Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/16/2009 2:23:19 PM EDT
My mind is made up.

One fucking party with 2 heads doesn't cut it.

I don't care who show up with balls, skirt or not, I'm going with it.

Anything is better than what we have or could have had in 08.

Sarah, Fred, Perot, I don't care, time to make some waves.

That is all.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, because there's no difference bewteen what McCain would have done and what Obama has done/is trying to do.

You're cutting off your nose to spite your face, and it's ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:24:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Cthulhu 2012!

Why vote for a lesser evil?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:25:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, because there's no difference bewteen what McCain would have done and what Obama has done/is trying to do.

I disagree.

Now is the best time to start putting some support behind a 3rd party.

Better than waiting till election year.

Just don't let it be Ron Paul.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:26:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Your mind is made up that it's not made up?

Sarah is currently my frontrunner for 2012. Fred has lots of experience, but it isn't executive experience, and he hasn't gotten anyone fired up.

Perot!!!??
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:28:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

Why?  To divide the Right even more?

-K
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

I disagree. I don't see any way a 3rd party is going to do anything but split our vote. What we need is a viable Republican candidate who's a real conservative, and has leadership skills.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:30:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

-K

No divide the left like Nader did in 2000.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

-K

All the bitching about paradigm shifting away from Democrats vs. Republicans seems to come to a head on election year.

If there were to be a paradigm shift involving a 3rd party, the best time to build support for that party would be now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:33:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd love to see someone form the Constitution Party.  If it ain't in the Constitution or Bill of Rights, it doesn't fly.  If I were elected, I'd take an axe to government to hew it back to constitutional principles; in other words, I'd get rid of three fourths of it.  I'd also hang 10% of Congress on general principles, and keep a big pot of hot tar and mattress full of feathers by the front door. But that's just me.  

Unfortunately, as Rush said last week, if people  swing toward a third party, they'll only succeed in geting Obamazama reelected.  Remember what happened with Perot and Clinton in the '90s.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:36:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

That would do nothing but assure liberal Democratic control of this country for the forseeable future.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

I disagree. I don't see any way a 3rd party is going to do anything but split our vote.

Yeah, the Republican party has been stealing votes from the Libertarian and Constitution parties for years.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I won't vote Republican again if they don't stop picking their Presidential candidate by seniority.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:44:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd love to see someone form the Constitution Party.  If it ain't in the Constitution or Bill of Rights, it doesn't fly.  If I were elected, I'd take an axe to government to hew it back to constitutional principles; in other words, I'd get rid of three fourths of it.  I'd also hang 10% of Congress on general principles, and keep a big pot of hot tar and mattress full of feathers by the front door. But that's just me.  

Unfortunately, as Rush said last week, if people  swing toward a third party, they'll only succeed in geting Obamazama reelected.  Remember what happened with Perot and Clinton in the '90s.

You got my vote!  

The Republicans have been fucking us, they just aren't fucking us over quite as fast as the Dems.

If Obama gets re-elected, I'll write off our country to be too stupid for any hope, unless it's a stolen election.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I won't vote Republican again if they don't stop picking their Presidential candidate by seniority.

Unfortunatly, the candidate is chosen by voting in the primary, in a similar fashion to the general election.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:51:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yeah, the Republican party has been stealing votes from the Libertarian and Constitution parties for years.

All three have issues. Only one is viable.

Not only are the L & C parties small, they realistically won't grow unless they become more flexable. They need to grow from the ground up, and elect local candidates before expecting to win national elections.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:52:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

-K

There is no right. This is what people don't get today. We have left and center left. McCain or Obama, Romney or Clinton it makes little difference. In all honesty would four years under McCain have really been much better? Not enough to continue holding your nose at the ballot box. I for voted McCain/Bush/Bush and still regret that today. It will not happen again. Until the GOP moves back to the right third parties will get my vote. Fuck the Republicrats and their RINO offerings.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No, what is rediculous is continuing to support a foundering party that doesn't represent me or my views instead of trying to fix a corrupt system. 4 more years of Republicans would be no better than what we have now. At least support for a 3rd party may bear fruit in the future. Support for the status quo will only result in continued decline.

Remember that if yoou voted republican last election, your vote was still wasted as surely as if you voted 3rd party for president. At least if you voted 3rd party you would be showing that we're not alone.  As long as the cowards refuse to stand up we're stuck on this slide.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:54:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There is a Constituion Party.

Anyone who attempts to adhere to strict principles ain't gonna make it. Compromise is the name of the game.

I agree that social security, medicare, and a host of other things are unconstitutional. But I don't think it's a smart plan to run on a platform to eliminate these programs on that basis; unless losing and making a statment is the goal.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#20]
YOUTUBE LINK?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No, what is rediculous is continuing to support a foundering party that doesn't represent me or my views instead of trying to fix a corrupt system. 4 more years of Republicans would be no better than what we have now. At least support for a 3rd party may bear fruit in the future. Support for the status quo will only result in continued decline.

Remember that if yoou voted republican last election, your vote was still wasted as surely as if you voted 3rd party for president. At least if you voted 3rd party you would be showing that we're not alone.  As long as the cowards refuse to stand up we're stuck on this slide.

Then vote for real conservatives in Republican primaries and local elections. 3rd party at this time is a road to FAIL.

Look at the protestes against 0care. A good part of them are seniors defending their medicare status quo. We are a center right nation, not a full bore libertarian nation. In any forseable future, the Libertarian Party and Constituion Party will be minor players.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:02:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

-K

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#23]
I didn't get my way so I'm going to take my ball and run home.  Boo fucking whoo.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
My mind is made up.

That is all.

Voting for a guy who will get <1% of the vote is not "making waves".
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:03:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a Constituion Party.

Anyone who attempts to adhere to strict principles ain't gonna make it. Compromise is ....

Why both parties are such pieces of shit, that I can't vote for either.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

Let's not forget......that's how Clinton got elected.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#27]
RON PAUL R3VOLUTION!

Fuck the repubs. Fuck the dems. They are both one and the same.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

-K

No divide the left like Nader did in 2000.

I'm voting Green party.   Who's with me?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then vote for real conservatives in Republican primaries and local elections. 3rd party at this time is a road to FAIL.

Look at the protestes against 0care. A good part of them are seniors defending their medicare status quo. We are a center right nation, not a full bore libertarian nation. In any forseable future, the Libertarian Party and Constituion Party will be minor players.

That's the problem. There are no real conservatives to vote for. Give me a pro-choice, anti-interventionist who supports smaller government and reduced taxation without trying to legislate morality, and I'll vote Republican again. As long as we have bible thumpers who seek foreign dragons to slay, you've lost my support.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:18:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Remember that if yoou voted republican last election, your vote was still wasted as surely as if you voted 3rd party for president. At least if you voted 3rd party you would be showing that we're not alone. As long as the cowards refuse to stand up we're stuck on this slide.

That's the problem. There are no real conservatives to vote for. Give me a pro-choice, anti-interventionist who supports smaller government and reduced taxation without trying to legislate morality, and I'll vote Republican again. As long as we have bible thumpers who seek foreign dragons to slay, you've lost my support.

WOW!  Will you bare my children?

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Enjoy four more years of Obama.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:21:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Unless someone really fantastic comes around I think the strategy is to hold the repubs feet to the fire.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I disagree.

It may be the best time, but there will be nothing of the country we love left by the time that ship sets sail.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#35]
As I must mentioned in another thread, the lesson of Ross Perot was never learned.  Splitting the vote will guarantee the Dems have a free run.  Our only hope is changing the Republican party.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#36]
There is no good reason for the Republican party to move to the right when they are already guaranteed our votes.

Also, I'm getting tired of RINO this and RINO that.  It made sense when I thought the left-most members of the party were the exception, but these days I'd say they are the norm.  The RINOs are the Republican party.  People like us are the odd men out.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Our only hope is changing the Republican party.

In that case we are fucked.
5sub
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:26:07 PM EDT
[#38]
In the upcomming 2010 primary i am voting against every incumbant.

In the 2010 general election i am voting for the most progun candidate regardless of party.

What i would love to see happened is the Dems lose their majority while at the same time a bunch of antigun dems and fiscally liberal republicans lose their jobs.

Probably not possible, but thats the goal I will have in mind when voting.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:26:39 PM EDT
[#39]
The last time a third party had a chance in a presidential election was 1860.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#40]
The idea is get the lesser of 2 evils in and THEN make your stand.
Let them know in no uncertain terms that RINOS will not be tolerated.

If people would have done that in the last election, we wouldn't be nearly as bad off as we are now.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:27:59 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
The RINOs are the Republican party.

YES.

I'm a slow learner but I got there in 2008 with mccain.  Little difference in dimocrat and rino.
5sub
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:28:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
At the risk of being chastised again, I will not choose between the better of 2 evils come 2012.

I fail to understand why you think, on this day in September 2009, you believe McCain was/still is evil?  I have no idea why you are predicting that Palin is evil as well.

You either have some crystal ball the rest of us don't have, or is just purely being an idiot right now.  If it is the later, you will fit well with the majority American voting public right now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

McCain's Straight Talk Express and Obama's inauguration train both go to the same station.  One's just slower, so continue to vote for the slow death if that's how you want it.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:29:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My mind is made up.

That is all.

Voting for a guy who will get <1% of the vote is not "making waves".

They are making waves in Cali. Recalling republicans who crossed to ailse to vote for tax increases. At least two republican assemblymen and going to be losing their jobs for violating no tax increase pledges.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:

McCain's Straight Talk Express and Obama's inauguration train both go to the same station.  One's just slower, so continue to vote for the slow death if that's how you want it.

McAin wouldnt be pushing Universal heathcare right now. He would be pushing Amnesty for illegals and closing the "gun show loophole."  Just a different form of evil.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Here's my thread from election time:

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=781846

did we actually think McCain had a prayer???????

Casting my vote for that sad sack is one of my life's great regrets.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:35:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
My mind is made up.

That is all.

This message brought to you by the Woodrow Wilson 1912, Bill Clinton 1992, and Bill Clinton 1996 campaigns.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:36:47 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

McAin wouldnt be pushing Universal heathcare right now. He would be pushing Amnesty for illegals and closing the "gun show loophole."  Just a different form of evil.

Yup.  Just like W wanted amnesty, signed the Kennedy education bill into law, and gave us Medicare Part D.  All aboard the Socialist Express.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top