Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2006 8:16:32 PM EDT
I have a nice big ass Prime NY Strip I want to grill, but I'm not sure if it will work - it's -10F out right now.  I know there is a temp where a tank will produce no or little pressure - anyone what what that temp is?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to operate a propane-fueled fork lift that would have to be pushed back inside after a few minutes or 15 out on the dock in 32 degree weather.  It would stall while idling and not start back up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Um, wood?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe .50 cal. to as small as .22 cal.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 8:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
A short while ago (two hours), it was -24° C and I grilled a few steaks. The grill seems to work fine down to -35° C.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 9:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]
pre ban or post ban tanks?
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:02:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Post ban.  I wasn't aware the OPD device made any difference.  

I suppose I could have brought the tank inside for a while.

At any rate, I decided to bake some popcorn chicken instead.  I didn't feel like brushing the snow off the grill, or trudging through the 4 inches of snow on my deck.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:04:35 PM EDT
[#7]

IIRC, the boiling point of propane is around -40* F.  Even so, the colder it is, the lower the vapor pressure will be.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 10:05:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Post ban.  I wasn't aware the OPD device made any difference.  

I suppose I could have brought the tank inside for a while.

At any rate, I decided to bake some popcorn chicken instead.  I didn't feel like brushing the snow off the grill, or trudging through the 4 inches of snow on my deck.

Lightweight!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top