Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2002 7:20:47 PM EDT
I was at Knob Creek today with a few friends and there was this dork dressed up in full German Military getup.  He was even wearing a helmet.  (he had a big ponytail hanging out so he probably wasn't a skinhead)  He was really into it.  Shooting some long, bolt action rifle and just being over dramatic every time he flings the bolt open.  He was even crouching down and I assume was pretending to be in battle, because he would scan the range and only fire about every couple of minutes.  Ok, so now that I have a mental picture in your head, we were under a "Clear" so that everyone could set their targets back up.  I am walking back to my guns(I am about 40 meters out on the range at this time) when I hear a gun fire!!  Can you guess what moron it was?  I hollered over at him a couple of times and he finally said, "My bad." This guy seemed so intense on his shooting that he was oblivious to everyone else.  Either that or just a dumbass.  Dangerous either way though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess he wasn't really into it if his "scanning" didn't make it obvious that people were down range.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude, that was Lotboy.  He's a little weird like that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Dude, that was Lotboy.  He's a little weird like that.
View Quote

Yes I is!
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like a nut-bag. I wouldn't have stayed.

Today at my range, some older gent comes down and says that he's going to use the trap range and just "not shoot" when we walk downrange to check targets. The trap range and handgun/rifle range are at perpendicular angles and you can only use one or the other at any given time. I looked at my wife, back at him, and told him that we were finished anyway and on our way out.........

Range rules state that who ever is using a range first (rifle/pistol or trap) basically has the range until they finish. I wasn't going to argue with this old guy and just decided to leave.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#5]
The next time I looked down his way, he was gone.  He was either embarassed or his mom made him leave.  No kidding.  His mother was with him.  He looked like he was maybe 20-25 years old.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:16:48 PM EDT
[#6]
That would thoroughly piss me off.  Guy sounds a few sockets short of a set.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The next time I looked down his way, he was gone.  He was either embarassed or his mom made him leave.  No kidding.  His mother was with him.  He looked like he was maybe 20-25 years old.
View Quote

Was his mom wearing a costume too?
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I had some asshole from nj shoot off 15 rounds as fast as he could pull the trigger while I was downrange checking targets one time. This was at a state gamelands range in NE PA. I told the guy what he did was wrong and that if he did it again I would call the state police.
Link Posted: 4/24/2002 8:47:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Was his mom wearing a costume too?
View Quote

That's funny.  No she was in USWTI (United States White Trash Issue)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top