Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 9:02:04 AM EST
So, who are you going to be voting for to run against Fengold in the Senate? There are four candidates:

Russ Darrow; Robert Gerald Lorge; Tim J. Michels; Bob Welch

I know that Russ Darrow and Bob Welch both will support 2nd ammendment rights and I think I remember Tim Michels saying he would too, but I don't really know a whole lot about them other than that. I don't know anything about Robert Gerald Lorge.

Who do you think has the best chance of beating Feingold and who will you be voting for?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:31:29 AM EST
Actually none of the above. I don't want to lose Bob Welch from the state .gov just yet we still got that CCW bill to get passed. Right now I don't have to many issues with Russ and don't see a huge need to rush and replace him just yet. We showed we could get to him on the AWB issue(see sig line). I think we can get to him on the lawsuit protection bill and some others as well, we just have to be sure to keep on him. Yah the CFR legislation was/is kinda fucked up but like with everything else it can be fixed by working within the system.

I'm actually more worried about Gwen Moore who is trying to get the 4th district seat in the house. That bitch is very very very anti-gun and would be best friends with boxer and difi and chuckie and the rest. Dave_A seems to think getting her out of the state .gov is a good thing as it could open up a spot for a pro-gunner, but from her district I don't see that happening. If welch were to win and moore were to win, well the trade off ain't good we lose Paul Ryan who is a gun guy and get an anti-gun moore instead, not a good trade off. In the Senate we lose russ and get Bob seems like a good trade off till you consider the ramifications at the state .gov level. We lose a pro gun state senator who we can't garantee will be replaced by a pro gun person and than we also have to worry about the next potential anti-gunner that will be hitting the state senate from moore's old district. And it will be a Dem that comes out of that district and into the state senate so we potentialy lose a pro gun vote in the senate thats not good, and I wouldn't be willing to take that risk. As some of you may remember we lost the veto override vote for CCW by 1 vote in the senate, so right now we need as many pro gun people as possible especially in the state senate. Welch going would not be good unless we can guarantee a pro-gunner will win the seat he vacates. And I'm not willing to trade a pro-gun Rep. Ryan for anti-gun Gwen Moore in the house.

(oh just a note, for me, this year it's all about guns thats my only issue as I agree with being in Iraq, A-stan I'm not worried about the economy cuz unlike what the dems want everyone to believe the sky ain't falling, healthcare ain't an issue either, we don't have a "right" to healthcare at the government's or our employers expence/partial expence)
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:40:23 AM EST
Bob Welch
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:20:23 AM EST

Originally Posted By photoman:
Actually none of the above. I don't want to lose Bob Welch from the state .gov just yet we still got that CCW bill to get passed. Right now I don't have to many issues with Russ and don't see a huge need to rush and replace him just yet. We showed we could get to him on the AWB issue(see sig line). I think we can get to him on the lawsuit protection bill and some others as well, we just have to be sure to keep on him. Yah the CFR legislation was/is kinda fucked up but like with everything else it can be fixed by working within the system.

I'm actually more worried about Gwen Moore who is trying to get the 4th district seat in the house. That bitch is very very very anti-gun and would be best friends with boxer and difi and chuckie and the rest. Dave_A seems to think getting her out of the state .gov is a good thing as it could open up a spot for a pro-gunner, but from her district I don't see that happening. If welch were to win and moore were to win, well the trade off ain't good we lose Paul Ryan who is a gun guy and get an anti-gun moore instead, not a good trade off. In the Senate we lose russ and get Bob seems like a good trade off till you consider the ramifications at the state .gov level. We lose a pro gun state senator who we can't garantee will be replaced by a pro gun person and than we also have to worry about the next potential anti-gunner that will be hitting the state senate from moore's old district. And it will be a Dem that comes out of that district and into the state senate so we potentialy lose a pro gun vote in the senate thats not good, and I wouldn't be willing to take that risk. As some of you may remember we lost the veto override vote for CCW by 1 vote in the senate, so right now we need as many pro gun people as possible especially in the state senate. Welch going would not be good unless we can guarantee a pro-gunner will win the seat he vacates. And I'm not willing to trade a pro-gun Rep. Ryan for anti-gun Gwen Moore in the house.

(oh just a note, for me, this year it's all about guns thats my only issue as I agree with being in Iraq, A-stan I'm not worried about the economy cuz unlike what the dems want everyone to believe the sky ain't falling, healthcare ain't an issue either, we don't have a "right" to healthcare at the government's or our employers expence/partial expence)

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I like Feingold too, for the most part, but it would be nice to have a little more pro 2nd person in there, but like you said. It wouldn't be worth losing CCW over.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 3:53:09 AM EST
I hate findgold. Tim J. Michels won, so hopefully he can beat findgold. Probably not going to happen though.

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:29:13 AM EST
Saw this blurb in a newspaper article

According to the latest figures from the Federal Election Commission, Feingold had $2.29 million on hand at the end of the last reporting period, Aug. 25. He spent more than $1.6 million in July and August, with most of that going for television advertising purchases.

According to the FEC filings, Michels had $145,204 in cash on hand at the end of the period.

Top Top