Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/1/2004 8:11:35 AM EST
Anyone been to Sigonella? Looks like a future destination for me as early as Spring. Wondering what to do there, women scene, etc.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:20:49 AM EST
Never been there, but a fellow stud friend of mine, his brother is an AG and he's reporting there soon. I hear great things about it, plus you can go all over Europe.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:39:08 AM EST
Never been there, but I have had a couple friends who were stationed there and friends who are C-130 crews that spend a few months a year there.
Sigonella is in the armpit of Italy.

No firearms allowed, although you can buy cool stuff from Benelli.
My last command did a group purchase of custom Benelli shotguns engraved with the command, the DET and how many HARM missiles they shot off. They got a $1200 shotgun for about $750.

It's a multi-national command, so you can count on every holiday that is celebrated by all of the joint commands being a "day off" - unless you have duty...HAHA, right!.

It's the big rework facility for the 6th fleet and it's a Naval Aircraft Depot facility.
It's also a big DOD shipping center.

It's a great place for starting Space-A flights or once you get off the island Italy is a cool jumping off spot for EuroRail touring.

What command are you going to?

If you are going to work for the NAS you can count on working 24/7.
I had an ABF working for me that was the LPO of the fuel farm at Sig.
From what he said working with the Italians is "fun".

I have heard different tales on the chicky-snack situation, one common item is that you need to learn to speak the language.

You should have tried to get to Rota.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:39:23 AM EST
No
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:43:48 AM EST
Oh, we got Italian studs here... they're good dudes, funny guys. Hopefully it's the same over there at NAS.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:20:48 AM EST

Originally Posted By KA3B:
Never been there, but I have had a couple friends who were stationed there and friends who are C-130 crews that spend a few months a year there.
Sigonella is in the armpit of Italy.

No firearms allowed, although you can buy cool stuff from Benelli.
My last command did a group purchase of custom Benelli shotguns engraved with the command, the DET and how many HARM missiles they shot off. They got a $1200 shotgun for about $750.

It's a multi-national command, so you can count on every holiday that is celebrated by all of the joint commands being a "day off" - unless you have duty...HAHA, right!.

It's the big rework facility for the 6th fleet and it's a Naval Aircraft Depot facility.
It's also a big DOD shipping center.

It's a great place for starting Space-A flights or once you get off the island Italy is a cool jumping off spot for EuroRail touring.

What command are you going to?

If you are going to work for the NAS you can count on working 24/7.
I had an ABF working for me that was the LPO of the fuel farm at Sig.
From what he said working with the Italians is "fun".

I have heard different tales on the chicky-snack situation, one common item is that you need to learn to speak the language.

You should have tried to get to Rota.

That's me, Loadmaster. We have a bunch of places we are gonna be on DET, Rota is also one of them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:27:17 AM EST
Are you out of Willow Grove?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:29:18 AM EST
NAS Sigonella was great duty, but we spent more time deployed then on the base.

Nude beaches, ok bars and lots of sightseeing to do. Did I mention the Nude Beaches?
Swing over to HC-4's Hanger and tell them a Old Orddy says Howdy, and that you want to tranfer

Did I mention the Nude beaches?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:30:28 AM EST

Are you out of Willow Grove?

I am, VR-64 Newly commissioned last month. We were VP-64.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:31:38 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:31:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By dpmmn:
NAS Sigonella was great duty, but we spent more time deployed then on the base.

Nude beaches, ok bars and lots of sightseeing to do. Did I mention the Nude Beaches?
Swing over to HC-4's Hanger and tell them a Old Orddy says Howdy, and that you want to tranfer

Did I mention the Nude beaches?

Yeah that seems to be the theme with those I speak with about the place... Nude Beaches
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:36:38 AM EST
The nicest thing to hear when you leave....

"Aboard, closed, check, light out Load"

"Light out Engineer".

Originally Posted By Valkyrie:

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:40:29 AM EST

The nicest thing to hear when you leave....

"Aboard, closed, check, light out Load"

"Light out Engineer".

Originally Posted By Valkyrie:

Back to Ft Worth in Jan for LM1 school, completed LM2 in July just got to finish Aircrew(go back to Hurricane Alley next Monday) and put in the flight hours. Should be off and running by Nov. atthe latest.
Top Top