Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2009 11:15:36 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually, the only good snake is a dead snake. The guys on ARFCOM told me so.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#2]
The OP of course makes a great point, but another reason not to kill the Indigo snake is due to the fact it is protected..... and I believe you can get a hefty  fine
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Are indigo snakes poisonous?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I dunno why people hate snakes. Obviously I'd stay away from poisonous snakes but I have no problems touching or handling non-venomous ones. Live and let live.

I don't see why people are bothered by lizards, rats, mice or snakes. On the other hand, fuck spiders and insects.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I dunno why people hate snakes. Obviously I'd stay away from poisonous snakes but I have no problems touching or handling non-venomous ones. Live and let live.

I don't see why people are bothered by lizards, rats, mice or snakes. On the other hand, fuck spiders and insects.

'Cuz they're pussies.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:25:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No... they actually would make good pets (if it weren't illegal)

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:27:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

No.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:27:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Very cool..
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

'Cuz they're pussies.

This.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

'Cuz they're pussies.

^This

Except for the fear of spiders and insects.   I don't understand the fear of them either.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#11]

A contractor was returning an Indigo to its swampy home after firing the framer who had taken it home, and he offered to let me hold it.  It was a beautiful six-footer, and draped around my shoulders as if it didn't have a care in the world.  Very cool snake.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I hate poisonous snakes and kill them when ever I can, but i have over a dozen black snakes in my yard for that very reason
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:36:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#14]
I wonder how many people have seen an Indigo snake in the wild...I have seen one.....dead....... hit by a car ..it was huge.........
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:38:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Very Impressive.  I'm guessing that the Indigo snake just overpowered the rattler and swallowed him alive?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

And Obama.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I wonder how many people have seen an Indigo snake in the wild...I have seen one.....dead....... hit by a car ..it was huge.........

Cool pictures.  I had a python for a while, so I got used to handling snakes.  They're not so bad.  That said, anything poisonous that bites you is a dick.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The OP of course makes a great point, but another reason not to kill the Indigo snake is due to the fact it is protected..... and I believe you can get a hefty  fine

Government control is NEVER the answer.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:41:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'Cuz they're pussies.

This.

It's amazing how many "big, strong, tough guys" there are on this site that will squeal like a girl when they see a snake.

Here's a rat snake I was playing with last spring.  The rifle there is just for scale, I did not hurt it.

http://www.tinklehound.com/images/DSCF0047a.jpg

http://www.tinklehound.com/images/DSCF0048a.jpg

http://www.tinklehound.com/images/DSCF0050a.jpg

Grape snow cone?

If that snake was eating a snow cone instead of rats, I'd say you have one big problem with ghey snakes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#20]
In the first pic, did anyone notice that the coloration of the diamondback has a pixelated/marpat  appearance? Just shows that there's nothing new about pixel camo, nature did it first!

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#21]
I was wondering how the Indigo got the better of the rattler, if the Indi is not venomous he must have some serious snake balls to take on a rattler
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

no snake is poisonous.

some are venomous though.

an indigo snake is non-venomous. it is immune to rattlesnake venom.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was wondering how the Indigo got the better of the rattler, if the Indi is not venomous he must have some serious snake balls to take on a rattler

Indigos kill rattlers all the time.  They are one of the rattle snake's natural predators
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

'Cuz they're pussies.

Yep.  I hate snakes.  HATE.  THEM.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Several of the nonpoisonous snakes here specialize in hunting their venomous cousins.  The indigo as well as the king snake both prey on venomous snakes.  Both species have adapted to be immune to the venom...

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#26]
One day I came upon somebody quite determined to continue beating a snake that was already quite clearly dead. As the remains of the snake were obviously not those of one of the four species of venemous snakes in the area, I asked him about it. He informed me that it says in the bible to kill every snake you see. As it was too late for the snake, and there is nothing to be gained by arguing with an idiot, I left.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#27]

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 12:43:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Didn't these pics originate here? I could have sworn another poster took these.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top