

if the peoples site had a built in spell checker perhapse the nazi's  could return to their traditional past time of mass goat orgies
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Arfcom is a for-profit site. They should just hire more moderators, actually pay them, and have them merge threads that are dupes.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:15:09 AM EDT
[#39]
DUPE!!!!            

How about if you post "DUPE!" you have to post the link, too?  Otherwise you get the -5 post count.  
+1 to my idea.    

Oh, and IBTL.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Yada, yada, blah, blah.

Dupe you..........and the horse you rode to the carwash.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Proper "Dupe!" policy is linking the original thread into the duplicate thread when calling "Dupe!"

I agree.

Dupe Nazis, please include the link if yo are gonna call dupe.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:47:39 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree.

Dupe Nazis, please include the link if yo are gonna call dupe.

+1

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm tired of the people who say shit that gets a perfectly good thread locked Like the sex in the shower thread that JUST got locked because of some idiot.  It's the same thing that killed BOTD and the Pit (RIP Pit, BOTD, we will forever miss you ).  People need to quit doing it, there's threads that get locked while I'm in the middle of reading/posting in them and it's all because some idiot said something stupid that got negative attention from the mods.  Seriously, if we want the Mods to back down, BOTD to come back, and the Pit to reopen, we need to quit posting stuff in threads that causes a lock.  
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:41:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I'm tired of the people who say shit that gets a perfectly good thread locked Like the sex in the shower thread that JUST got locked because of some idiot.  It's the same thing that killed BOTD and the Pit (RIP Pit, BOTD, we will forever miss you ).  People need to quit doing it, there's threads that get locked while I'm in the middle of reading/posting in them and it's all because some idiot said something stupid that got negative attention from the mods.  Seriously, if we want the Mods to back down, BOTD to come back, and the Pit to reopen, we need to quit posting stuff in threads that causes a lock.  

"The freedom to keep and bear free speech shall not be infringed..."

There is no way to keep people from saying dumb shit; they are protected by the U.S. Constituion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top