Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2001 10:14:05 AM EDT
One of my regular customers is an officer on the South Lake Tahoe P.D. He recently moved into an administrative position and one of the projects he wants to accomplish is to update his depaertments range facilities. Currently, they use the only existing range in the basin, which is run down and closed to the public. He is looking for grants or organizations that will help. He has the NRA book ,but he was looking for info on state organiztions that might be interested in helping. He said that accepting NRA grant $$ would require the range to be open to the public 20% of the time.(Keep in mind, there is currently NOWHERE in the Tahoe basin that is legal for public shooting, 20% is a 20% IMPROVEMENT.) If any of you guys have any ideas, please post them here so I can pass them on. This is a golden opportunity, he's a pro gun cop and it's not often somebody in Cali wants to expand shooting.
Edited because in 11 hours 12 people read the last title and the topic fell to page 5. Any ideas would be appreciated. I personally don't shoot in Cali, but if it helps just one child...
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Big Bear.
Link Posted: 12/31/2001 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]
You might suggest your friend/customer contact the El Dorado County Sheriffs office as SLT is in our county. At present the SO uses the El Dorado Rod and Gun Club range near Placerville - an hour drive from SLT. But maybe they would be interested in a joint renovation of the SLT range for the officers of the SO, PD and NFS (enforcement division) who live up there.

Happy now. I responded. [:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top