Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2011 10:46:42 AM EDT
I know most of you on this site are against the media/sporting events and other sources of that nature but... Does anyone go to any ball games? If so I was curious as to what kind of gear you take with you. Im wanting to take some type of headphones where I can hear the radio broadcast along with the stadium broadcast... Also a pair of binoculars might come in handy.. What have you noticed once you got there that you are missing or wished you had... will be attending an NFL game...  (dont give me the " fuck them greedy bastards " speech) been there done that.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I've had season tickets for NHL, NBA and MLB in the past.  I never take anything with me.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:50:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I attended many Braves and Falcons games in the early/mid 1990's when my father received season tickets through his company.
I worked as a floor wiper for the Hawks when I was in HS.
I was present for the last Monday Night Broncos/Raiders Game ever held in Mile High.
I had a girlfriend whose parent's had season tickets to the Rockies three rows behind home plate (2000-ish).

I have seen the Avalanche play a few times.

I have watched Baltimore play in their home field.
...And to be honest, I really only like College sports.  

I always take plenty of money for beer, and my wife.

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Plenty of cash.

At a race I usually bring my scanner.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been to a bit of everything and never brought any gear. You don't go to the game to watch the game so much as to experience it. Go crazy rooting for the team, get a little rowdy and have some fun.

If you want to just see the game clearly get an HDTV.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Ive noticed the last few times I have attended the games, Ive had a hard time keeping up with the action once they are on the other end of the field.. It would be nice to keep up with the play by play...
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:56:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Used to have season tickets for the NFL for a while.

We did the whole tailgating thing so we brought tons of food for BBQ, table, chairs, canopy. We even brought a satellite and tv so we could watch the early games.

For in the stadium we just brought water bottles and peanuts. Food inside is too expensive. Bring binoculars if you want
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#8]
If you have good seats, usually meaning expensive, you don't need any gear to enjoy the game.  Sitting high up in end-zone sections really isn't worth the expense unless you are a huge fan of one of the teams.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:00:08 AM EDT
[#9]
NBA tickets here, I usually just take cash and a friend or slam piece.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Never been to an NFL game but I like to take peanuts to munch on at baseball games. Binoculars would be a good idea. Maybe some sort of seat pad for ass relief.

Last Cubs game I went to what I had, but wished I was missing, was a loaded USP mag and a SOG Tsunami that I somehow forgot to take out of my manbag. Oops.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Seats are great if they are at the south end zone.. Im right on the goal line... when they start heading North it gets a little confusing LOL
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:03:22 AM EDT
[#12]
College baseball games a lot. I take a small FM radio and an earbud to listen to the game at times. Mostly just to hear what the other games in the conference are doing that day.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Bring cash, FM/AM radio, flask.

EDIT: Did i make it in before the sports haters?

Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I used to bring a radio to football games but quit.  It just didn't add anything to the experience and it was something else to carry.  I do like to bring binoculars, but smaller is better.  A big pair of 10 x 50 wide angles are just too much to hassle with.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ive noticed the last few times I have attended the games, Ive had a hard time keeping up with the action once they are on the other end of the field.. It would be nice to keep up with the play by play...

I'll take a small am/fm radio into the game with me, and a set of ear buds. I like being able to listen to injury reports, substitutions, and general gameplay discussion that goes on during the course of the game. You can get a decent radio without paying a lot, but don't go too cheap, because reception is where it'll likely suffer. And I prefer the ear buds because I can have one in and tuck the other one down into my collar. I can still hear what's going on around me and not be oblivious to the other people I'm with.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:25:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I never take a radio and wish I had to college footbal games
The play by play would be nice and sideline reports on injuries would also be nice.

NFL game....not going to need anything unless you absolutely love to listen to the radio announcers.
There are usually enough TV screens around that binos are not needed
Take cash to have a few beers
Dress for the weather in the fourth quarter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top